The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, you'd be aswell forgetting about Aitchison.

So is £500k, and no Shankland for the rest of the season, a good deal?

No, any Ayr fan suggesting that's a good deal needs their head examining!!!!

This is the best season in my time supporting the club and we should enjoy the ride. Whilst we may not win the league with Shankland, I'd rather have him for the playoffs (assuming we get there). I'm not convinced we have an adequate replacement either. Does Moore has the temperament or ability to lead the line like Shankland does? At the start of the season I would have said yes but now I'm not so sure tbh.

Shankland stays as far as I'm concerned. Any offers without a loan back can GTF!

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

No, any Ayr fan suggesting that's a good deal needs their head examining!!!!

This is the best season in my time supporting the club and we should enjoy the ride. Whilst we may not win the league with Shankland, I'd rather have him for the playoffs (assuming we get there). I'm not convinced we have an adequate replacement either. Does Moore has the temperament or ability to lead the line like Shankland does? At the start of the season I would have said yes but now I'm not so sure tbh.

Shankland stays as far as I'm concerned. Any offers without a loan back can GTF!

It would depend on what's happening to the £500k. If for example £250k was being put towards the playing budget to secure extended contracts for the likes of Rose, Smith, Murdoch & Forrest and also allow us to bring in a couple of others, then I'd say it was a fantastic bit of business.

39 minutes ago, aldo said:

Aitchison has pumped a family member of RandomGuy.'s IMO.

He disrespected Dumbarton, an even worse crime IMO.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

It would depend on what's happening to the £500k. If for example £250k was being put towards the playing budget to secure extended contracts for the likes of Rose, Smith, Murdoch & Forrest and also allow us to bring in a couple of others, then I'd say it was a fantastic bit of business.

I can understand your logic but there's no gauarantee the guys you mentioned will extend their contracts. If anything, they've put themselves in the shop window. I doubt they'll sign on even with more money until they know what league we are in. (Especially for Rose, Smith & Murdoch) Forrest is a bit different as hes been with us for so long. 

For me, Shankland stays. I would be absolutely gutted if we sell in January irrespective of who we extend contracts for or who we brought in. Shankland is the best player I've seen for Ayr in the last 15 years. Let's enjoy him for another 6 months!

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I can understand your logic but there's no gauarantee the guys you mentioned will extend their contracts. If anything, they've put themselves in the shop window. I doubt they'll sign on even with more money until they know what league we are in. (Especially for Rose, Smith & Murdoch) Forrest is a bit different as hes been with us for so long. 

For me, Shankland stays. I would be absolutely gutted if we sell in January irrespective of who we extend contracts for or who we brought in. Shankland is the best player I've seen for Ayr in the last 15 years. Let's enjoy him for another 6 months!

Yes, I'd also be more than happy if he stayed.

I've touched on this before but it's just so refreshing to be back in the Championship and not only competitive but one of the teams to beat, it's a far cry from getting destroyed at home by the likes of Arbroath and East Fife in front of 800 fans 900 fans and it just gives me the fear that we end up back in that situation anytime soon !!!

Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to go. I'm just a bit more 'feet on the ground' than I was in the few days after the tannadice game. I genuinely walked around with a haze of invincibility that week.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, you'd be aswell forgetting about Aitchison.

So is £500k, and no Shankland for the rest of the season, a good deal?

No. 

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Jai Quitongo has left thistle sounds like me a perfect McCall signing, young player full of tallent who has lost his way a bit, can play on the wing, up top or behind the striker seams a good option to me

Lost his way a bit is a nice way of putting 'awaiting trial for domestic assault'. 

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Mark Kerr now being described as a “long term” injury in the AP. Think it’s now even more crucial to get a winger in now to allow Crawford to play in the middle alongside Andy Murdoch. 

Adams, Forrest, Kerr and Geggan (suspended) all out for Saturday. 

27 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Mark Kerr now being described as a “long term” injury in the AP. Think it’s now even more crucial to get a winger in now to allow Crawford to play in the middle alongside Andy Murdoch. 

Adams, Forrest, Kerr and Geggan (suspended) all out for Saturday. 

This isn't the first time in recent seasons that "mystery injuries" seem to have just appeared out the blue and "struggling to make it on Saturday", suddenly turns into 6 months+ out with little to no official updates.

I'm the first to congratulate both McCall & the club, however as supporters I really don't think it's being unreasonable to expect to be kept updated with the situation as much as possible, so we can at least manage our expectations and understand what's happening at our club.

Is that really too much to ask ??

This isn't the first time in recent seasons that "mystery injuries" seem to have just appeared out the blue and "struggling to make it on Saturday", suddenly turns into 6 months+ out with little to no official updates.
I'm the first to congratulate both McCall & the club, however as supporters I really don't think it's being unreasonable to expect to be kept updated with the situation as much as possible, so we can at least manage our expectations and understand what's happening at our club.
Aye it's all a big conspiracy.

That’s a real blow for us - Kerr has been excellent since signing and not someone who is easily replaced.  Given that Forrest seems to be out long term as well, we have real problems in midfield.  At least Docherty looks capable of doing a job.  

The  injury thing has been weird under McCall.  We’ve consistently had problems diagnosing the scale of injury problems during his time.  Probably just bad luck as much as anything.

5 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Aye it's all a big conspiracy.

Did I say anything about conspiracies ?

What I am saying is that it's disrespectful to the fans, confirms a lack of communication or possibly our medical team aren't up to scratch ??

Who knows and that's the whole point.

It also provides a perfect environment for rumours, so far I've heard that Forrest has a lower back problem but has started back light training and could be available soon, but then I've also heard that he has a pretty serious groin problem which may involve an operation and a considerable time on the sidelines.

So what is it ??

Actually think the injury situation had been an improvement this season over previous. At least the best kept secret in the league should get a prolonged run in his favourite position, could really do with him starting to show it. Not that I think he's been poor so far but there was an early home game where he absolutely ran the show and I haven't seen that repeated too many times.