Edinburgh City

City Fanzine for Edinburgh City v Stirling Albion. Saturday 10 December at Meadowbank. Pages 4 and 9.

Gary Jardine and Marc Laird in double celebration for Edinburgh City as both win League 2 Awards for November.

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 4 and 9 Year One Issue  Eleven.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby

Strictly Ballroom

Good for the SPFL to finally announce the Ladbrokes League 2 Awards. I thought Ousman See would have pipped Marc Laird for the top spot. Andrew Stobie had a strong shout too with some excellent performances. All to play for.

opinion-ever-widening-class-divide-is-a-national-disgrace-136402933382803901-151217173457.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby

7 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Portobello isn't south of Edinburgh... there's no beach there!

Portie.JPG

Yes, Portobello is in the East, isn't it? Just another anomaly from the book. Another former Thistle supporter, Richard Webb, mentioned another earlier mistake from a previous episode when Mr Hunter said that the political party in power at the time (1994/5?) was Labour. Richard reckons the Conservatives were in power in 1995 and Labour didn't come in to power until a few years later. I haven't check up on that yet.

20 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yes, Portobello is in the East, isn't it? Just another anomaly from the book. Another former Thistle supporter, Richard Webb, mentioned another earlier mistake from a previous episode when Mr Hunter said that the political party in power at the time (1994/5?) was Labour. Richard reckons the Conservatives were in power in 1995 and Labour didn't come in to power until a few years later. I haven't check up on that yet.

Labour came into power in 1997. I suppose you could say Portobello is south east:P Re the Livi 1st game it was the week before we played them in the "official" opening game with all the local bigwigs we only went and scored a 92nd minute winner:lol:

Labour came to power in 1997 so Richard was right. I remember that name!

I thought it was you who'd referred to Portobello as being south. It's actually north-east as you say but it hasn't been a separate town since about the 1920s. Though I suspect many elderly residents would refer to Edinburgh being a town south of Portobello! Like Leith, they still feel independent from the rest of Edinburgh and when they were absorbed into the city as a whole there were a lot of protests.

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Quality. It's a far cry from the days of the City Ultras lighting flares, tearing-up flags, trashing McDonalds and happy-slapping the Black & White Minstrels...

Yes, we vaguely heard about that episode with the ultras a few years back. Don't know the history, personally, but I'm sure the old motto hangs true, "Once bitten twice shy"

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yes, we vaguely heard about that episode with the ultras a few years back. Don't know the history, personally, but I'm sure the old motto hangs true, "Once bitten twice shy"

"Once bitten, twice shy of Luiz Suarez" is the full motto I believe..

I enjoyed the rendition of "One Step Beyond" today. Ah, City in the Scottish League, it's sheer Madness..