Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

58 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope the police make a statement soon.  I’d really like to know what they think he’s done.  I’d also like to know what they were digging for.

If he’s done nothing wrong I’d imagine he and his lawyers would want transparency too.

I read somewhere yesterday that they were not digging for anything.

Those dafties with drones spotted John Q Law taking spades etc out the garden shed (as they were looking in it), put 2 and 2 together and came up with Brookside Close...........

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just a correction to your claim that he was found not guilty on all criminal charges.

Not Proven is an acquittal in Scots Law. 

he was acquitted on all charges yet many of you still have him as guilty. 

you had him as guilty. Before, during and after.

looking forward to the cries of “innocent until proven guilty” with regard to Murrell and his cohorts. 

Just now, bennett said:

Don't they have fitness levels for the polis,  even I could run away from that policewoman at the front. 

Guess who is doing the run to Greggs for Steak bakes..... "Run" might be stretching it though.

55 minutes ago, bennett said:

Don't they have fitness levels for the polis,  even I could run away from that policewoman at the front. 

Fitness standards are laughably low for the Polis these days. 5.4 on the bleep test is the minimum standard, which is a slow jog. 
Think after your probation too there’s no further fitness tests unless joining a unit that requires it e.g Firearms. 

On 05/04/2023 at 22:28, Leith Green said:

Salmond was acquitted because of staggering levels of incompetence in the crown office.

The suggestion that he was in some way the innocent victim (when there were about 12 complainants who put their careers on the line) is ludicrous in the extreme.

12 complainants and not a single guilty verdict.  That doesn't point to incompetence.

On 06/04/2023 at 12:22, Granny Danger said:

You are not meant to insult other users on this forum, insulting politicians is acceptable.

You were a politician, so fair game.

On 05/04/2023 at 16:58, Stephen Malkmus said:

Can't believe they buried Falkirk's Scottish Cup semi-final hopes in their back garden

It would need to be a much bigger hole. We're absolutely massive. 

Sunday Mail today reveals that NS tried to shut down any discussion of party finances at a recorded meeting of party executives in August 2021, stating that 

We don't need to talk about the finances. The finances are absolutely fine. 

So which of the following versions of events is true?

1) Sturgeon knowingly misled the party about the Ted Crilly activities of her catastrophically bald husband.

2) Sturgeon was being misled by her catastrophically bald husband - which raises far greater questions about her judgment btw.  

3) Mr Murrell and Mrs Sturgeon never discussed anything about their day jobs to each other, despite being the two leading executive figures of the same party, and devoting the bulk of their professional careers to the political cause that party was created to bring about. That Chinese wall was kept secure throughout their joint tenure at the top. 

If you chose option 3), then please await a visit from the wallet inspector and a thank you note from our current First Minister for voting him into an already broken spell in office.