Local Council c***s

NorthernLights

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's an 'interesting' bit of public art in Dunfermline beside the bus station.

You paint quite a picture. It's like I'm almost there.

Kathleen Leslie the Tory group leader in fife I believe has decided it isn't enough for her to chair the education committee despite being chucked out the education union and currently barred from being a teacher. She has gone on a long winded speech to the council about the benefits of fracking, would it suprise anyone that the only 2 registers in her register of interest are from Exxon Mobil.

27 minutes ago, 101 said:

Kathleen Leslie the Tory group leader in fife I believe has decided it isn't enough for her to chair the education committee despite being chucked out the education union and currently barred from being a teacher. She has gone on a long winded speech to the council about the benefits of fracking, would it suprise anyone that the only 2 registers in her register of interest are from Exxon Mobil.

She looking to widen the Forth?

59 minutes ago, 101 said:

Is that she of "drooling hag" 'fame'?

5 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

This is definitely going to happen. I trust in the ACC completely.

I like how they have somehow managed to create a design without any segregated cycle lanes, despite having a 5 lane wide road to play with.

38 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Is that she of "drooling hag" 'fame'?

Yes. 

Seems like every committee in Fife now has a convener and deputy from the Lib/Lab/Con as they made sure to stick together and vote for anyone but the SNP.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

I like how they have somehow managed to create a design without any segregated cycle lanes, despite having a 5 lane wide road to play with..

That is just to prepare you for the final design which will have no cycling lanes at all.  Nestran funds can only be used where it benefits Councillors.

13 hours ago, 101 said:

They'd be fracking at Lochore and Ballingry of course and nowhere near Culross and Dalgety Bay.

23 hours ago, 101 said:

I had a stand up argument at my daughter's school with Cara Hilton the Labour Education woman on the Council where I pulled her up about her parties Council coalition with the Tories (one of whom was famous for falling asleep in a Zoom meeting about a development in Duloch) where she flatly denied any deals with the Tories. Told her next time she stands to stick "will do deals with Tories" on her election crap.

As for Kathleen Leslie, she's absolutely vile.

10 minutes ago, AndyM said:

I had a stand up argument at my daughter's school with Cara Hilton the Labour Education woman on the Council where I pulled her up about her parties Council coalition with the Tories (one of whom was famous for falling asleep in a Zoom meeting about a development in Duloch) where she flatly denied any deals with the Tories. Told her next time she stands to stick "will do deals with Tories" on her election crap.

As for Kathleen Leslie, she's absolutely vile.

Cara Hilton has been incompetent since the days she was best pals with Tommy Docherty (him of complaints about Sammy the Tammy fame) she blocked me way back then so it's no surprise that she's still not up front about things. 

Like you say if she's not keen on publishing it why do it.

16 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Don't think I've ever seen anything as pathetic in my life. A bunch of complete and utter infants. If that's indicative of the standard of local councillor and local council meeting across Scotland, then heaven fucking help us.:angry:

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Cara Hilton has been incompetent since the days she was best pals with Tommy Docherty (him of complaints about Sammy the Tammy fame) she blocked me way back then so it's no surprise that she's still not up front about things. 

Like you say if she's not keen on publishing it why do it.

She does my head in. The local MP Douglas Chapman said of Ms Hilton, "This one has form for shutting schools down (Pitcorthie PS). We need to keep watch on her". I occasionally see Docherty around Dunfermline but he doesn't have the local profile Hilton does. The day after the Woodmill fire she was there in her red coat standing next to a bemused Jeremy Corbyn getting another photo opportunity in the bag going "Whit are the SNP doing about this?"  She's as bad as that p***k James Calder from the LibDems who my wife absolutely despises for being a patronising lying c**t. 

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Don't think I've ever seen anything as pathetic in my life. A bunch of complete and utter infants. If that's indicative of the standard of local councillor and local council meeting across Scotland, then heaven fucking help us.:angry:

Try Angus 😂

Our previous Administration was an utter binfire and included gems like: 

- A councillor being allowed back after a brief suspension despite assaulting 4 women at a Council event

- A Senior Councillor regularly taking part in online meetings/events whilst clearly pished 

- Braden Davy trying to bring a proposal to KEEP THE POUND at a Council meeting and being told to sit down and shut up 

- A councillor standing up at a meeting, shouting ALL LIVES MATTER and demanding it be recorded (after a presentation on equalities) 

- Another Councillor taking photos of women in Turkey wearing burqinis and posting it up on his Twitter 

- the Lady Whistledown saga which featured two Tories using fake accounts to spread lies and fake news with a side of misogyny 

- A Tory councillor taking a binman by the throat, who then complained and was invited to discuss it off the record with the Council leader in his local pub 

Five years of utter minterism from the same county that brought you Kirstene Hair MP 🤦

Edited by Day of the Lords

• 10 months later...
6 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Looks like the equal pay claim settlement might be about to take down Birmingham City Council. Probably won't be the last either given the huge sums involved. 

I think you’re right.

The fact is local authorities have no wiggle room, massively underfunded for years there’s little chance that any will have sufficient reserves to cope with a major problem such as this.

39 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think you’re right.

The fact is local authorities have no wiggle room, massively underfunded for years there’s little chance that any will have sufficient reserves to cope with a major problem such as this.

And add to that the school buildings problem that the Govt will no doubt pass onto the local authorities without any extra funding.

• 3 weeks later...

Dundee Council managing to surpass their usual level of incompetence today.

Parents and staff told on Friday there would be an announcement today regards school closures tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday.

They didn't release anything until 3.31 on Twitter - schools weren't emailed until 3.45 - after the end of the school day.  Unions have asked for risk assessments but they haven't been done yet.  ESA pupils told to stay at home - where's the equalities there?  

And to compound it all, the BBC announced all Dundee schools were closed tomorrow- yet nothing to say this was otherwise.

A complete shambles.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Dundee Council managing to surpass their usual level of incompetence today.

Parents and staff told on Friday there would be an announcement today regards school closures tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday.

They didn't release anything until 3.31 on Twitter - schools weren't emailed until 3.45 - after the end of the school day.  Unions have asked for risk assessments but they haven't been done yet.  ESA pupils told to stay at home - where's the equalities there?  

And to compound it all, the BBC announced all Dundee schools were closed tomorrow- yet nothing to say this was otherwise.

A complete shambles.

I think all the Councils have been caught on the hop a bit by the split in the unions after the improved offer. Unison clearly the biggest union but the GMB and Unite recommending acceptance has forced talks over the weekend and that spilled into today due to this being a holiday weekend for most of the WoS authorities. Presumably the late calls are down to the unexpected attempt to find a solution to prevent the strike. Not ideal for parents but surely better than the alternative. 

FWIW I suspect Unison will cave reasonably quickly now assuming the GMB and Unite members vote to accept the offer as recommended.