"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

3 hours ago, Buzz Killington said:

Screenshot_20241004-0853482.png.d716e4e194fa8cfa45f0e0aa3b13803f.png

Perfect.

Do they have anything to do with any of the directors who are desperately looking for their investment back before admin happens?

Or are they just frighteningly gullible believing this go-fund-me was set up with good intentions and the money will actually go towards saving the club? 

Edited by Spyro

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

12 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You have to wonder if it would have turned out any worse if they had just stuck with Billy Dodds. I’m thinking he would have been a better bet.

Dodds had 1 point from the first 6 games last season(I think), he’d long ran out of ideas and signed utter dross. 

We’d have been battling with Arbroath for the automatic relegation spot if he’d stayed much longer 

I won't pretend to know contract law. But if he's being paid £0 (is that even legal?), as bad a state Caley are in the now, surely they could buy out a £0 contract and get him tae f**k? 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I won't pretend to know contract law. But if he's being paid £0 (is that even legal?), as bad a state Caley are in the now, surely they could buy out a £0 contract and get him tae f**k? 

He'll have deferred it. If they go into admin he'll be a creditor.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

His contract won't be £0.  The board have probably gone to him and said "we can't afford to pay you" and he can either walk away or stick it out for free.  Either we get bought over and he'll get paid again (if it's a mad billionaire they might give him backpay) or we go into admin and he joins the queue - the front of the queue as he's a football creditor, if I've understood it correctly.  At the moment, he isn't likely to get another managerial job so he'll stay as long as we'll have him I guess.

I'm honestly done with it all.  The club seems to have got under so much that's it's impossible to get out.

Both Gardiner and Ferguson will be done in football after this you'd imagine.  Gardiner for sure and Ferguson in any first team managerial roles.

36 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Dodds had 1 point from the first 6 games last season(I think), he’d long ran out of ideas and signed utter dross. 

We’d have been battling with Arbroath for the automatic relegation spot if he’d stayed much longer 

Yes, which would have been MUCH worse than what you ended up doing which was battling it out for the automatic relegation spot with Arbroath, a battle you ultimately won to absolutely no avail as you dropped pretty meekly down through the playoff anyway but were apparently £200k worse off (plus assistants and player changes that no doubt followed a manager change) as a side benefit.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, which would have been MUCH worse than what you ended up doing which was battling it out for the automatic relegation spot with Arbroath, a battle you ultimately won to absolutely no avail as you dropped pretty meekly down through the playoff anyway but were apparently £200k worse off (plus assistants and player changes that no doubt followed a manager change) as a side benefit.

We finished 19 points ahead of Arbroath, if that’s your idea of “battling it out” then fair enough. 

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

His contract won't have been amended. He said himself in the interview that he "couldn't go without wages forever as he's still got bills to pay" (a comment that should probably be taken with a pinch of salt given the money Duncan Ferguson will have earned in his career.

He's either waiving it for now as a gesture but could demand it be reinstated to full wage any time he chooses or he's more likely simply deferring it while they can't afford it and remains owed it down the line. Either way it won't be any cheaper to sack him now than it was in the summer.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Both Gardiner and Ferguson will be done in football after this you'd imagine.  Gardiner for sure and Ferguson in any first team managerial roles.

Gardiner will be untouchable in Scottish football certainly you'd imagine. Ferguson likely has enough reputation and credit in the bank from his stints as Everton assistant and caretaker to get back into football in some significant capacity somewhere, especially in England. His stint at Forest Green wasn't long enough for anyone to hold much against him for it and in all honesty, nobody in England will pay the slightest attention to what he did at ICT in what will be portrayed as a horrible financial situation where no manager could have done anything.

7 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We finished 19 points ahead of Arbroath, if that’s your idea of “battling it out” then fair enough. 

Congratulations. £200k well spent.

The point stands. You'd be no worse off under Dodds an the pitch and a significant sum better financially presumably.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Congratulations. £200k well spent.

The point stands. You'd be no worse off under Dodds an the pitch and a significant sum better financially presumably.

I’m not sure what point you think you’re making but it’s seemingly irrelevant. Dodds was horrific, and we’d have been relegated much sooner with him. Our board and CEO would have continued to make batshit crazy decisions regardless of who was the manager.  

5 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

I’m not sure what point you think you’re making but it’s seemingly irrelevant. Dodds was horrific, and we’d have been relegated much sooner with him. Our board and CEO would have continued to make batshit crazy decisions regardless of who was the manager.  

@Scary Bear suggested you'd have been better not sacking Dodds. I took issue with @Central Belt Caley implication that you'd have been worse off if you hadn't done so. It's pretty clear you wouldn't have been at this stage. You might well have been relegated sooner but ultimately relegated you were anyway and you've won only one game this season (against us!). The £200k + spent on Ferguson has ultimately been chucked down the drain to absolutely no benefit at all. I don't think that's a remotely contestable conclusion whether it was right to sack Dodds or not.

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

His contract won't have been amended. He said himself in the interview that he "couldn't go without wages forever as he's still got bills to pay" (a comment that should probably be taken with a pinch of salt given the money Duncan Ferguson will have earned in his career.

He's either waiving it for now as a gesture but could demand it be reinstated to full wage any time he chooses or he's more likely simply deferring it while they can't afford it and remains owed it down the line. Either way it won't be any cheaper to sack him now than it was in the summer.

Gardiner will be untouchable in Scottish football certainly you'd imagine. Ferguson likely has enough reputation and credit in the bank from his stints as Everton assistant and caretaker to get back into football in some significant capacity somewhere, especially in England. His stint at Forest Green wasn't long enough for anyone to hold much against him for it and in all honesty, nobody in England will pay the slightest attention to what he did at ICT in what will be portrayed as a horrible financial situation where no manager could have done anything.

You'd be surprised I think, we're obviously bigger than every other club in the division combined and definitely on a lot of people's radars both north and south of Hadrian's Wall.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

@Scary Bear suggested you'd have been better not sacking Dodds. I took issue with @Central Belt Caley implication that you'd have been worse off if you hadn't done so. It's pretty clear you wouldn't have been at this stage. You might well have been relegated sooner but ultimately relegated you were anyway and you've won only one game this season (against us!). The £200k + spent on Ferguson has ultimately been chucked down the drain to absolutely no benefit at all. I don't think that's a remotely contestable conclusion whether it was right to sack Dodds or not.

I actually agree with you on this, and I usually try my hardest to disagree with you on just about everything.

Just now, TheScarf said:

You'd be surprised I think, we're obviously bigger than every other club in the division combined and definitely on a lot of people's radars both north and south of Hadrian's Wall.

He'll have enough pals to get him an assistant or coach job.