Celtic v Rangers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davie, I hate to break it to you but absolutely everyone despises your disgusting, bigoted, cesspit of a football club. It really isn't just restricted to fans of the other arsecheek. 

I understand that Jimmy. Most fans usually do resent the biggest & best club in the land.

Davie how in any way do they represent a suicide. Why would their hands be tied? Why would their mouths be taped over? Why would they be unfurled underneath a banner saying this is war?

Because they are being hung from the neck. Listen, it may be you're right. It may be you're not. I suspect we'll never get the answer & only the idiots responsible can give us those answers. Is the banner supposed to be supportive of the dolls & vice-versa? Or are they just two displays on their own merit being linked together?

Until we get the answers, all we have is our own individual opinions. What we can agree on is it was stupid.

17 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Because they are being hung from the neck.

Do you know of many folk who have managed to hang themselves with their hands tied behind their backs and their mouths bound? That's some fucking feat!

17 hours ago, Richie said:

Strangely, alot of the pubs shut early in Glasgow on Hogmanay and I was out during the afternoon last year and they were empty.
Public transport also shuts down early, so Glasgow itsrlf probably wont be an issue, although the smaller town may be.
Maybe they reckon as its Hogmanay people will do their own thing after?

That might be the idea, hope that given it's Hogmanay folk will start dispersing to their own homes and private parties etc in good time, or be sensible enough to figure out that if they want to see the bells they might want to at least pause the drinking for a couple of hours between two in the afternoon and midnight.

Sadly don't see that happening.  Think this could have the potential to cause real issues especially given you're talking about folk leaving the game and most likely heading to the pub on a day when its a social norm to keep drinking until a couple of hours after midnight.  Aside from the potential for football related disorder the authorities will already be facing the usual stream of Hogmanay drunks and perhaps if there is a cold snap the usual spike in hospital admissions.  It's already been established these games tend to put extra pressure on the emergency services so they've basically just decided to lump an exacerbating factor onto what is probably already one of the 'worst' 24 hours they have to deal with.

A lot of them will want to 'do their own thing' after the game though.  The worry is their own thing might well be kicking lumps out of each other on the basis of a faulty understanding of the relevance of 300-odd years of Irish politics to contemporary Scottish society.

Because they are being hung from the neck. Listen, it may be you're right. It may be you're not. I suspect we'll never get the answer & only the idiots responsible can give us those answers. Is the banner supposed to be supportive of the dolls & vice-versa? Or are they just two displays on their own merit being linked together?

Until we get the answers, all we have is our own individual opinions. What we can agree on is it was stupid.

So what if they're being hung? Near enough every kind of death could be a suicide, well, apart from someone hanging themselves with their hands tied behind their back.

How brutal is this chat by the way. What a thing to be arguing about.

I was on your side to start with, then I looked at it again, admitted I was wrong and way off, don't know why you can't just do the same.

It'll devalue any opinion you have in the future as you're clearly way too biased towards Celtic.

28 minutes ago, Redstarstranraer said:

That might be the idea, hope that given it's Hogmanay folk will start dispersing to their own homes and private parties etc in good time, or be sensible enough to figure out that if they want to see the bells they might want to at least pause the drinking for a couple of hours between two in the afternoon and midnight.

Sadly don't see that happening.  Think this could have the potential to cause real issues especially given you're talking about folk leaving the game and most likely heading to the pub on a day when its a social norm to keep drinking until a couple of hours after midnight.  Aside from the potential for football related disorder the authorities will already be facing the usual stream of Hogmanay drunks and perhaps if there is a cold snap the usual spike in hospital admissions.  It's already been established these games tend to put extra pressure on the emergency services so they've basically just decided to lump an exacerbating factor onto what is probably already one of the 'worst' 24 hours they have to deal with.

A lot of them will want to 'do their own thing' after the game though.  The worry is their own thing might well be kicking lumps out of each other on the basis of a faulty understanding of the relevance of 300-odd years of Irish politics to contemporary Scottish society.

More likely they will keep drinking and then hit the coke when they need to perk up.

35 minutes ago, Redstarstranraer said:

Hopefully we will have the worst winter for over 50 years peaking at around Hogmanay/New Year.

You were the one that said you "snapped" you utter penis. 

So suicide isn't suicide if its financial suicide? :1eye

You are absolutely all over the place as usual. I'm curious though, how did you go from living in Swindon posting on here frequently then not a single post for five years and all of a sudden you're back in Glasgow making thousands of posts?

Its almost like you were in a place where Internet use is forbidden....

I lost interest. I'm starting to remember why.

What happened when you reported it to the steward and the club?

At HT, we asked if we could move to some empty seats behind the goal in the Celtic end. The steward asked why we were in there to begin with. We explained my mates brother-in-law played for St Johnstone & we had comps. We were told we that we had to sit down or leave.

If only they were Celtic stewards I could make sure not a week went past without using the steward & the vile comments from some fans around us from being an excuse to moan on P&B about why I shouldn't go back there.

2 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

At HT, we asked if we could move to some empty seats behind the goal in the Celtic end. The steward asked why we were in there to begin with. We explained my mates brother-in-law played for St Johnstone & we had comps. We were told we that we had to sit down or leave.

If only they were Celtic stewards I could make sure not a week went past without using the steward & the vile comments from some fans around us from being an excuse to moan on P&B about why I shouldn't go back there.

Who was this player?

What were the comments?

So what if they're being hung? Near enough every kind of death could be a suicide, well, apart from someone hanging themselves with their hands tied behind their back.

How brutal is this chat by the way. What a thing to be arguing about.

I was on your side to start with, then I looked at it again, admitted I was wrong and way off, don't know why you can't just do the same.

It'll devalue any opinion you have in the future as you're clearly way too biased towards Celtic.

A Celtic fan biased towards Celtic???

Like I said, I don't condone what they did. I, you & everyone else though do not know for definite why they did it. We all just have our opinions so how can it be wrong without knowing the answers. If the police find them & take them to court then we'll probably get an answer...the only way really. If we find out & I'm wrong then I'll happily admit to it.

Who was this player?

What were the comments?

Can't remember his name exactly. Played in the same team as George O'Boyle. Think it was O'Halloran off the top of my head. Bloke with dark hair.

Started off with yer typical, 'get intae these fucking Weegie b*****ds'. Then moved on to 'break the fucking tarriers leg' during one spell of niggly play in front of us & there was a shout of 'get intae the ****** b*****ds'.

I do have to admit that it was only a couple of idiots in the two rows in front & in general the rest were fine.

Archived