Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 hours ago, AdamMFC said:

Was speaking to my Livi supporting mate and he said there's talk of them being in for Wright so hopefully they take him so we don't.

That rumour only came about from me talking shite on our thread :D I saw he was out of contract and threw his name out there as a laugh and no one bit. He's too shite to be asking for the wages he will be asking for. 

46 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

That rumour only came about from me talking shite on our thread :D I saw he was out of contract and threw his name out there as a laugh and no one bit. He's too shite to be asking for the wages he will be asking for. 

😂😂 Fair enough. I'll let him know 😂

Not really sure this is anything that we didn't think was the case but nevertheless, some chat from Alexander:

Alexander, whose side head to Austria for a training camp next month, said: “I had a lot of firsts during my first full season. It’s been a big learning curve, with Scottish football and the nuances it can crop up.

“Winning competitive games that early was unusual. There were around 12 players who hadn’t done a pre-season. That sets you up for the rest of the season and it came back to bite us after January, with the fitness levels and injuries we picked up.

“We have a good off-season programme in place and they will get a good amount of rest. We’ll have a good amount of time to get ready for those games.”

He added: “Last pre-season was really difficult for us to recruit. We had to do a lot of that last summer. We were determined to sign the right players and not just the ones we could get really quickly.

“You can sign a whole squad in two days but we didn’t want to just do that. We wouldn’t have had people like Liam Kelly if we’d done that. We had to hold our nerve and wait for Liam to drop.

“It was 100 per cent worth it. This year our recruitment doesn’t need to be as widespread as we have a good nucleus. Our recruitment drive isn’t as big and we have longer before our first competitive game.

“That gives us more confidence. We also hope to have guys back from injury in time for pre-season.”

Link

A lot of nothing quotes with the only titbits being on last pre-season really...not least since it begs questions such as what was rotating like crazy through the group stage (and throwing away the last 16 in Dundee) for if it wasn't to actually implement pre-season alongside it? And was Max Johnstone really so unsuitable for a summer run against part-time teams it was worth buggering SOD for ages?

I don't mean those to be especially critical btw, it's just when there's the odd snippet of actual interesting information in these puff pieces it piques curiosity. 

We won’t be signing Regan Charles Cook

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61732884

Regan Charles-Cook has left Ross County to join Belgian top-flight side KAS Eupen on a three-year deal.

The Grenada forward, 25, was out of contract after two years with County, where he scored 15 goals.

Charles-Cook finished season 2021-22 as the Scottish Premiership's joint top scorer with Celtic's Giorgos Giakoumakis on 13 goals.

He previously had spells with Charlton, Solihull Moors, Woking and Gillingham and has four international caps.

Edited by Alanos
Spelling mistake

Less than a week until we learn our European opponents.

Honestly I hope we get one of the confirmed unseeded teams rather than a Round 1 tie. If we know our opponents then we have over a month to prepare travel and more. If its a 1st round tie then we will only have a week or 2 at best.

Also good news on Bowman. Always nice to see a gentlemen of a player make it through tricky situations like this.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Also good news on Bowman. Always nice to see a gentlemen of a player make it through tricky situations like this.

Max kudos for anyone in C&A that draws blood off a currant as far as I’m concerned.

Feel a bit for SOD, now down to 4th choice and rarely done much wrong in dark blue. Granted for every game he’s played it’s been a back 5. Do feel Ralston offers more, Hickey not so much and Patterson … jury is out.

There is a half and half well top on ebay at the moment, 96-98 season one. Before anyone pays daft money for it, it looks fake. The Motorola sponsor isn't the same felt style as the original, the label on the collar isn't a pony label either. Be wary.

There is also a guy selling a genuine one on depop size large for about 80 quid.

Edited by Neil86

8 hours ago, Neil86 said:

There is a half and half well top on ebay at the moment, 96-98 season one. Before anyone pays daft money for it, it looks fake. The Motorola sponsor isn't the same felt style as the original, the label on the collar isn't a pony label either. Be wary.

There is also a guy selling a genuine one on depop size large for about 80 quid.

There’s a guy on Instagram “retrofcshirts” who is doing one just now. Saw a boomerang of it on his story and it looks pretty good.

1 minute ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

There’s a guy on Instagram “retrofcshirts” who is doing one just now. Saw a boomerang of it on his story and it looks pretty good.

The one on ebay also looks pretty good BTW....its just incase someone ends up paying a fortune for it expecting the real deal.

12 hours ago, ropy said:

Is O’Donnell injured or just squeezed off the bench due to the numbers on the bench?

Squeezed off the bench but also because Ralston, Patterson, and probably even Hickey, are in front of him.