Celtic v Rangers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Massive worldwide appeal........

Well it is a bit like a Beyonce/Jay-Z gig up against a Bob Dylan/Eagles gig, we were big in our day but we've been overtaken by less talented but gifted self promoters backed by their PR teams.......and loads of money of course! :whistle

Very poor decision. That is classic police looking after 90 minutes as opposed to the day as a whole.

It encourages drinking about 9am and as people have said given its Hogmanay will just result in people drinking right through.

What could possibly go wrong.

You can see what is going to happen now. After it's all over and the mayhem is being picked over, the talk will be over "why was this game being played on Hogmanay" and "did no one see what might happen". Well here we are in September telling everyone involved, you're not really thinking this through, don't do it.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but is Hogmanay really that much different to a normal Saturday when it comes to the potential for drink-related trouble surrounding this fixture?

Edit: indeed, perhaps Hogmanay is preferable because lunchtime NYD would raise the possibility of people still being drunk from the night before.

I might try and come home, just for the shits and giggles.

Absolute fucking lunacy to consider that game at 12:15 on Hogmanay. If I was still working in a pub in Glasgow I would probably refuse that shift, it will be absolutely wild later on.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but is Hogmanay really that much different to a normal Saturday when it comes to the potential for drink-related trouble surrounding this fixture?

Edit: indeed, perhaps Hogmanay is preferable because lunchtime NYD would raise the possibility of people still being drunk from the night before.

Yes, it is different. I'll wager there'll be more people pished on Hogmanay than a standard saturday in Glasgow.

25 minutes ago, The Master said:

Accident & Emergency wards and the police are more than busy enough on Hogmanay already.

Add some Ice on the pavements and a few red cards and this would be a perfect storm

20 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Wouldn't worry, I have full confidence that once the match officials report is filed and examined, the next potential disgrace will be behind closed doors. :lol:

That makes it worse! You at least can't drink in the stadium :lol:

Archived