England's Glorious Failure

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While lying on a Greek beach today, I am struck by the amount of brand new tattoos of young Englanders, with the line “it’s coming home’[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Is that not just to remind the thick shites not to miss their return flight?

There's nothing wrong in a Scot hoping England get pumped or being happy to see them do well. The real mentalist view is that somehow you're a traitor to Scotland if you take the latter view. And the bitterness at seeing the English getting excited at maybe getting to the semi final. Can you imagine how we would be if Scotland was in that position?
Don't disagree. The difference for me is that Scottish football news is covered by Reporting Scotland and not the BBC national news.

Personally I like Southgate and the way his team plays. I think Harry Kane is a top international striker and he interviews well without any hint of arrogance. However, I hope they lose so we can get the air waves back. FFS the John Beattie show on BBC Radio SCOTLAND spends more time discussing England at the WC that any other single topic.

Almost all of them at domestic level. Mandzukic has played, and scored in actual big games for a few of europe's top clubs over quite a few years. Kane is an excellent out and out striker at EPL level, but he's got a fair bit to go to reach Mandzukic's level. 
Kane is flat track bully.

When it comes to playing the big teams he has often been found out.

Is Lukaku the only player left who can realistically catch Kane for the Golden Boot? 

Well, Griezmann will have at most another two games to try and get 3 goals, as Harry's quest for most penalties taken in a Competition hopefully ends tomorrow!!!

So exciting! Good luck to our friends and neighbours!

Too much?

Nah, but it will be wonderful to see the spit, choke, seethe, tears and snotters on here if they do make it through! [emoji23][emoji23]

17 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I've never wanted anything more in my life than for England to get put out today. Yes, I'm an incredibly petty and bitter man.

It's just natural. England fans want Scots to hate them too, as it gives them someone to gloat over if they do win, they'd absolutely hate it if we all supported them. 

Means it's obvious to spot folk who don't support England, but just want to have a go at Scots, so they'll happily pretend to be part of that party. 

3 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Nah, but it will be wonderful to see the spit, choke, seethe, tears and snotters on here if they do make it through! emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I take it you will be wishing your neighbours and your home citys club of Celtic all the best in the Champions League aye?

There's no failure from here on in. They've exceeded expectations and got to a semi final.

Nobody will remember they've played dross all the way to it and it's panning out that they will go one better and get to the final.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They remind me of the Chelsea team who shitfested their way to a Champions League win - and that is ominous!!

That Chelsea team at least faced some decent opposition. 

So even more ominious. 

Archived