Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I'm sure all of the matchroom fans supporting GGG-Brook will also be supporting Cotto-Gamboa [emoji6]

Made at 150 I was reading?

Possibly in the minority here but weightclasses don't really do anything for me, the belts are meaningless and I want to see boxers I'm interested in fight in interesting fights. This ticks the boxes for me.

Cotto will win of course but I'll watch happily.

So Floyd turns up in Rio, signs Stevenson to his TMT promotion team... Conlan is Stevensons main rival to get into the gold medal fight, Conlan gets robbed by judges that are then sacked for "poor performances". Maybe I'm reading too much into it

Just watched that Conlan fight I think this "robbery" has been vastly over exaggerated.

I thought conlan won the first round fighting at longer range and dictating the pace and distance.

2nd he starts having a scrap and he's hitting a lot of gloves and getting caught a lot.

3rd could go either way. Fair enough id probably have given him the fight on balance but it's hardly the most clear cut robbery ever.

Sounds like the commentators had a story in their heads and just saw what ever reinforced that.