Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:

One judge scored it 115-111 in favour of Josh, who said boxing isn't the most corrupt sport in the world emoji23.png

Don King ... and Josh Taylor. But what form does the corruption take? Who benefits and how is it done? I watched the fight and, clearly, the English guy won so what could possibly explain the decision?   

1 minute ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Don King ... and Josh Taylor. But what form does the corruption take? Who benefits and how is it done? I watched the fight and, clearly, the English guy won so what could possibly explain the decision?   

English guy ain't selling 12k tickets and a shit ton of PPV subscriptions for future fights... all about the £££.

3 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

English guy ain't selling 12k tickets and a shit ton of PPV subscriptions for future fights... all about the £££.

Would an English undisputed world champ not sell out any arena in England and a shit ton of PPV subscriptions?

2 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

One thing's for sure. Everybody in the division will now avoid him like the plague.

He's not box office, has a defensive style that is hard to work out & is way too dangerous.

Just now, PB1994 said:

Would an English undisputed world champ not sell out any arena in England and a shit ton of PPV subscriptions?

As much as he won that fight. His plan was to land first & spoil. That doesn't sell tickets to the casuals.

3 minutes ago, kiddy said:

As much as he won that fight. His plan was to land first & spoil. That doesn't sell tickets to the casuals.

Probably before the fight that'll be true but going by the viral outcry of this Catterall is going to be one of the biggest names in boxing.

An army of new fans and I include myself in that.

If Taylor hadn't been deducted a point, Catterall wouldn't have won on ANY of the score cards!

One would habe been a draw (113-113) & the other two would have been wider! (115-111 & 114-112)

Whilst folk are berating Victor Louglin for "saving Taylor", just let that fact sink in. The other two judges being English.

Edited by kiddy

" userid="81095"] One of the worst decisions I've ever seen in 25 years of watching boxing. Taylor was schooled from the the first round, really lost respect for him after that interview too.
A bad night for boxing in Scotland
And what do you expect him to say, he's been in heat of battle.
Two things are for sure, 1 he lost the fight and 2, its not his fault.
You've lost respect? Minter[emoji1787]

37 minutes ago, kiddy said:

The boxing style might not have sold the tickets but I think him coming up to Glasgow and battering a Scotsman to win all the belts would have got a lot of the casuals throwing cash at tickets for the next fight.

Bad night at the office for Taylor but one poor performance doesn't make him a bad boxer all of a sudden. Caterall can certainly feel hard done by tho, I thought he'd done enough to win and so did majority of the hydro. The point deduction for Taylor kinda finished it off imo. I can see the argument that Caterall didn't come up and put on a bit showy performance, lots of holding and spoiling which might have went against him but Taylor must know he's got away with one there. Terence Crawford would murder him if he put in a display like that 

Just now, Squalor Vic said:

Bad night at the office for Taylor but one poor performance doesn't make him a bad boxer all of a sudden. Caterall can certainly feel hard done by tho, I thought he'd done enough to win and so did majority of the hydro. The point deduction for Taylor kinda finished it off imo. I can see the argument that Caterall didn't come up and put on a bit showy performance, lots of holding and spoiling which might have went against him but Taylor must know he's got away with one there. Terence Crawford would murder him if he put in a display like that 

Don't think Crawford would  spoil in he same fashion, but styles make fights & Crawford/Taylor would be a completely different scenario. 

That's the key.

But who benefits? Ben shalom liked absolutely raging - or was that an act?
Doesn't have the name and reputation in the states. Taylor does. That's where the big fights are now.