Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

16 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Supper

Anyone shouting your Teas ready/out for a meal, can f**k off with rest of their cricket/rowing chums. 

@arab r us kens

I was at school with a boy who called his lunch dinner.

Weirdo. 

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Weirdo. 

One primary school I went to referred to lunch as "dinner time" and operated a ticket system which had "dinner ticket" printed on them. I remember because it was the height of hilarity to fold your ticket so it said "dicket". Yes, I was just as funny at that age.

This was the south of England, so maybe it's a regional thing.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Maybe it's my age, but in Motherwell I never heard them referred to as anything else but "school dinners".  Also, we had dinner ladies, regardless of the lies peddled by the Simpsons about lunch lady Doris.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952c2927yr16ca1dbjc4s

27 minutes ago, BFTD said:

One primary school I went to referred to lunch as "dinner time" and operated a ticket system which had "dinner ticket" printed on them. I remember because it was the height of hilarity to fold your ticket so it said "dicket". Yes, I was just as funny at that age.

Aye I had a dinner ticket and they were school dinners. I internalised this as acceptable as school dinners were a cooked affair, compared to the packed lunch which was invariably at room temperature and, unless you were a trainspotting weirdo who brought a thermos of soup, uncooked.

A slight knock of the pads down to  3rd man, sets us up for tea.

@19QOS19 make sure yuv had your dinner. pal

wouldn't want any of the big boys taking your tea money.

1 minute ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

At school you get a dinner ticket. Nobody gets a lunch ticket. Dinner is at midday. Teatime is when you get home after school. 

Aye, and midnight is when the black cats howl and breakfast is served at four bells.

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Supper

Anyone shouting your Teas ready/out for a meal, can f**k off with rest of their cricket/rowing chums. 

@arab r us kens

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Weirdo. 

When I was a child, we had dinner at dinner time, around 12.30/13.00. Only posh folk had lunch then.

17 hours ago, BFTD said:

I found it funny at this age.

17 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

It's breakfast dinner and tea. Anything else you're a hillbilly.

Nah, breakfast, dinner and supper was how some of the relatives named it…but, on your point, they were from Fife.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Without fail, any time I watch a film/tv show (usually American) and they "Supper time", meaning their tea, I actually shudder. 

A Country Supper is a brutal oral sex act that happens only in women's prisons..

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Without fail, any time I watch a film/tv show (usually American) and they "Supper time", meaning their tea, I actually shudder. 

Best stay clear of Aberdeen and Shire then. It's rife up here.

14 hours ago, scottsdad said:

A Country Supper is a brutal oral sex act that happens only in women's prisons..

Never heard of this and don't fancy searching it on the works monitored WiFi. But if you can explain that would be great, sounds interesting 🤣