Blast From The Past!

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

RIP Goldbergs...a well-loved shop.  Of the same ilk...I like whenever @stepek 4 tellysposts.

Do Glens, Hutchisons and Robertsons post as well?

Remember going to Goldbergs quite often. Usually got parked in that little car park every time! Think the shop fell victim to those new fangled shopping centres like Cameron Toll that were starting to become the new go to places.

4 hours ago, supermik said:

Do Glens, Hutchisons and Robertsons post as well?

Remember going to Goldbergs quite often. Usually got parked in that little car park every time! Think the shop fell victim to those new fangled shopping centres like Cameron Toll that were starting to become the new go to places.

I remember it as a boy, but I'm sure it was in Tollcross. 

Yes, was in Tollcross but Cameron Toll with its big easy parking took a lot of shoppers from the middle of Edinburgh and that started the downfall of places like Goldies. [emoji14]

I remember the shops well. Glenies hutchies Robbies and Stepekies.

Another one I found like this was from Reform Street in Dunfermline (early 1960s).  Having lived in that part of the world previously, I thought "where the **** is Reform St?", kicking off a fruitless search.  Then I eventually found it under a new name, shown below at the junction with Pilmuir St.  The pub on the right in both images (just visible in the older one) is Coady's Bar.  

Also, I know buses are generally quite slow, but Stagecoach Fife is just taking the piss here:

58c94f3166912_ReformSt.JPG.1acc9fd74424f262310a902e58d32b87.JPG  

Another view down that same section of street (looking east from Pilmuir St), with an opera house where the arse end of the Kingsgate centre is now:

OperaHouseAudience.jpg 

... and had the photographer stood 50m back the way and turned to his right:

Hollywood%20Boulevard%20Frontage%20colour.jpg

Now all shiny as Velocity (Ballroom before that).

Edited by Hedgecutter

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 21:36, tongue_tied_danny said:

The Hitachi 3d Super Woofer was the coolest ghetto blaster of all time..

ev0ubc.jpg

I'll see your 3D Super Woofer and raise you a 3D Super Woofer Twin Drive

I'm staying in a holiday cottage while working on Tiree and this beauty is in my room.

WP_20170315_17_33_45_Pro.jpg

56 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I'll see your 3D Super Woofer and raise you a 3D Super Woofer Twin Drive

I'm staying in a holiday cottage while working on Tiree and this beauty is in my room.

I thought I was the only poor bugger that got sent to Tiree for work. God speed, brave soul.

38 minutes ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

I thought I was the only poor bugger that got sent to Tiree for work. God speed, brave soul.

The experience is very much weather-dependent. Bit of a sore one having to leave for the ferry at 3:30am too.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Given the marks on it I'd assume it's going ok with the locals or you're not in the decorating business.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Given the marks on it I'd assume it's going ok with the locals or you're not in the decorating business.

More chance of that if there were any women on the island. Think there must be some kind of Logan's Run thing going on with them.

50 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The experience is very much weather-dependent. Bit of a sore one having to leave for the ferry at 3:30am too.

Yeah, we're about 4am to get to Oban on time. And there's no night life at all which is usually the one bonus of working away.

8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Another one I found like this was from Reform Street in Dunfermline (early 1960s).  Having lived in that part of the world previously, I thought "where the **** is Reform St?", kicking off a fruitless search.  Then I eventually found it under a new name, shown below at the junction with Pilmuir St.  The pub on the right in both images (just visible in the older one) is Coady's Bar.  

Also, I know buses are generally quite slow, but Stagecoach Fife is just taking the piss here:

58c94f3166912_ReformSt.JPG.1acc9fd74424f262310a902e58d32b87.JPG  

Another view down that same section of street (looking east from Pilmuir St), with an opera house where the arse end of the Kingsgate centre is now:

OperaHouseAudience.jpg 

... and had the photographer stood 50m back the way and turned to his right:

Hollywood%20Boulevard%20Frontage%20colour.jpg

Now all shiny as Velocity (Ballroom before that).

Dunfermline could've been so much nicer, they ripped the heart out of it and knocked down large parts for no reason. Originally the plan was to have a road between the public park and the glen but they built a fucking dual carriageway through the middle of it.

The town centre is a total mess. Quite sad really.