Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

32 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Fairenuffski. Diffrnt strokes for diffrnt folks it seems…

Different strokes, with different folks...

scottsdad gets plenty wanking and star trek/star wars (delete as applicable) time, and 11 days nagging free though. Good deal all round imo.

On 31/12/2023 at 14:45, alta-pete said:

I read this earlier and decided not to immediately jump in but it was troubling me so much I just had to come back and bite. 

You’ve reported in the past how your wife likes her ‘solo’ holidays (fair enough) but 11 days away over the festive period, leaving you with the kids? She’s taking the piss….

Nobody else's business, I suppose. Unless you post it on a forum. Personally, I can't see the motivation for doing that in this case. 

Slimming world time of year again

Throw away all the good food and replace with shite and spices we are never going to eat (christ ,throw it straight into the bucket and cut out the middle man) 

Would you like cumin and tarragon on the chicken .... Naw fkn gravy

On 01/01/2024 at 17:36, Alert Mongoose said:

Filling up the washing machine and I'm told I can't do any washing on the 1st?

giphy (5).gif

I remember my mum, grandmother and aunts all saying when I was younger that there should be no housework done at all on the 1st January and all washing on airers etc should be put away so the house doesn't look untidy. 

I was too young to understand that back then which is just as well because I still don't understand. 

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

I remember my mum, grandmother and aunts all saying when I was younger that there should be no housework done at all on the 1st January and all washing on airers etc should be put away so the house doesn't look untidy. 

I was too young to understand that back then which is just as well because I still don't understand. 

This brings back childhood memories of the house smelling of gloss and emulsion at this time of year as my mum always had a mad scramble to repaint the house in time for new year. Another of her quirks was putting on a spread for hogmanay that could feed an army despite making sure that all street facing rooms had the lights out and spending all night saying how she hopes none of the neighbours first foot us as she can't be bothered with all that . 

11 hours ago, dagane said:

Throw away all the good food and replace with shite and spices we are never going to eat (christ ,throw it straight into the bucket and cut out the middle man) 

Cumin and Tarragon are never going together.

Tarragon with a bit of white wine or lemon goes well with chicken but i'd prefer something a bit more citrussy than cumin if i was going for a spice; sumac ideally or maybe coriander (seed obviously). 

How are you doing the gravy? Do you make a roux in the roasting pan or just rely on vegetables for thickening? 

12 hours ago, dagane said:

Slimming world is one of the worst things to happen to this country, labelling foods as good and bad is a terrible mindset to get people in. Calorie deficit is all that is needed if someone wants to lose weight, that and patience.

Inability to take the car to the garage seems to be one I hadn't noticed.

Knew the brakes needed doing, so just before Xmas, she was off work and I was still pottering away. Asked her to go round to the local garage to get it booked in.
Much huffing and she did, a day later.

She was reminded last night to drop it off around 8.  "Will they be open then?" "Aye"

This morning arrives, she takes the wee man to nursery and comes straight back home. Then at 8:45 starts moaning, the car needs to go to the garage but i'm meant to be in a meeting at 9.

1 hour ago, Peil said:

Knew the brakes needed doing, so just before Xmas, she was off work and I was still pottering away. Asked her to go round to the local garage to get it booked in.

She was reminded last night to drop it off around 8.  "Will they be open then?" "Aye"

This morning arrives, she takes the wee man to nursery and comes straight back home. Then at 8:45 starts moaning, the car needs to go to the garage but i'm meant to be in a meeting at 9.

My wife suffers from the same kind of affliction - responsibility aversion I call it. 

4 hours ago, Peil said:

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

My wife suffers from the same kind of affliction - responsibility aversion I call it. 

A common occurrence I think.

My other half states "but you always do that".

I tried the same with house work after that statement and got my ear bent.

Went looking for my beautiful Cadbury double decker. Placed it in the cupboard earlier and now it's gone.

"Do you know where my double decker has gone?" I ask.

"The fridge" she replies. She placed it in the fucking fridge and now I'm crying.

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Went looking for my beautiful Cadbury double decker. Placed it in the cupboard earlier and now it's gone.

"Do you know where my double decker has gone?" I ask.

"The fridge" she replies. She placed it in the fucking fridge and now I'm crying.

You'll be up all night gnawing at it