Old Firm Colts in L2

Enjoy your league title party this year, same as all previous years bought with the money of glory hunters.  I'd be embarrassed to support one of the Old Firm.  You'll never ever know the feeling of your local team winning something on merit and team effort not money. 

Excellent! I forgot I don't support my local team and haven't done my whole life and haven't enjoyed our success of late.

It's pure boring being a Celtic fan btw especially from my sofa. Didn't realise you could get soaked and freezing in mid December while sitting on my sofa in my nice warm house

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

TartanTony doing a masterful job of ignoring the fact he's got no evidence to back up the 'fact' that B teams will have us on the way to international tournaments in a jiffy.

If it's a choice of sacrificing club football for international football (which would, remember, still require proof that this will help us emulate Wales and Northern Ireland) then I doubt any sane person would support it. I care very, very little about the national team, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Seen as he hasn't disappeared and is instead having a full scale tantrum hopefully he'll be able to address my question.

Just now, JakeSAFC said:

Nah he wont address it and he'll deny ever saying it.

I'm genuinely not sure if he's extremely thick, an alias of a Rangers fan or just a 14 year old.

Bring back Bebo if he's the latter. It was full of guys like him.

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Oh, and given Celtic vote for their own self interest ahead of Scottish football, as they're spot on for doing btw, then spare us the "THEY'RE HAUDING US BACK" tripe. You care as much about Scottish football as they do.

Give them colt teams in the league if they change the 11-1 voting system.  We could then vote the OF out of the league and see how much we're holding them back when no league wants them.

Seen as he hasn't disappeared and is instead having a full scale tantrum hopefully he'll be able to address my question.

What was your question and I'll answer it. There is no tantrum btw I'm absolutely delighted at this as it proves exactly what I was getting at yesterday. I'm not away because I get keep notifications telling me I've been quoted so I have a look to see what it is and I can then decide if it's worth replying to.

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

What was your question and I'll answer it. There is no tantrum btw I'm absolutely delighted at this as it proves exactly what I was getting at yesterday. I'm not away because I get keep notifications telling me I've been quoted so I have a look to see what it is and I can then decide if it's worth replying to.

You said that "Colt teams work in other countries" - have you got proof that it works? I hear that phrase trotted out all the time without people showing why it will have a positive impact over here. They don't use colt teams in Wales, NIreland or the Republic - countries more similar to us than anyone else.

You said that "Colt teams work in other countries" - have you got proof that it works? I hear that phrase trotted out all the time without people showing why it will have a positive impact over here. They don't use colt teams in Wales, NIreland or the Republic - countries more similar to us than anyone else.

I'm sorry but Wales and the Irelands are nothing like us. Our league is far better supported and wealthier than theirs. In fact our league is one of the best supported leagues in Europe so comparing us to Wales and Ireland is just daft. Scottish football is absolutely fine as it is and people need to stop trying to change things just for the fun of it.

As for your question about colt clubs, it works well in Portugal, a Country I see as very similar to our own in football terms as I explained previously. It also works in Spain and Germany although not really comparable to our league.

I am not in support of Colt clubs in the current league system even if they include Celtic, they do not benefit anybody from what I can see. However, I am not going to get into a seething mess if it goes ahead as i believe it works in other countries and might work here.

Just now, Tartantony said:

I'm sorry but Wales and the Irelands are nothing like us. Our league is far better supported and wealthier than theirs. In fact our league is one of the best supported leagues in Europe so comparing us to Wales and Ireland is just daft. Scottish football is absolutely fine as it is and people need to stop trying to change things just for the fun of it.

As for your question about colt clubs, it works well in Portugal, a Country I see as very similar to our own in football terms as I explained previously. It also works in Spain and Germany although not really comparable to our league.

I am not in support of Colt clubs in the current league system even if they include Celtic, they do not benefit anybody from what I can see. However, I am not going to get into a seething mess if it goes ahead as i believe it works in other countries and might work here.

I'm meaning more in terms of population and quality of players we have available. Look at that Northern Ireland squad for example, very few of them would get in the Scotland team - what are they doing differently to get better results?

Are we similar to Portugal? I mean really. Their league has 4 'very big' teams (Sporting, Braga, Benfica and Porto), and benefits hugely from Brazilian players moving over to the country - and then gaining citizenship. Their second tier also has some pathetically small teams, with equally as pathetic crowds of just over 100 - no senior club in Scotland has crowds that low.

I'm glad that you can see that the fact that 'it works in Spain and Germany' is totally irrelevant, but given that Portugal have (one of) the World's best players of all time in their ranks I'd say that's more of a reason behind their recent success.

We need to look at these country's youth system from the ground up: Preferably what coaching methods they use, what facilities they have available and then make that work here. 'B teams would only result in the Old Firm getting richer, as the lower leagues got poorer.

I'm meaning more in terms of population and quality of players we have available. Look at that Northern Ireland squad for example, very few of them would get in the Scotland team - what are they doing differently to get better results?
Are we similar to Portugal? I mean really. Their league has 4 'very big' teams (Sporting, Braga, Benfica and Porto), and benefits hugely from Brazilian players moving over to the country - and then gaining citizenship. Their second tier also has some pathetically small teams, with equally as pathetic crowds of just over 100 - no senior club in Scotland has crowds that low.
I'm glad that you can see that the fact that 'it works in Spain and Germany' is totally irrelevant, but given that Portugal have (one of) the World's best players of all time in their ranks I'd say that's more of a reason behind their recent success.
We need to look at these country's youth system from the ground up: Preferably what coaching methods they use, what facilities they have available and then make that work here. 'B teams would only result in the Old Firm getting richer, as the lower leagues got poorer.

I agree with your coaching point 100%. The B teams thing as I said will not work in the current system and probably would result in the OF getting richer and the lower leagues getting poorer. However, and this is part of what I was trying to prove above, no one knows what the proposal would look like yet. It may well be that there are 5 Colt teams and a financial package on offer to the lower league teams, we simply do not know. You lot just jumping to the conclusion that this is purely to benefit the OF and getting annoyed about it only highlights your hatred of the OF.

I came on here and on purpose posted that first post to prove what I was saying yesterday. An OF fan on here no matter how much they have proven they are objective and care more about Scottish football than their own club will ever be given a chance to make a point.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love every single thing about Scottish football and defend it vigorously against Scottish people who watch the EPL and tell me Scottish football is shite. I also frequently go to certain lower league games and junior games while having a season ticket at Celtic Park as I've said before on here.

Despite a lot of people on here knowing there things about me it immediately went down the road of he's an OF fan he's a roaster etc. People got personal very quickly and the mob descended. You all think of ALL OF fans as being the same person and it's driven by pure hatred of the two clubs. It leads to our fans getting banned on here all the time because they get backed into corners and then lash out.

4 hours ago, Tartantony said:

What is utterly ridiculous is that League 1 and League 2 clubs have almost a 50% say in what happens to Scottish Football as a whole.

It's beautiful how seething this makes you, heads gone all over an "irrelevant forum". Please continue with your tantrum it's only going to make it all the more glorious when the clubs vote it down. 

Where did I say that exactly?

Stop acting like a diddy and forget about me being an OF fan. My opinion has nothing to do with me being a Celtic fan its based on what's best for Scottish football in the future. And 20 diddy clubs like yours are a waste of space, get them to f**k into a regional set up where they belong

:thumsup2

Remember when one of these clubs you brand as a waste of space sent Celtic out the Scottish cup on Roy Keane's debut? Glorious!

Why exactly would other premiership teams support this move either? Would hearts/killie etc really want to see the OF sign an even higher quantity of their most promising young players to play in a b-team in League 2?

Can't see how that helps the player development or anyone other than the old firm.

If there is not an 11-1 vote in favour from premier league sides will you then bleat on about how unfair it is Hamilton's vote counts the same as yours because they only have 1000 fans?

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

You're still not getting it are you?

You came into this forum crying that we all support diddy teams and that we have too much say in how Scottish football is run, then when you got shown up you moaned like the grief junkie you are that OF fans have it so tough on here. If a Hearts/Aberdeen fan posted the same as you then they'do get the exact same reaction.