c***s on the road

45 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Said it before, will say it again… Tesla drivers. I know, I fcuking well know that when you floor it away from the lights, the instant acceleration is quite something. 
If another dark blue Tesla ‘roars’ away from a standing start next to me, in a manner that says ‘look at me, my Tesla is fast as fcuk from a standing start’, then I might need to say to them, aye, but you all look the fcuking same in your dark blue paintjob, your interior sucks, just looks like an empty room with a big fcuking Apple iPad glued to the dashboard.

Tesla drivers can fcuk off. 😀

We have an electric Corsa, and it is quick off the mark as well, which catches out boy racer types quite a lot as it looks like a 'normal' Corsa.  Does that make me a c**t as well?

55 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Said it before, will say it again… Tesla drivers. I know, I fcuking well know that when you floor it away from the lights, the instant acceleration is quite something. 
If another dark blue Tesla ‘roars’ away from a standing start next to me, in a manner that says ‘look at me, my Tesla is fast as fcuk from a standing start’, then I might need to say to them, aye, but you all look the fcuking same in your dark blue paintjob, your interior sucks, just looks like an empty room with a big fcuking Apple iPad glued to the dashboard.

Tesla drivers can fcuk off. 😀

I saw my first Tesla parked up the other day, never noticed one on the road. Maybe I'm living in an impoverished area or I need my glasses checked.

21 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Folk parking in disabled bays should have their cars crushed. My folks, who have a blue badge, can hardly get in a space because invariably someone has just abandoned their car there. Even at the hospital. 

Forfar's Asda is terrible for it. Most recent example was some creosote-tanned Facebook maw parking in one because she couldn't be bothered parking in the nearest parent and child space which was literally 15 feet further away. 

9 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

We have an electric Corsa, and it is quick off the mark as well, which catches out boy racer types quite a lot as it looks like a 'normal' Corsa.  Does that make me a c**t as well?

Pretty much all electric cars are rapid off the mark. Absolutely, you’re all kunts… those big batteries are environmentally unfriendly… get yourselves a wee 1.0 Ford petrol Ecoboost or equivalent. It’s the way forward. Kunts! 😃*

*Except Corsa drivers. Obviously.

17 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Forfar's Asda is terrible for it. Most recent example was some creosote-tanned Facebook maw parking in one because she couldn't be bothered parking in the nearest parent and child space which was literally 15 feet further away. 

I assume she also had those big lips and carrying just a bit too much poundage?

wid

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Pretty much all electric cars are rapid off the mark. Absolutely, you’re all kunts… those big batteries are environmentally unfriendly… get yourselves a wee 1.0 Ford petrol Ecoboost or equivalent. It’s the way forward. Kunts! 😃*

*Except Corsa drivers. Obviously.

One of my mates in the 90s had a Citroen AX diesel which he claimed did 80mpg. Probably because it weighed about the same as a tin of beans (and would offer a similar amount of protection in an accident).

51 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Folk parking in disabled bays should have their cars crushed. My folks, who have a blue badge, can hardly get in a space because invariably someone has just abandoned their car there. Even at the hospital. 

Should extend this to spouses of the blue badge owner using it when the holder isn't with them.

9 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

One of my mates in the 90s had a Citroen AX diesel which he claimed did 80mpg. Probably because it weighed about the same as a tin of beans (and would offer a similar amount of protection in an accident).

I had a petrol Citroen AX GT in about 1993. Loved that wee car. As you say, weighed about as much as a tin of beans (the wee tins with the ring pull)… but I have fond memories of it. The interior was cool (for the era), the wheels looked good, it was fun to drive. Heading out on the road myself soon… watching out for those dark blue Tesla knobheads. 😜

8 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’d also like to nominate people with no children, or with children who are far too old for it to matter, parking in a parent and child space.

Seems to be a particular favourite of white van men.

Sainsburys parent and child spaces explicitly say "up to 12 years old" so i park there with kids. Morrisons say "Parent and Toddler" so i don't. Asda just says "parent and child" so technically i think my Dad could give me a lift to the shops and we could park there. 

Just to expand a wee bit on this. My cousin was on the phone to my mum talking about a relative who had given her a lift into Alloa. This relative stopped in a disabled bay to let my cousin out. Then decided to just park the car and go to the shop with my cousin. 

The phone call, from what I can gather, was full of "it was only 5 minutes" stuff. Anyway, they got back to the car and it had been ticketed. She was expecting my mum to have some sympathy but all she got was a firm "Good!"

My dad can hardly walk these days. At Forth Valley hospital the car park is horrendous, people parking on pavements and so on. But the disabled bays are always taken by cars with no blue badges. So they have to park quite far away. I'm going with them this week so I can go in and grab a wheelchair to push him the miles and miles from the car, wherever it ends up getting parked, to his appointment. 

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Just to expand a wee bit on this. My cousin was on the phone to my mum talking about a relative who had given her a lift into Alloa. This relative stopped in a disabled bay to let my cousin out. Then decided to just park the car and go to the shop with my cousin. 

The phone call, from what I can gather, was full of "it was only 5 minutes" stuff. Anyway, they got back to the car and it had been ticketed. She was expecting my mum to have some sympathy but all she got was a firm "Good!"

My dad can hardly walk these days. At Forth Valley hospital the car park is horrendous, people parking on pavements and so on. But the disabled bays are always taken by cars with no blue badges. So they have to park quite far away. I'm going with them this week so I can go in and grab a wheelchair to push him the miles and miles from the car, wherever it ends up getting parked, to his appointment. 

You will be careful, won't you, pushing the wheelchair past the errantly parked cars?

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

watching out for those dark blue Tesla knobheads. 😜

The sheer amount of newish Tesla's on the road is quite something. 

I see so many of them circulating the free chargers near me desperate to get on- that will no doubt stop once Glasgow City Council starts charging for leccy soon. 

51 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

You will be careful, won't you, pushing the wheelchair past the errantly parked cars?

Would be terrible if a stray piece of the wheelchair scraped all the way down the side of said vehicle, eh? Any option for spiked spinners on wheelchairs?

On 19/02/2023 at 17:50, Derry Alli said:

It's happily getting to a point in the year where having LED helicopter search lights on the front of your car/van at 7am is no longer required and I will once again be able to drive to and from my home without fear of being Mike Skinner'd.

Good reference sir.

On 20/02/2023 at 17:11, flyingscot said:

The sheer amount of newish Tesla's on the road is quite something. 

I see so many of them circulating the free chargers near me desperate to get on- that will no doubt stop once Glasgow City Council starts charging for leccy soon. 

I think a lot them are due to business purchases / leases due to tax efficiency with the 0% or 1% benefit in kind. Company I work for more or less provide a Model 3 as standard for any company cars. 

45 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I think a lot them are due to business purchases / leases due to tax efficiency with the 0% or 1% benefit in kind. Company I work for more or less provide a Model 3 as standard for any company cars. 

Also upfront tax relief for the full cost of the car (assuming 100% business use) for the business owner. Ideal for the "self employed" sales person.