"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

3 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Can’t wait to finish 7th in this league

You're not missing much tbf, isn't all it's cracked up to be ... speaking from recent experience, sadly.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I didn't really follow much of the concerts fiasco, but am I right in thinking that if Caley had hired an experienced events company to run it, and the club had just taken a share of the ticket money like most venues, it's possible that nobody would have been shafted and Caley might have been quids in?

Ross is no doubt a successful businessman but it might not have qualified him and Scot to reinvent themselves overnight into musical impresarios and gig organisers. The talent and their managers doubtless did well out of it.

https://ictfc.com/ict-concert-co-launched-with-global-superstar/

I can help with this. 

I cannot remember the setting but it was likely an agm when the concert company concept was launched. 

Scot Gardiner, who claimed event organising (I hesitate to use the word promoter) was his core area of expertise, announced that he would cut out the middle man and for a little bit of risk, would deliver a fortune to the club's coffers. 

The risk, of course, turned out to be more significant than the incoming cash. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm guessing Big Dunc is staying then? 

He's on a 3 year contract, they're still paying Billy Dodds as well. I'm beginning to suspect that holding scores of company directorships isn't necessarily a sign of a canny businessman.

Edited by welshbairn

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think Morrison pretty much admitted, on the podcast, that we can’t afford to sack him. Which is lovely.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I didn't really follow much of the concerts fiasco, but am I right in thinking that if Caley had hired an experienced events company to run it, and the club had just taken a share of the ticket money like most venues, it's possible that nobody would have been shafted and Caley might have been quids in?

Ross is no doubt a successful businessman but it might not have qualified him and Scot to reinvent themselves overnight into musical impresarios and gig organisers. The talent and their managers doubtless did well out of it.

https://ictfc.com/ict-concert-co-launched-with-global-superstar/

I do event and gig work on the side. They put a lot of noses out of joint by not using local companies and I heard of at least three boys who were chasing thier pay for a while. 

14 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I think Morrison pretty much admitted, on the podcast, that we can’t afford to sack him. Which is lovely.

Shite for Caley, good news for everyone else hopefully. 

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hopefully avoiding his third relegation on the bounce, yet tied into a three year contract...

He has taken a pay cut in fairness though, although he'd have had a brass neck not to.

31 minutes ago, DonnieMurdo said:

Hopefully avoiding his third relegation on the bounce, yet tied into a three year contract...

He has taken a pay cut in fairness though, although he'd have had a brass neck not to.

Never realised that. Fair play to him on that front if it wasn't in his contract to do it. I certainly wouldn't take a voluntary pay cut. 

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Never realised that. Fair play to him on that front if it wasn't in his contract to do it. I certainly wouldn't take a voluntary pay cut. 

But you probably don't have a managerial CV that reads like a funeral Order of Service.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

If he gets sacked he gets the full original amount owed to him. So if for example he is taking £1k less per week then that would all be paid back to him with his compensation when he is sacked.

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Tbf, don't envy the guy that gets to tell him he's sacked ... probably need to warn A&E at Raigmore in advance ...

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

If he gets sacked he gets the full original amount owed to him. So if for example he is taking £1k less per week then that would all be paid back to him with his compensation when he is sacked.

Unless they continue this keep ex managers on the payroll thingy going cause they can't afford to pay in full what is owed.

Richie Foran seemed to be on gardening leave forever.

44 minutes ago, RJD said:

let us get real

1. We dont need a £3k per week manager. All the fans in the latter stages of the season were singing "you don"t know what your doing". Bring in Wrren and Foran and put Charlie in as Football Operations Director.

2. Incompetence in agreeing contract cost us a fortune in paying a Sporting Director for "zilch" for 2 years whilst he had a 2nd job with the BBC. Whilst still cutting about the city in his expensive Range Rover Sport.

3. The concert company myth was thought up be a man with alcohol problems.

4. The farm was a ridiculous idea (dreamt up by a man with an alcohol problem) which would have taken at least 15 years to make a return on investment.

5. Why do we pay £100k for a clown who took his 2 previous cubs to the brink and FORGOT to order seats for the new Tynecastle stand?

6. Do not Iin future allow anyone to use borrowed money to finance it against our clubs assets. Dont invest money you can't afford to lose (Ross).

Plea to Alan Savage and Dougie McG - PLEASE COME BACK

Bring in Foran? Sit the f**k down you clown.

6 minutes ago, RJD said:

I go abroad tomorrow so please reply tonight.Your £100k and my £100k go straight to the youth development structure.  No loans (we have learned from Ross not to put money in that you cannot afford)

Straight deal and our lawyers can agree in the morning. I require proof of your finances though. No loans.

Tell me on a Sunday.

1 hour ago, RJD said:

Mike Edwards is a second rate journalist and tried to lecture us on use of commas and punctuation yesterday.

I think he is a blowhard and a blatant stranger to the truth.  He at no time offered the club £475k Loser journalist trying to get into the limelight.

Here is the deal Mike - show me your bank account and I will show you mine. Put £100k into the club this week (and prove it is your money) and I will get some loose change and match it.

Are you up for it?

Apologies if us fans do not meet you grammar and punctuation standards (sorry forgot to use a full stop.

Or spelling...