The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Who knows what's went on behind closed doors but I'd be surprised to see Adeloy back in the team, if he can't even get off the bench today in a game we really need to win I don't see Bullen trusting him to start any time soon.

Maybe they are keeping him fresh for Wednesday? He is the best striker at the club

Five league games into Bullen’s reign and we’ve got five points. Not ideal under any circumstances but I think it’s fair to say that there have been minor improvements ever since the Morton game which was a bit of a shambles. The players are putting a harder shift in and we finally look to have the makings of a decent midfield.

Downsides are obviously the fact that Bullen is a conservative manager. Whether that’s down to him liking to play with one striker and three midfielders or if it’s because he has zero faith in any of his defenders, I’m not sure. His substitutions are also a point of contention. My biggest gripe with managers making subs is when they make like for like changes when it’s clearly the system or formation that isn’t working. Personally I felt that today we were crying out for someone to get alongside Ashford and support him. Donaldson and Martin never looked steady and if we had introduced Adeloye in there I really think we’d have caused them more problems. At this minute I think we’re a stick on for 9th but I take encouragement from the small improvements we’re making. This season will either play out with us failing to make a significant step forward and finishing either 9th or 10th or something is going to click and we’ll go on a run which will see us safe.

24 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Who knows what's went on behind closed doors but I'd be surprised to see Adeloy back in the team, if he can't even get off the bench today in a game we really need to win I don't see Bullen trusting him to start any time soon.

Him and Ashford IMO would do well together.  

46 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Bullen's substitutions are terrible.  What's the point in bringing O'Connor on to play on the left, he's shown time and time again he is ineffective as an inverted winger, I think he could do a job through the middle more effectively, or more ideally out on the right. 

Generally today was an improvement again though but we are really taking baby steps here. 

I think this is how to get all of our best players on the pitch at the same time.  

LINEUP111644084917351.png

Aye, his substitutions are woeful every single week. 

It is baby steps, and Bullen seems incapable of doing anything but change the blatantly obvious (changing the midfield three today) That he was happy to keep our non existent right hand side as it was all game was baffling. 

57 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was it McKenzie that missed after the goalie spilled it? I couldn’t tell from where I was standing but f**k me what a miss. He can rifle them in against Dundee and Raith but I can recall him missing a sitter against QOS about two seasons ago and then today.

Yeah, well I think so anyway.

Edited by No_Problemo

Definitely not the worst performance by us that I've saw this season. Thought Ashford wasnt involved much, probably through no fault of his own. Was it McInroy or McKenzie that missed the sitter with about 10 mins to go? Couldnt really see it from the NT corner. Heart was in my mouth when McGinty slipped but thankfully it didnt cost us. Onto Wed now and hopefully we'll have a go against them this time. 3rd time lucky 🙄

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I thought this exact same thing during the game. Unfortunately, I think we are far more likely to see Bryden paired with him - so I’ll be amazed if we see it from the start of a game. 

ETA, as for @Thereisalight.. point above - there is absolutely no chance we will have a go on Wednesday. It will be more negative pish.

Edited by No_Problemo

I think so as well but Bullen for one reason or another does not fancy him, in the 4 games he's played under Bullen he's been hooked early in the 2nd half made a 1 minute sub appearance and warmed the bench for 90 minutes him and Bullen need to sort out whatever is the issue as we need his goals.

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Definitely not the worst performance by us that I've saw this season. Thought Ashford wasnt involved much, probably through no fault of his own. Was it McInroy or McKenzie that missed the sitter with about 10 mins to go? Couldnt really see it from the NT corner. Heart was in my mouth when McGinty slipped but thankfully it didnt cost us. Onto Wed now and hopefully we'll have a go against them this time. 3rd time lucky 🙄

Think it was McKenzie but didn't matter as flag was up, it was a parry from the keeper from a good McInroy free kick.

The one in the first half was the absolute sitter but not sure who missed it as a Somerset Road end Stanchion was in my bloody way and I ended up in total shock that the ball didn't hit the net, similar to big Chris Iwellumo at Hampden !!

I thought a draw was a fair result and both sides tried their best in what was horrendous conditions, McInroy was good, Dempsey and Murdoch also not bad but we really didn't create enough again and in the first half in particular we just didn't have enough shots at goal, all in all though not a disaster today.

3 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

I imagine there’s a reason that won’t happen currently, that reason isn’t Bullen. That’ll be Tomi.

Well no, it’ll be Bullen...

He picks the team, and is in charge of working with each individual to get the best out of them and the team. 

1 minute ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

And if every player in training busts a gut but “a player” goes through the motions. What then?

I couldn’t care less, different players train differently. If Bullen wants that as a prerequisite in his team, then fine, but his job for the rest of this season is to drag this team to eighth and he needs players like Tomi to do that. 
Bringing him on today would have given us a greater chance of winning, just as bringing him on instead of Bryden midweek would have. I’m fine with him not starting, but he still needs to be used when it will benefit the team. 

Bullen was a journey man pro who gave 100% as a player and made the most of his limited skills to make a good carer Adeloy obviously has skill but maybe can't be arsed with putting 100% in on the training ground Bullen has stated more than once 100% commit and effort is the least he expectsaf the enc of the day the two of them need to sort it out for the benefit not the club.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Bullen was a journey man pro who gave 100% as a player and made the most of his limited skills to make a good carer Adeloy obviously has skill but maybe can't be arsed with putting 100% in on the training ground Bullen has stated more than once 100% commit and effort is the least he expectsaf the enc of the day the two of them need to sort it out for the benefit not the club.

I think Adoloyes career shows that there could be more to attitude than performance, never seen  more than a season at any club , wouldn’t think it was down to all his managers 

I couldn’t care less, different players train differently. If Bullen wants that as a prerequisite in his team, then fine, but his job for the rest of this season is to drag this team to eighth and he needs players like Tomi to do that. 
Bringing him on today would have given us a greater chance of winning, just as bringing him on instead of Bryden midweek would have. I’m fine with him not starting, but he still needs to be used when it will benefit the team. 

I want what you want but what message would that send out to the squad. Two way street.

On Adeloye... an important point which i think is being overlooked. 

We don't know for sure, but have a good idea he was the player who was racially abused a couple of weeks ago, for certain people it's not as easy as waking up the next morning and getting over that experience. 

So it's something which he may still be having difficulty getting over hence his absence from the first team, i'm sure in due course he'll get his chance back in the team. I'm pretty sure Bully too won't be the type of guy to throw someone under the bus infront of everyone else and will have pulled Tomi aside for a chat and is maybe just needing a couple of weeks to reset over what could have potentially been a difficult time for him. 

Personally, I saw a huge improvement in the team from the last few weeks crap. We still need to stop the stupid errors in defence. I thought we were a far more cohesive unit. That was probably due to playing on the deck a lot more than recently. Mcginty still scares the bejesus out of me. I am a bit more optimistic that we finally have the players to move forward. Onto The Evil Dead game on Wednesday and hopefully we can put them back in their box.

Just now, rb123! said:

On Adeloye... an important point which i think is being overlooked. 

We don't know for sure, but have a good idea he was the player who was racially abused a couple of weeks ago, for certain people it's not as easy as waking up the next morning and getting over that experience. 

So it's something which he may still be having difficulty getting over hence his absence from the first team, i'm sure in due course he'll get his chance back in the team. I'm pretty sure Bully too won't be the type of guy to throw someone under the bus infront of everyone else and will have pulled Tomi aside for a chat and is maybe just needing a couple of weeks to reset over what could have potentially been a difficult time for him. 

The player with the racial abuse was confirmed as Gondoh