c***s on the road

On 27/07/2023 at 08:14, Molotov said:

Total cnuts. That is a very disturbing case. The guy had a number of convictions for serious driving offences. Throw the book at them. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-66317438

The thick c**t got caught because he took a lassie to where he'd buried the body to brag about it. 

16 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-66317438

The thick c**t got caught because he took a lassie to where he'd buried the body to brag about it. 

Gets more shocking every time new info comes out. Cyclist stopped for a coffee at the same hotel where the brothers were with a hunting party, presumably continues on his journey and is caught up and run over by the pair of c***s - then left for dead. Guessing quite often people turn a blind eye to drink driving in more rural areas. Hotel owner tried to persuade him to stay for the night, nice sentiment but on the other hand it's your drunk customers driving a few miles back home that end up killing him.

Police work leaves a lot to be desired as well. They get a letter mentioning the twins as they were at the hotel that night, 6 months later they visit the estate but were asked to leave. The cyclist didn't make it to Tyndrum so the answers had to lie somewhere between there and the hotel.

Edited by Ginaro

On 28/07/2023 at 08:24, Raidernation said:

Merging on to I90 this afternoon, two lanes merge one from the south and one from the north. Cuuuunt in an artic/semi (delete as preferred) started moving into my lane (the one that continues to the highway, not the one that terminates) whilst I'm between the rear cab wheels and rear trailer wheels. I basically had to execute an emergency stop (thank you DVLA 1980's driving test) or I'd have been decapitated.

Heads nearly gone thread for this pish.

11 hours ago, Carol Anne said:

People who sit parked up with their engines running for ages really annoys me. That and people who don't indicate while leaving or joining a duel carriageway or motorway. 🤬

I never use my indicators coming onto a duel or motorway, I've already indicated where I'm going by being on the slip road in the first place.  

I'll give you the "leaving" part though.

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I never use my indicators coming onto a duel or motorway, I've already indicated where I'm going by being on the slip road in the first place.  

I'll give you the "leaving" part though.

A quick flash of the indicator can be helpful to show your immediate intention to join the carriageway.

On 28/07/2023 at 01:24, Raidernation said:

Merging on to I90 this afternoon, two lanes merge one from the south and one from the north. Cuuuunt in an artic/semi (delete as preferred) started moving into my lane (the one that continues to the highway, not the one that terminates) whilst I'm between the rear cab wheels and rear trailer wheels. I basically had to execute an emergency stop (thank you DVLA 1980's driving test) or I'd have been decapitated.

Poster for the Universal Pictures film 'Duel', featuring American actor Dennis Weaver as the beleaguered hero, 1971. The film was directed by Steven...

On 28/07/2023 at 22:23, Carol Anne said:

People who sit parked up with their engines running for ages really annoys me. That and people who don't indicate while leaving or joining a duel carriageway or motorway. 🤬

That's fighting talk!

28 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's absolutely rife. 

Related story. Working on Tiree with a couple of colleagues, we went to one of the two pubs on the island for tea and a drink after work. Being responsible citizens, one of the guys said he'd drive and not drink, although in the end he had one pint with his food while me and the other guy had 2 or 3.

The friendly barman advised us that the local policeman was off duty in the bar, just in case we had planned to have more drinks and drive back. Knowing that even one pint would likely put him over the limit, the workmate decided to not risk it and we all resigned ourselves to walking the 4 or 5 miles back to the house.

After 15 minutes walking a car pulled over and a local offered us a lift, which we gladly accepted. It immediately become clear once in the car that he was completely sozzled and reeking of spirits, and a few times we had to remind him to keep his eyes on the road as he kept being distracted talking to us. At one point he veered off the road onto the soft verge, which he seemed to find hilarious.

In short, our responsible and cautious approach to drink driving certainly was not shared by this local gentleman.

Driving through Milngavie yesterday and got stopped at traffic lights. There are 2 lanes at the lights, one for straight on, which I’m in, and one for turning right. I’m at the front and there are several cars behind, including one a couple of cars behind with his indicator on to turn right, but it’s still in the queue behind me as he hadn’t yet pulled out into the right turn lane. The lights change from red to green, I start to move, and a cyclist overtakes everyone to go straight on, including overtaking the car indicating he was turning red. There were no cars coming towards us, so the cyclist was lucky he wasn’t taken out by the car turning right.

14 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

A c**t on the road

"We're introducing a low emission zone in your area where you have buses and the Tube. This will cut down on noise and make your air cleaner"

"BOO! Me vote Tory. Cars rool"

"We're sticking a motorway through your area now"

"BOO! Not in my backyard!" 

Dangerous c***s on the road in Falkirk.

Police have launched a murder inquiry after a woman involved in a "dangerous" car chase crashed and died in Falkirk.

Officers were called to the B902 New Carron Road at about 18:10 on Saturday, after two vehicles collided.

The 27-year-old driver was pronounced dead at the scene. Shortly before the crash she had been involved in an altercation with the occupants of a black Mercedes which led to a pursuit.

Her death is being treated as suspicious and inquiries are ongoing.

The other occupant of her silver Vauxhall Vectra - a 22-year-old man - was taken to the Royal Infirmary in Edinburgh for treatment.

Meanwhile a 39-year-old man, who was driving a black Volkswagen Tiguan involved in the crash, suffered minor injuries.

The latest stories across ScotlandRead more from Tayside and Central

Police are appealing for information to help trace a black Mercedes C-Class, containing a number of people, which left the scene and was last seen heading north on B902 New Carron Road.

The prior altercation happened on Foundry Street and led to a pursuit leading to New Carron Road.

Officers want to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of these incidents and has information that may help the investigation.

Anyone with CCTV, doorbell or dashcam footage is also urged to contact the police.

Det Insp Hazel Reid said there was a "dedicated team" working on the investigation.

"It is imperative we trace the occupants of the black Mercedes who fled the scene," she added.

"We believe this vehicle has pursued the Vauxhall in a dangerous fashion, resulting in a crash with the Volkswagen Tiguan.

"Officers are gathering CCTV footage from the surrounding area and door to door inquiries are also being carried out."

She said there would be a continued police presence in the area and anyone with any concerns could approach those officers