Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

I thought Fury would just ride out an easy and wide points victory but that was a peach of a shot. Whyte will just always be vulnerable to uppercuts apparently.

Fury just miles better and probably will retire now unless silly money comes in for the unification fight.

Can see joshua vs usyk being one of they trilogy fights, especially if the first one is a belter, which might make fury think "ah f**k it, its been too long" 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think his size beats the superior smaller guy in Usyk, but I wonder just how up for that Fury is. If AJ was to beat Usyk though, i'd be utterly amazed if Fury didn't look to get him v AJ made. 

Usyk is probably brave enough to try get in close to fury quickly, whyte never tried that tonight and allowed fury's big long arms to dictate the pace, usyk doesnt seem like the guy that would be all defensive from the first round

Cant see joshua beating usyk tbh, 

Was on a night out last night, and despite a few of my friends best attempts and a few messages in WhatsApp groups, I managed to stay clear of the outcome until I got back into the house half an hour ago. Fired YouTube up on the TV and searched ‘Fury Whyte full fight’. First video that appeared was titled ‘FURY STOPS WHYTE IN 6TH ROUND’. 🤦‍♀️ Raging is an understatement. After knowing the result I just watched a quick highlights video of the fight. Didn’t look like I missed much tbf, although the knockout was class. The uppercut looks like it’s almost missed Whyte, but after Fury helps him on his way to the canvas you could tell he was staying hurt. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

27 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Was on a night out last night, and despite a few of my friends best attempts and a few messages in WhatsApp groups, I managed to stay clear of the outcome until I got back into the house half an hour ago. Fired YouTube up on the TV and searched ‘Fury Whyte full fight’. First video that appeared was titled ‘FURY STOPS WHYTE IN 6TH ROUND’. 🤦‍♀️ Raging is an understatement. After knowing the result I just watched a quick highlights video of the fight. Didn’t look like I missed much tbf, although the knockout was class. The uppercut looks like it’s almost missed Whyte, but after Fury helps him on his way to the canvas you could tell he was staying hurt. 

Theres a reverse angle thats the only one that really let's you see how hard he was hit.

Lots of them look like a glancing blow but there's one from behind Whytes right shoulder sort of angle where you see how hard his head jerks back. 

Poor Dillian almost had to pay to get back in 😂

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres a reverse angle thats the only one that really let's you see how hard he was hit.

Lots of them look like a glancing blow but there's one from behind Whytes right shoulder sort of angle where you see how hard his head jerks back. 

Poor Dillian almost had to pay to get back in 😂

Yeah I think I seen that on Twitter. Whyte doesn’t do a great job of holding a strong guard but Fury times the uppercut well, and even though it didn’t land flush, the speed and power was enough to scramble the nervous system, and a little push from Fury was enough to see him down and struggling to get back up. 

Fury set that shot up by using his jab hand as a range finder, and just throwing that hand out into Whytes face without much force was enough to occupy Whyte for a split second, which opened up the space for the uppercut to come through. If Whyte had been smarter he would have been holding one of his arms across his body in a much stronger position instead of having them out infront of him, and even if the uppercut did still come through a lot of the momentum would be lost on Whytes glove/arm. 

It looks like Whyte thought Fury was only throwing that jab out there as a single, and he’s tried to get his arms out into a position to throw a punch back himself, but Fury whips the uppercut in almost instantly. Fury did look the better fighter throughout, but it just shows that making a mistake, even for a fraction of a second, against Fury can see your fight ended with one punch. 

Yeah I think I seen that on Twitter. Whyte doesn’t do a great job of holding a strong guard but Fury times the uppercut well, and even though it didn’t land flush, the speed and power was enough to scramble the nervous system, and a little push from Fury was enough to see him down and struggling to get back up. 

Fury set that shot up by using his jab hand as a range finder, and just throwing that hand out into Whytes face without much force was enough to occupy Whyte for a split second, which opened up the space for the uppercut to come through. If Whyte had been smarter he would have been holding one of his arms across his body in a much stronger position instead of having them out infront of him, and even if the uppercut did still come through a lot of the momentum would be lost on Whytes glove/arm. 

It looks like Whyte thought Fury was only throwing that jab out there as a single, and he’s tried to get his arms out into a position to throw a punch back himself, but Fury whips the uppercut in almost instantly. Fury did look the better fighter throughout, but it just shows that making a mistake, even for a fraction of a second, against Fury can see your fight ended with one punch. 
On your last point, Sugar Hill has to take a lot of the credit for that. Punching power wasn't something you would really credit pre Sugar Hill Fury with despite his size.

Now he is hitting and hurting guys

Heard lots of British pundits saying how easy the Wilder fight was and that Whyte is a much better boxer etc. Whyte’s right hands to the head barely came within 4 ft of landing. 

The risk/reward of a fight with Usyk probably not worth it for Fury. 

The push after the punch was a nice bit of mercy from Fury. He said in one of his interviews post fight that he knew the instant that connected the fight was over.
If he wanted to he could have laid two or three more big ones and really hurt him before Whyte hit the canvas, instead he just pushed him down.
Was clear from the fourth onwards that the KO was there when Fury wanted it. He waited for it and gave the big crowd a couple extra rounds for their money.
It’s hard to imagine a 6’3 guy like Usyk causing 6’9 Fury too much problems, he’s just too short and will be kept at arms length. Whether Tyson can be arsed with it is another matter, he has nothing left to prove and retiring an unbeaten multimillionaire must be very tempting.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's not quite "my costume was too heavy" but it's rather poor all the same emoji23.png

Quite. He also said the ref should have given him more time due to the push but he got the full count, then the benefit of the doubt after that when the ref asked for him to walk to him. Can't say he wasn't given every chance.

Other than that it saved him getting his head jabbed off for another few rounds.

5 hours ago, GiGi said:

Whyte moaning about the push being illegal as if he wasn't on bambi legs after a full 10 count is some serious straw-clutching.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It's not quite "my costume was too heavy" but it's rather poor all the same emoji23.png

4 hours ago, GiGi said:

Quite. He also said the ref should have given him more time due to the push but he got the full count, then the benefit of the doubt after that when the ref asked for him to walk to him. Can't say he wasn't given every chance.

Other than that it saved him getting his head jabbed off for another few rounds.

Whyte beat the count & could/should have been ushered into the corner, with Fury being deducted a point for the push. 

I don't think it would have changed the outcome of the fight as, until caught with the uppercut, he was falling further behind by the round.

Whyte beat the count & could/should have been ushered into the corner, with Fury being deducted a point for the push. 
I don't think it would have changed the outcome of the fight as, until caught with the uppercut, he was falling further behind by the round.
Mental, the gentle nudge is clearly a sign of mercy as he could've gave him another couple of punches to make sure, also Whyte saying he smashed his head on the canvas as a result of the push is utter nonsense which can be seen from the many replays.

19 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Mental, the gentle nudge is clearly a sign of mercy as he could've gave him another couple of punches to make sure, also Whyte saying he smashed his head on the canvas as a result of the push is utter nonsense which can be seen from the many replays.

It was a clear push, a foul, which both fighters had been warned about at the start of the round.

It's not as if he cleaned him out, like Povetkin did.

On 25/04/2022 at 21:27, kiddy said:

It was a clear push, a foul, which both fighters had been warned about at the start of the round.

It's not as if he cleaned him out, like Povetkin did.

Kiddy, I know you do (and always have) hate(d) Fury, but this is genuinely mental stuff you're spouting here. Whyte was completely done, he didn't "beat the count" he managed to get to his feet and then stumbled all over the place. If he hadn't have pushed him, Fury could have landed three shots and put his lights completely out, instead, he gave him the wee shove, which as he was completely out on his feet, was more than enough to put Whyte on his ass, and still give him bambi legs when he did get up. There're no possible other interpretations of the situation, and any other is simply just bad faith.