Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

42 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Stop getting Bond Welsh wrong!

Swanney was played by Peter Mullan. Irvine Welsh played the other dealer, Mikey Forrester, who sold Renton his suppositories. He also appears in the sequel, where he seems to have been promoted to become a fence. 

I thought that. One of our finest actors, imho.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've been told by a Mod in the past that they could tell when hes logged in, because every single post with the word "***" in it gets reported.

Presumably it's the first thing he does/did when logging in.

This was last year though so no idea if he still does it.

If this is true - can any other P&B currants please get the silly old cúnt some professional help - or at least organise an intervention of some sort?

6 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

So they set out to make an inferior film?

edit: FFS.

They succeeded to be fair.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

Well a completely different film that is aimed towards people who were big fans of the original and wanted to see how the characters have aged and are fairing in the modern world. It was never going to be like the first one as it was a hard hitting film that focused on 20 somethings during a totally different era, now the characters are mid 40’s and in a completely different phase in their life. It’s not fair to compare the two films in the same you might compare Fast and the Furious 1 and 2.

Other than a small number of amusing bits, my overwhelming feeling after TS2 was that it was a film that just didn’t need and probably shouldn’t have been made.

Edited by 8MileBU

Maribou Stork Nightmares is Irvine Welsh’s best piece of work. Could never be turned into a film though. T2 is absolutely fine as a film, I prefer the first one but it didn’t stop me going to see T2 3/4 times at the cinema.

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

There are videos on Youtube with the director talking about how the scriptwriter couldn't make it work, ripped up the whole thing and started from a fresh perspective. I'll try find them later because if you watch them, you'll start to see where the film T2 actually comes from.  Maybe it'll help some of you appreciate it more. 

Don't go out of your way 

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Just check my posting history.  

I had my first E when I was 16 and my last when 1 was 35 (back in Scotland for New Year).  At least 3 weekend in the month I would have E/coke, everyday I would smoke dope.  Amounts at the weekend would be from 2 to 15 and then add on the jellies/Valium and booze. Never was into speed that much after the all nighters when I was 20.  Coke, I never really got into in a big way. Only took acid about 20 times in total. 

Some good times.

download.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Go find them yourself, I have a cancelled stag do to get pished at home for!

You'll have to be your own stripper  :shutup

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Or my fiance.

You'll have to be your own fiance?

Bit modern, but you're harming nobody. More power to you.

12 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Desperately searching P&B for posts about the ***s to greet about, whilst pished between 1and 2am on a Friday morning. Holy f**k 😂

Sometime you make a baws of it.  I did and owe @roverthemoonan apology as I took his post wrongly.  The rest of my posts on the 'last movie' thread were shite.