Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Anyone got any inside info on Scott Allan. I notice His forum don't show any sadness at his release. Is his fitness and form beyond rehabilitation, or could he be worth a punt, as he was a quality midfielder a few seasons back.

7 minutes ago, gullane said:

Anyone got any inside info on Scott Allan. I notice His forum don't show any sadness at his release. Is his fitness and form beyond rehabilitation, or could he be worth a punt, as he was a quality midfielder a few seasons back.

He made 23 appearances total last season and there's the obvious issues around his health.

Given Alexander made a point last summer that he was looking for players who'd be capable of playing 50 games a season I can't see someone like Allan being someone that we'd look at (talented as he was). Even more so as the club made the point that we've no intention of repeating the sort of season we had in 20/21 with 18 players injured/unavailable.

Fwiw, here's Allan's numbers for the regular league last season. 17 appearances but only 12% of those were in the starting XI.

82116800_ScreenShot2022-06-03at16_29_49.thumb.png.b087e133361117b26bfd79bee9f1edf7.png

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scott-allan/profil/spieler/60904

That said, I've no real idea of the sort of players Alexander would be looking at. The only players we've really seen any concrete rumours about are Spittal (who we signed) and Davis (where our interest seemed contingent on Rangers not wanting him).

1 hour ago, gullane said:

Hard no on Allan for me. Even when he was a really good player his attitude was always in question. Think he believed he was a lot better than he was. Despite him saying otherwise a few year ago.

If we do sign another Scottish player in this window, I suspect it will be in the Shields mould, decent amount of games and stats behind them with promise. Robinson really liked U17, U18, U21 caps as a bellwether. Don't think GA does to the same degree.

If we stay in the SPFL out of all the players available I'd take RCC but I think he's alerted more radars him after his season. But defenders are our priority and not many covered themselves in glory this year.

Fully expect all our remaining signings to be from down South but Daws does seems to have his feelers in Scandiland. Players released from the English academies seem to be in his wheelhouse too. Slattery is the best footballer at FP I'd say. Hearts did well with Baningime, I was impressed with his contribution outwith his 2 injury spells. These guys tend to be 23/24 and you'd hope coming into their prime.

11 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Both are at the more optimistic/hopeful end of the scale, surely.

There's no doubt he's a top lad, but as a footballer when fit he would probably, at this level, fall into the serviceable department?

At his peak with us his pace and recovery made up for his many defensive deficiencies, but now pushing 30 and with his injury history, there's every chance that's on the wane and could leave him more exposed/vulnerable. 

Good luck to him anyway, one of the good guys and I hope he gets his move and a decent payday, and if he spends 90% of his time on the Pittodrie treatment table, for him it would still be very lucrative and for Aberdeen, well that would just be a wee shame wouldn't it?

Thats a fair assessment. For the most part he's been decent enough for us. 

I think that figure has been plucked out of the sky by some lazy journalist or by some agent trying to do his job. 

If we got half of that reported fee, id be over the moon but can't see it.

15 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

We got £450k for Ben Heneghan, anything is possible.

He at least at age on his side - I always thought he might come on to become a very solid centre half given he was what, 22/23, when he left?. Which is obviously why they paid 450k for him which, in retrospect, was absolutely ideal! 

Bit of a queue to get my haircut today, played about with the Macron creator app, came up with a few (caveat: they don't have a band option in their custom selector so I had to improvise). Picked a home that's a modern homage to the 1952 cup kit and a few others (they change the tone of the shorts for contrast. In the black kit they are black also not dark grey.

512810083_Screenshot2022-06-07at00_12_13.thumb.png.c70e8628d421c01b51832e4cea93c03a.png

424388626_Screenshot2022-06-07at00_12_04.thumb.png.d8ff0f5d3f1982f0504f48350ce8c66c.png

511922261_Screenshot2022-06-07at00_11_53.thumb.png.647485d0977b4051dc59754a8b09da73.png

646850816_Screenshot2022-06-07at00_12_31.thumb.png.f12dfcbfe94f6a396f994cee7ae69f81.png

1501238990_Screenshot2022-06-07at00_12_22.thumb.png.155dbeecd819435bfffd2dda1500b766.pngimage.thumb.png.3cfee8d69361816efd558a0b072ec774.png

Edited by Kapowzer