Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Those fixtures are set up for Dundee. Suppose the SPFL wanted to make it interesting.  Probably would have preferred them last in the hope they were  done and had chucked it. Big game now though.

We’ll play for a draw I expect. Keeping Dundee below us will be the priority, remaining 5 points clear with that game out the way and only 4 fixtures left.  Not saying it’s the right or wrong choice, just what I think Callum will do.

If we have any hopes of hauling in st mirren, they have to not win that first game v Hibs, in which case it could be game on. 

1 hour ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

I must’ve missed this. What’s the terrifying stat please? Apologies if it’s on the thread already but I can’t see it. 

There's a few but the worst one is that only Hendry has managed a shot on target since the Hearts game.

Congratulations pal.
Probably worth binning this post, as fantastic as it is. Don't want to do yourself out of a chance of going back if someone with a brain takes over.

I’m mean it’s now out on other social media branches so it can’t really be swept away now.

Be interesting if anything else is said on the back of this now.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

No posts since Monday?

Has Fermer Davidson taken his shotgun and Random out to the back of the pig shed and put him to sleep, like the disloyal, ageing Collie that he is?

Nothing to debate,m8.

We're all United; the coaching staff need to go. The season is a self inflicted shambles. Nobody has faith the team can be rebuilt. @RandomGuy.is a hero. Davidson is a one trick moron. The journalists that report on Saints are all spineless.

Edited by The Saintee

I know you guys have bigger fish to fry, but would you take Tommy Wright back if offered to you right now. I have heard from multiple sources that he was a bully in the dressing room, regularly humiliating individual players and his assistant. They were apparently terrified to make a mistake. Also heard his personal opinions on some sensitive issues left a lot to be desired. I always thought of him as a rough diamond, but fundamentally ok, but not getting that impression now. His sarcastic ear cupping and applauding of the fans didn’t help either. I can’t quite think how he was so successful with yourselves if this picture is accurate. Any thoughts or stories from your side?

14 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

I know you guys have bigger fish to fry, but would you take Tommy Wright back if offered to you right now. I have heard from multiple sources that he was a bully in the dressing room, regularly humiliating individual players and his assistant. They were apparently terrified to make a mistake. Also heard his personal opinions on some sensitive issues left a lot to be desired. I always thought of him as a rough diamond, but fundamentally ok, but not getting that impression now. His sarcastic ear cupping and applauding of the fans didn’t help either. I can’t quite think how he was so successful with yourselves if this picture is accurate. Any thoughts or stories from your side?

No idea about that stuff but the Tommy Wright ship has well and truly sailed. 

I might be a little bit surprised that he's not got a more caring nature given his personal history but who knows.

Hitler loved animals and Idi Amin was meant to be a good dad.

Did hear that a current high profile first teamer pretty much hated him though.

Edited by The Saintee

Ships sailed, I wouldn’t have him back. No clue who we’d approach if or when Davidson leaves. Heard Rumours Craig is keen to have the job but I suspect we’d maybe go for someone different.

On 12/04/2022 at 12:06, tree house tam said:

Surprisingly quiet from John Oswald and the chief scout since Randoms post. Just a pity Glenrothes Dave wasn't in the conversation either or it could've been 3 birds with the one stone.

Not sure what I’ve missed,but been away enjoying the delights of Amsterdam for a few days🖖

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Ships sailed, I wouldn’t have him back. No clue who we’d approach if or when Davidson leaves. Heard Rumours Craig is keen to have the job but I suspect we’d maybe go for someone different.

A friend of mine mentioned Graeme Jones as a replacement, not so sure myself but if he showed ambition to manage Saints he's probably the type I'd go for. Similar to Davidson but likely to be more attack orientated. I'd have had Mcinnes back but that ship has obviously sailed. 

Not adverse to a total leftfield appointment though.

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

No idea about that stuff but the Tommy Wright ship has well and truly sailed. 

I might be a little bit surprised that he's not got a more caring nature given his personal history but who knows.

Hitler loved animals and Idi Amin was meant to be a good dad.

Did hear that a current high profile first teamer pretty much hated him though.

I think he probably looks at some of the guys that would be about his boys age farting about and gets understandably angry about it, but in an annoyed parent kind if way.

I know that when he went into Killie he was pretty shocked at the wages of some of the guys, the work ethics and attitudes of some senior players. Not surprised at all it didn't work out for him at Killie.

A club like Killie or a Dundee would not suit Tommy at all. But Saints, Livi or County, where he could get stuck right into all aspects of the club would always be perfect for him.

Is he a bully? No, but he is pretty direct. Equally, could I see him having some outdated views or have different views on some sensitive personal issues, absolutely.

Tommy would have been a good manager 20 years ago, 10 years ago and 5 years ago. Would he be good in 5, 10 years, likely not.

When Malky messes up or Martindale's 'workings' catch up, Tommy should be front of the que. 

Still hopeful Davidson turns it around and learns the lessons of this season and gets it right next time out.

It’s been a shite disappointing season and everything has been below standard; the manager, the players, the recruitment. But if we survive then it’s a good opportunity to reflect on mistakes made and not make them again.

Last season remains the greatest achievement by any team in the history of Scottish football, and still buys the manager leeway.

If there’s little improvement by Christmas then it’s time make a decision.

Still hopeful Davidson turns it around and learns the lessons of this season and gets it right next time out.
It’s been a shite disappointing season and everything has been below standard; the manager, the players, the recruitment. But if we survive then it’s a good opportunity to reflect on mistakes made and not make them again.
Last season remains the greatest achievement by any team in the history of Scottish football, and still buys the manager leeway.

As much as I love the optimism I just can't see it happening. I don't think he can change. I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

Having led away to both Galatasaray and LASK, this season has turned into the pits. I'm worried a Charlie Adam inspired Dee catch us as well. That would just cap it all off.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Christmas!? Jesus I’ll be lost to St Johnstone forever by then.