Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

My feelings on players not liking Alexander didn't come from the PCA's, it came from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend etc

Aye, don't get me wrong I'm sure that some players aren't exactly fans.

What I was getting at was specifically about Motherwell Twitter holding up the PCAs as an example of *something*. I'd kind of forgotten how much of a thing had been made about it and in hindsight it looks daft given one of them has now re-signed and a clutch of players signed new deals between then and the end of the season.

The hand wringing around the "but why would Tony Watt, Mark O'Hara and Ricki Lamie leave!?" was just a weird vibe. Like, we didn't have first team players leaving and rejecting new deals on the regular under every other manager?

17 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I always thought it was a group. Like the Onion Bears.

Incidentally, actual adults cutting about, knowingly calling each other "Bears" will never not be funny.

Right up there with the hail, hail chat.

I think all the "losing the dressing room" stuff is typical when you are in the midst of a shite run - and when you were on a run as bad as ours, the spotlight gets shone on everyone and everything and wild rumours start (see: "Alexander is getting sacked at the board meeting later"). 

I don't think this will ever change and it's certainly not confined to our club - so bluntly, if you are a player or manager and you want to avoid all that pish - just win some games now and again. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

A guy said "hail hail" on the Chase last night, immediately wanted the c**t to lose. Grown man about 55

My mate was on the other day.

Did not say hail hail. 

Didny win either, poor lad.

While we're on it as well, I see Kerr McInroy will not be signing for Ayr United and is out of contract with Celtic. If we're looking at guys that could come in and DO A JOB, we should absolutely be having a punt, IMO.

Edited by thisGRAEME

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

My mate was on the other day.

Did not say hail hail. 

Didny win either, poor lad.

While we're on it as well, I see Kerr McInroy will not be signing for Ayr United and is out of contract with Celtic. If we're looking at guys that could come in and DO A JOB, we should absolutely be having a punt, IMO.

I said the very same thing last summer, I wasn't quite aware of his contract situation at the time but was quite impressed in him the few times I watched the Friday night football on BBC Scotland. Would be onboard with this.

Noticed that the club have been doing these wee montages with absolutely zero context.

Anyway, as a point that may or may not be whatever the fitba forum version of as sub-tweet is to some of the comments on Steelmen, Woolery actually played the 5th most minutes of our squad (2,577).

Top 10 below.

332565809_ScreenShot2022-06-01at15_16_15.thumb.png.e343de4b108174d6099ce805a1141133.png

Edited by capt_oats

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Noticed that the club have been doing these wee montages with absolutely zero context.

Anyway, as a point that may or may not be whatever the fitba forum version of as sub-tweet is to some of the comments on Steelmen, Woolery actually played the 5th most minutes of our squad (2,577).

Top 10 below.

332565809_ScreenShot2022-06-01at15_16_15.thumb.png.e343de4b108174d6099ce805a1141133.png

Certainly despite the best efforts of GA in the past few months. Very Slatteryesque his involvement over Efford.

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:
6 in 36 at Morecombe?
2 in 30 at Bristol Rovers?
17 in 30 in the National League South?

Robboball baby!

"He's big, physical and can run in behind."

Just a "can play anywhere across the front 3" away from peak Robboball.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Pitch update. They have done the undersoil heating. Now the layers of grind and stuff for the grass .

Do enjoy seeing these professional updates about a pitch upgrade, while this happens at McDiarmid.