Old Firm Colts in L2

On 18/12/2016 at 20:52, Cowden Cowboy said:

You wouldn't think anyone would need it spelled out! How would big clubs persuade small clubs to vote in favour - by dangling a cash carrot. Thus as part of any reorganisation clubs in lower league (or lowland league if necessary) get £20k to £30k more in the annual cash distribution.

Last time they tried to push something through they just said.  If you don't vote for it we will set up a new breakaway league and exclude you.  

6 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes and what happened next would be a lesson learned.

Definately.   Stand firm on refusing to accept something shite and they back down eventually. 

12 - 12 - 18 :lol:

6 hours ago, Tartantony said:

You know what happens when you generalise Celtic fans? You know what happens when you call us victims?! Well do you?

YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!

Celtic fans only have one shoe.

ETA You're victims.

Edited by Loonytoons
I was remiss in calling them victims

11 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Not surprised to see all the diddies are against this idea. Colt teams work in other Countries and its certainly worth giving it a try.

What is utterly ridiculous is that League 1 and League 2 clubs have almost a 50% say in what happens to Scottish Football as a whole.

If my understanding is correct the minimum votes to pass a special resolution would be as follows;

11 Premiership (>90%)

6 Championship (>75% of Prem/Cham)

15 League 1/ League 2 (>75% of ALL)

No special resolution can be passed if 11 of these 20 nothing clubs don't vote for it and in worst case scenario it would only take 6 of these 20 clubs to stop something from changing.

Get rid of most of these jobbers and go to a 32 team set up with 5 colt teams and we might start getting somewhere.

Minter for you then eh? Shove yer colt teams up yer arse.

Edited by Gordon EF

Until we improve the quality of the youth coaching and increase the numbers of these higher quality youth coaches we're just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

OF Colt teams wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.

15 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

Hi there, Can I ask have you had anyone come back with direct feedback upon emailing/ speaking with their clubs? It's clear the vast majority of non Old Firm fans don't want this. 

I've emailed St Mirren and waiting on a response.  As a club chasing fan ownership, I feel they would very likely canvas members and would vote against it (hope this will be the same for Motherwell and Hearts)  I would cancel my membership and not renew my season ticket next season if they didn't 

Apparently the question was asked at our AGM and the club said they couldn't give an official response but Gordon Scott (our chairman) is personally not a fan of the idea. (Not had that confirmed however) 

Well, I have to say that Falkirk FC have been really good in responding to my email. First of all, I got an email confirming receipt of my email from Kieran Koszary the Commercial Director advising that Doug Henderson the Chairman would be replying directly.

24 hours later I got an email from Doug Henderson acknowledging my concerns but without any damning condemnation of the SFA re: Malky Mackay and Celtic and Sevco Colts. Still, my worries were noted and if enough of us do write to our clubs then perhaps our thoughts will be taken into consideration when it comes the time to vote on allowing the Colt sides into the SPFL.

Again, respect to Doug Henderson and Falkirk FC.

Re: Malky Mackay, I think that we have been well and truly “Malkied” by the SFA. First of all, they announce Mackay’s appointment and the majority of posters on P & B are up in arms.  48 hours later, they make the announcement re Sevco and Celtic Colts coming into the SPFL. We take our eye of the Malky Mackay situation and concentrate on the Colts. As far as the SFA are concerned, they’ve had a result.

Various Colts threads, 25 pages, last contribution an hour ago.

Malky Mackay thread, 9 pages, last contribution on Wednesday

I’ll post this on both threads in the hope of re-igniting the Malky Mackay thread.

That's the key word here "apparently". No one knows yet which clubs may be included in a proposal. We went from one extreme in the SPL where the OF had all the power due to the 11/1 voting structure to the complete other where the bigger clubs can now be out voted by 20 clubs who's fan base is less than the average attendance of Dundee. These 20 clubs make up about 5% max of the Scottish football fan base yet have almost half of the power, that is ridiculous whether you like it or not. There can be a happy medium which would take away the OF holding everyone to ransom and the current system which hampers the top 22 teams.  
There is no reason why the "diddy" clubs cannot still serve their communities while playing in a regional league as part of a better overall pyramid structure. Nothing would change in that regard.
As for the last bit, I have no interest in going to England or an Atlantic League. I've already said my opinion is not based in being a Celtic fan, its based on being a fan of Scottish football.

Half my family are weegie Celtic fans so it's not about that.

You're being a complete idiot regardless of who you support? What 20 clubs averages add up to less than Dundees?

Not surprised to see all the diddies are against this idea. Colt teams work in other Countries and its certainly worth giving it a try.
What is utterly ridiculous is that League 1 and League 2 clubs have almost a 50% say in what happens to Scottish Football as a whole.
If my understanding is correct the minimum votes to pass a special resolution would be as follows;
11 Premiership (>90%)
6 Championship (>75% of Prem/Cham)
15 League 1/ League 2 (>75% of ALL)
No special resolution can be passed if 11 of these 20 nothing clubs don't vote for it and in worst case scenario it would only take 6 of these 20 clubs to stop something from changing.
Get rid of most of these jobbers and go to a 32 team set up with 5 colt teams and we might start getting somewhere.

Just cause you play in a non competitive Micky mouse league doesn't mean you manky scummy c***s and the other half get the final say on the while game. Leave our leagues alone and f**k off to England and fail GIRFUY

18 hours ago, Tartantony said:

The reason I came here was to prove my point on the Dundee thread yesterday. The mob attack and literally put words in your mouth that you have never said in their utter rage and hatred of all things OF.

"trollin', trollin', trollin', trollin',

trollin', trollin', trollin', trollin',

Diddieees

Keep trollin', trollin', trollin',

Though the bandwith's swollen.

Keeps them diddies beelin',

Diddieees

18 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Well, I have to say that Falkirk FC have been really good in responding to my email. First of all, I got an email confirming receipt of my email from Kieran Koszary the Commercial Director advising that Doug Henderson the Chairman would be replying directly.
24 hours later I got an email from Doug Henderson acknowledging my concerns but without any damning condemnation of the SFA re: Malky Mackay and Celtic and Sevco Colts. Still, my worries were noted and if enough of us do write to our clubs then perhaps our thoughts will be taken into consideration when it comes the time to vote on allowing the Colt sides into the SPFL.
Again, respect to Doug Henderson and Falkirk FC.
Re: Malky Mackay, I think that we have been well and truly “Malkied” by the SFA. First of all, they announce Mackay’s appointment and the majority of posters on P & B are up in arms.  48 hours later, they make the announcement re Sevco and Celtic Colts coming into the SPFL. We take our eye of the Malky Mackay situation and concentrate on the Colts. As far as the SFA are concerned, they’ve had a result.
Various Colts threads, 25 pages, last contribution an hour ago.
Malky Mackay thread, 9 pages, last contribution on Wednesday

I’ll post this on both threads in the hope of re-igniting the Malky Mackay thread.

Perfect thank you, I'd be very interested to hear from Motherwell and Hearts as fan backed clubs that can blow the 11-1 right out the water. Still no word back from St Mirren but if there is I'll let you know

In all the talk about Celtic's youth squad playing in League Two, nobody has asked why the hell we should be helping to develop the next generation of Republic of Ireland players at all!

Tbf atleast they're a proper country

I think the better question is why should our level have to put up with this shite so we may or may not have some better players for the 4 international games we play a year

International football is in the grand scheme of things insignificant, club football is the week to week stuff we all couldn't live without, not internationals

21 hours ago, Tartantony said:

And another OF hater putting words in my mouth.

City Dave do you see what I was referring to now? I get that you came here to point out my disrespect but are you actually reading some of these?

This is just perfect guys

I have no sympathy for you, you act like an arse so you get treated like an arse, well done on proving that.

Your first post yesterday set the tone of disrespect and contempt you have for the smaller clubs. Calling us diddies was the start of it, nothing wrong with the word diddy but what you did there was separate yourself as a non diddy team supporter from everyone else, therefore you made it quite clear you were an OF fan so you brought that up with the context you used the word diddy and then you also generalised the so called diddys with the against the colt team comment. So this was just asking for your club to be brought into it. No problem with what you said after that, they were debatable comments, that until you called the lower league teams jobbers and suggested that 10 of them are removed, probably another 5 more as well to be replaced by 5 colt teams, .....that was disrespectful.

Although you had the chance to debate some of the points you brought up, you ruined it with the context of that post and the following ones, not that you failed to back up any of your points with reason but with the contempt you showed to the smaller team supporters. Turning round and then telling us you were trolling to prove a what is seen as a complete non point only cements the utter contempt you have for supporters of lower league football.

On the subject of OF fans being picked on refer to my first sentence on this post, there are supporters of both Rangers and Celtic on here who don't act as you do and are not 'picked on', there are fans of other clubs who are complete weapons and do get attention because of the shite they come out with.

If you want to read how much of an impression you have made on L2, lets put it this way, there are Rangers fans on here including Tedi, No.8 and Bennett who showed more respect to the clubs in the lower two leagues and their supporters than you did yesterday.

Edited by CityDave