Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Missed this when it was posted but here's a nice bit of #data from Greg Marshall.

Interesting, this. 

Had a strong hunch that Slattery was very good at everything, without being notably exceptional at any.

That sounds like criticism, but really is not intended to!

10 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

To date, the assailant remains at large.

cammy-bell-rangers-motherwell-score_3310

1599511179_ScreenShot2022-05-31at08_07_23.thumb.png.5be82175d37e4674289f5fe466ce178c.png

For the really committed, the full BT sport show from the day so you get to laugh at all the post match chat too:

51 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

The SPFL Getting into the action

The record holder for the longest recorded cheer at Fir Park - and it literally can't be shown too many times.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

For the really committed, the full BT sport show from the day so you get to laugh at all the post match chat too:

I watched the pre and post match stuff there and Lee Erwin’s interview twice, what a boy, battered them, a class above.

7 hours ago, capt_oats said:
To date, the assailant remains at large.
[/url] cammy-bell-rangers-motherwell-score_3310300.jpg
1599511179_ScreenShot2022-05-31at08_07_23.thumb.png.5be82175d37e4674289f5fe466ce178c.png

No one does investigative journalism like Vanguard Bears. He is truly missed. 

EDIT: just realised he’s still kicking about.

Edited by ZX1886

12 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

No one does investigative journalism like Vanguard Bears. He is truly missed. 

EDIT: just realised he’s still kicking about.

I always thought it was a group. Like the Onion Bears.

Incidentally, actual adults cutting about, knowingly calling each other "Bears" will never not be funny.

100% not a dig at this account btw but I clocked this the other day as the Tweet I'd posted from Greg Marshall about Slattery tagged the account and I realised I hadn't seen many posts and it always used to show up in a 'Motherwell' search on Twitter so I had a wee peek.

Anyway, I'd kind of forgotten the amount of pearl clutching from Motherwell Twitter off the back of those PCAs becoming public knowledge and how it definitely meant Alexander had lost the dressing room or whatever (not suggesting that's what VM was saying like but it was definitely a general vibe).

With McGinley, Mugabi, Maguire and ultimately Lamie all extending deals it kind of feels a bit different in hindsight? Maybe? I mean it doesn't really feel like something that folk are getting worked up about now.

Fwiw, O'Hara played 1,429 minutes total last season. That was 17th most from a squad of 28 players used. Both Ojala and Johansen played more minutes than him.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/motherwell-fc/leistungsdaten/verein/987/reldata/%262021/plus/1

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

With McGinley, Mugabi, Maguire and ultimately Lamie all extending deals it kind of feels a bit different in hindsight? Maybe? I mean it doesn't really feel like something that folk are getting worked up about now.

Fwiw, O'Hara played 1,429 minutes total last season. That was 17th most from a squad of 28 players used. Both Ojala and Johansen played more minutes than him.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/motherwell-fc/leistungsdaten/verein/987/reldata/%262021/plus/1

Not to me...the 'lost the dressing room' was always a stupid take from people clearly in a mood to twist absolutely anything they could against Alexander. Which was bizarre because there was plenty of genuine stuff to criticise him on without needing to bend over backwards on three very different free transfers to form a narrative so obviously counter to what everyone saw almost every week - that despite the odd formations, the frustrating selections and apparent Slattery-gate, the players were still committed to him despite the poor results.