Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, rowsdower said:

I like the last one. Let's get that.

In my boredom I'm trying to think of the worst signing we could make that's entirely feasible. I landed on either Gogic or Drey Wright.

Was speaking to my Livi supporting mate and he said there's talk of them being in for Wright so hopefully they take him so we don't.

19 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

When do 'Well players return to training to prepare for the ECL first leg July 21?

June 25 or around there?

They have an Austrian training camp from 3rd July.  They are likely to have got together the week before that.

49 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Middlesbrough set to sanction exit with Scottish trio in pursuit

Not much but it’s an actual rumour I suppose. Does feel more like the kind of signing I would expect Robbo or Martindale to make right enough. 

A player who hasn't managed to reach double figures in appearances at any club he's been at, across six years of his playing career, leaves me feeling distinctly underwhelmed.

2 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

A player who hasn't managed to reach double figures in appearances at any club he's been at, across six years of his playing career, leaves me feeling distinctly underwhelmed.

Aye, I just had a peek at his stats on Wiki, and if they're accurate I think it'd be our annual punt/waste of a wage on a diddy forward that seems to be part of the clubs constitution, following in the footsteps of recent haddies like The Competition Winner, Seedorf, and Amaluzor.

I'm calling agent fed bullshit on that article, unless it's actually the Bois that have shown an interest following his spell at Walton Casuals.

A brief glimpse of his rather underwhelming stats to save others searching. (It's not happening anyway).

Screenshot_20220607-095259_Chrome.thumb.jpg.360f501a0552f1f143e3f6053ba87595.jpg

2 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Not much but it’s an actual rumour I suppose. Does feel more like the kind of signing I would expect Robbo or Martindale to make right enough. 

As others have said, a quick look at that article and you can imagine that it's exactly the sort of signing we'd have been looking to make 3 or 4 years ago. Peak Robbo-ball.

Being objective about it, including Spittal we currently have a squad of 22 contracted and looking at our main signings ie: the ones on more than 1 year or 6 months (Efford, Tierney, Johansen, Goss, Ojala, Slattery, Kelly, Van Veen, Woolery Shields) few - if any - match the sort of profile of a 24 (soon to be 25) with 31 games in their career.

Even with the signing we have made, Spittal is 26 and a fairly established Premiership player with 328 games to his name.

I've said it before in this thread but with the number of bodies we have in the squad at the moment it doesn't feel like we're in the position to take the sort of punts we would have previously when Robinson was at the club.

I know that beyond the pitch installation it's kind of a period of down-time at the club just now and according to a tweet I saw the other day Alexander's been on a family holiday but something that we've generally done that IMO is quite useful is give a wee season review and outline plans going forward. Alexander did a video for the socials last May talking about recruitment plans and Burrows popped up on the MFC Podcast to discuss things as an overview - for people who were paying attention that sort of thing was useful for perspective and getting their heads round why we were starting LC games with a midfield of Robbie Crawford, Barry Maguire and Dean Cornelius along with a bench full of actual school children.

It'd be quite interesting to hear something similar this summer to get an idea of what sort of direction the management/club is looking at. Who knows maybe @thisGRAEME can get Fowler to book Flow for a Terrace Patreon gig :lol:.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Casagolda said:

He's actually signing for Livi, while simultaneously signing a pre-contract with us for next summer and one with St Mirren for the year after.

Aye, I just had a peek at his stats on Wiki, and if they're accurate I think it'd be our annual punt/waste of a wage on a diddy forward that seems to be part of the clubs constitution, following in the footsteps of recent haddies like The Competition Winner, Seedorf, and Amaluzor.
I'm calling agent fed bullshit on that article, unless it's actually the Bois that have shown an interest following his spell at Walton Casuals.
A brief glimpse of his rather underwhelming stats to save others searching. (It's not happening anyway).
Screenshot_20220607-095259_Chrome.thumb.jpg.360f501a0552f1f143e3f6053ba87595.jpg
4 goals in 6 years? No thanks but I'm sure Stephen Robinson will be desperate to sign him.

Looking at the players we've been linked with so far, spuriously or otherwise. I read the 2022/23 ins & outs discussion thread on Steelmen so you don't have to:

Any more for any more?

Given that in 19/20 we had 6 in the door by 10th June it's fair to say it's a slower pace. 

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Dunno if Flow is on here or just the bold Grant keeping an eye on us, but if he's keen I'll dae it.

The bold Grant's off dahn sarf now. Pearly Kings and Queens, jellied eels innit me ol' china. Basically exactly like a Libertines song.

His LinkedIn's been updated to 'Marketing Lead' at West Ham (which we knew anyway it just wasn't clear precisely when it was official).

I don't know if there's any indication that the role we were advertising has been filled.

But aye, Flow, if you're reading give Graeme a shout like?

Edited by capt_oats