Old Firm Colts in L2

My concern would be them getting into the Lowland League, or lower (EOS/SOS), at all. I can’t see much chance of clubs voting to allow them into League Two but if they keep making a fuss about it clubs might eventually say they can enter the league system so long as they start at the bottom.

If the Old Firm are smart (insert joke here), they should jump at that chance. Even if promotion wasn’t allowed at the start, if they were to start winning the Lowland League on a regular basis they could rightly claim they could hold their own in League Two or above. It would be much more difficult to disagree by that stage.

Clubs can’t simply pass the buck, as per the comments of the Stranraer chairman, and say “Fine, so long as it’s a lower division that ours”. If you let them into the league set up at all they could eventually end up in your division.

Leave the under 20s to play in U20s leagues. If you want them to get first team experience send them out on loan – something the Old Firm hate doing

22 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The discussion from said old firm fans supporting this idea just shows you how out of touch they are with the rest of Scottish football

So wit if we have b teams who is gonnae be bothered the 3 hunner ppl that watch Elgin lol

Unfortunately, I think it's not just the view of sofa-dwelling, phone-in ringing replica shirt wearers affiliated to the arse cheeks: it seems to be the tacit of view of the SFA.

How many watch L1 and L2 every week? 6,000 or so?

They will quite happily saw us off to create more passive "customers" of the bigger clubs. It really will take quite a campaign to stop this I think.

Meanwhile, I wonder where arll the dribbling mouth-breathers who were accusing us of "rank paranoia" in the summer when many rightly predicted that the forcing of Colts into the Challenge cup was a trojan horse for exactly the kind of maneouvre we are seeing now?

Without an organised campaign this will be forced through mercilessly on the basis of, well, zero evidence that it will actually work.

I thought I'd heard it all from the Daily Record but this tops everything. Any time somebody suggests that the Old Firm aren't always right it's put down as "the tail wagging the dog". They say that the Bigot Brothers Colts will learn nothing from playing against the likes of Selkirk and Civil Service Strollers. Utterly patronising.

If David McCarthy was any good then he'd be working on a real newspaper.

Unfortunately, I think it's not just the view of sofa-dwelling, phone-in ringing replica shirt wearers affiliated to the arse cheeks: it seems to be the tacit of view of the SFA.
How many watch L1 and L2 every week? 6,000 or so?
They will quite happily saw us off to create more passive "customers" of the bigger clubs. It really will take quite a campaign to stop this I think.
Meanwhile, I wonder where arll the dribbling mouth-breathers who were accusing us of "rank paranoia" in the summer when many rightly predicted that the forcing of Colts into the Challenge cup was a trojan horse for exactly the kind of maneouvre we are seeing now?
Without an organised campaign this will be forced through mercilessly on the basis of, well, zero evidence that it will actually work.

It can't be forced through though. They need a vote. 11/12 in Prem. Then 75% of lower league 30. Then 75% overall the 42 clubs

5 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

You'll find them in the premiership forum.

I'm sure they'll get riled up about this as it benefits only the OF, not because they'll give a shit about the lower leagues.  These are the same clubs that shat all over the lower leagues when the SPL was created so Regan and cockwomble will find some way of bribing them to play along.

I'd really like it if Clubs against this came out and said so now, even if it's just a small statement on the website/Facebook page. I understand that the decision to put 20s teams in the challenge cup was taken without a full vote, leaving Clubs feeling ignored. Putting out a definitive statement to let the SFA, SPFL, Malky MacKay and everyone else concerned know that we won't stand for this nonsense would mean we can't be ignored.

4 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

I'd really like it if Clubs against this came out and said so now, even if it's just a small statement on the website/Facebook page. I understand that the decision to put 20s teams in the challenge cup was taken without a full vote, leaving Clubs feeling ignored. Putting out a definitive statement to let the SFA, SPFL, Malky MacKay and everyone else concerned know that we won't stand for this nonsense would mean we can't be ignored.

How can clubs reject something when no actual proposal has been made?  All we have are reports that this might be something that is proposed.

20 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

If we really wanted to improve the standard of our youth players in Scotland, we'd invest in producing more high quality coaches, invest in more indoor training facilities and put rules in place to stop the OF hoovering up all the best talents. And for the national team's development we'd encourage as many of our best players as possible to go abroad and learn a different style and a different culture.

There are many problems with youth development in this country and with the game as a whole. OF 'B' teams in league 2 doesn't address any of them.

I'd have given this 5 greenies if possible. 

We're crap because our technique is crap, our weather is crap, our facilities are crap, our mentality is crap, and our media pundits (who average thickos use to inform their opinions) are abysmal. 

Having Celtic U20s playing away to Montrose will not address any of those issues. 

6 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Fair point. Just think if Clubs don't come out and say something it'll be easier to force it upon us.

I'm not holding my breath but the fucknuggets in charge might genuinely come up with a package of measures that might have a chance of improving our game overall and this might be included.  On its own I don't see how it has a chance of doing anything except ensuring the most talented youngsters gravitate towards the OF even more than they do today where most of them will be lost to football as they aren't actually good enough to make it at the OF and will be weeded out way before they reach even the U-20's.

If it's a price to pay for things like improving the current pyramid, creating better facilities, ensuring coaches at school are qualified, more qualified coaches working with youth football clubs and caps on the number of youngsters the larger clubs can hoover up then it might be overall better for the game.

I think we're all dreaming if we think any proposal will be remotely like that though and I'm sure the muppets in charge genuinely think that this one thing will have the OF youth systems churning out international players in no time flat.

Ah that will be the same Donald Findlay everyone and his two dugs from Arbroath thought would vote for Rangers going straight into the Championship, when we ended up voting against it.

Donald Findlays got two dugs in Arbroath?

Makes no sense mate.

Obviously he would've voted against it, the longer Sevco were in the lower leagues the more chances he had to watch his big team play at Central

21 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Ah that will be the same Donald Findlay everyone and his two dugs from Arbroath thought would vote for Rangers going straight into the Championship, when we ended up voting against it.

Andy, it's just another Arbroath fan making a twat of himself on here.