Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

See also - putting food on tin foil before putting it in the oven, meaning a nerve-shredding twenty minute wait to see if you're leaving half your tea on the foil or picking bits of metal out of your fish finger piece. 

Sakes. 

Out of interest, what's the alternative for you? On a tray or (shudders) straight on the wire rack. A wee brush of oil on the tin foil should stop any of your angst.

Edited by jimbaxters

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Out of interest, What's the alternative for you? Straight on a tray or (shudders) on the wire rack. A wee brush of oil on the tin foil should stop any of your angst.

Straight on the tray. They're clean enough, and I know they're clean enough because I do the washing up. 

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Out of interest, what's the alternative for you? On a tray or (shudders) straight on the wire rack. A wee brush of oil on the tin foil should stop any of your angst.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Straight on the tray. They're clean enough, and I know they're clean enough because I do the washing up. 

breadcrumbed, battered or otherwise crispy coated oven ready products should go on baking paper. I’ve just changed your life for the better but feel like I should be posting on mumsnet.

36 minutes ago, coprolite said:

breadcrumbed, battered or otherwise crispy coated oven ready products should go on baking paper. I’ve just changed your life for the better but feel like I should be posting on mumsnet.

Baking paper is acceptable. Why the f**k she moves it out of the way to get to the tinfoil, I have no idea. 

Even the simplest story is filled with irrelevant details. Instead of saying, for example, "Edna at work got that promotion she applied for", I'll get: "I was speaking to Edna his afternoon. It must have been about half past two because it was after that parcel was delivered but before my three o'clock meeting. Edna's the one that's married to Norman the accountant and lives in Moonee Ponds, they've got two kids. Anyway I was speaking to her and she told me that last Friday... or was it Thursday? Oh no it must have been Thursday because Edna has every other Friday off and she's working this week. So on Thursday, Jim the team leader, he's the one I told you about that sings in a choir in his spare time, called Edna not long after our morning team meeting and told her he had some news for her. Turns out she got that promotion she applied for."
I know a couple of folk who do this. I've recently found myself mentally editing their dialogue for brevity during the one-way conversation. I think I started doing it out of boredom without realising it, at first.
One day I'll grow the balls to parrot my summary back to them and give notes on delivery.
You're both missing a trick if you haven't done the Winston Ingram fast forward motion here. I regularly do this both with the Mrs and my mum. If you get it just right they skip to the end but if you get it right and them on an off day you hit the jackpot with them telling you to f**k off and not bothering to tell you the story at all.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're both missing a trick if you haven't done the Winston Ingram fast forward motion here. I regularly do this both with the Mrs and my mum. If you get it just right they skip to the end but if you get it right and them on an off day you hit the jackpot with them telling you to f**k off and not bothering to tell you the story at all.

If I make it to old age, I can definitely see me moaning, "OH GOD IS THIS EVER GOING TO END".

You start off wondering why so many of the elderly are rude and irascible, but gradually realise it's a perk and start looking forward to it.

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Lets the heat circulate?

Exactly the problem in that it lets the heat into rooms which aren't being used rather than heat the living room etc properly.

Edited by Hedgecutter

8 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
23 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:
Exactly the problem in that it lets the heat into rooms which aren't being used rather than heat the living room etc properly.

And straight out the windows that are open to let fresh air in.

We actually had to open most of the windows to let this evening's blow-back go somewhere.  Would seem that the whirling granny's fooked, and I'd rather not venture up a roof currently coated in several inches of snow.

Eta: last year she was always complaining about it being cold until I discovered that she had all the vents along the tops of the windows constantly open.  Turns out she knew this and eventually then complained that "it gets stuffy when they're closed".

Edited by Hedgecutter

30 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

We actually had to open most of the windows to let this evening's blow-back go somewhere.  Would seem that the whirling granny's fooked, and I'd rather not venture up a roof currently coated in several inches of snow.

Eta: last year she was always complaining about it being cold until I discovered that she had all the vents along the tops of the windows constantly open.  Turns out she knew this and eventually then complained that "it gets stuffy when they're closed".

What is this teuchter nonsense?

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

"Are you alright?"

"Are you sure?"

"You dont seem alright"

x 10,000,000

You seem a bit tetchy. Would this be a bad time to ask if you are actually, in fact, alright?