The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would you say buying the package for WyScout is worth it? I’d have absolutely no use for it besides my own curiosity but it’s always intrigued me. 

I dunno, its a lot of money to commit to as you've to pay it in one go. Probably depends on your own finances as much as anything. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford to pay it and not miss out on other things, but wouldn't be advising anyone on how to spend their own money.

You used to be able to create a mobile account, which you could then use on desktop. Was completely free and gave you everything but videos. There were changes to mobile accounts lately though that maybe resolved that loophole, I dunno.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Funnily enough, I had Consdine in my head when typing that! He obviously has a load of experience at a good level, so it’ll be interesting to see Amartey come up against him - he is absolutely flying but seems to be pretty raw. 

Ofher than the obvious i know very little about your side tbh - hopefully we manage to scrape a draw but I imagine it’ll be a home win. 

Considine had a rocky Group last Summer too, but was fine as he was always a step ahead. Could read the game so well.

Final few months of last season, and so far this season, hes not been able to be that step ahead anymore. At least once a game it gives opponents an opening, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Our midfield 4, if its the 4 picked, becomes almost a diamond. McGowan sits, Ballantyne pushes really high.

14 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Think it's been mentioned previously and I know Calum's interview style isn't to everyone's taste but the signing interviews where the viewer has to guess what the questions are is just weird.

It's like the FM interviews were I don't even read the questions and just click something. 

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. Considine will be LCB and hes completely and utterly done in terms of pace. Loses foot races if hes got anything less than a 5 yard head start as he can't get up any speed from a standing start.

We've still not mastered playing out from the back but thats the intention, so be bold and press us and you should get a foot race v Considine at some point.

Think our line up will be...

Mitov

Brown - Gordon - Considine - Gallacher

Wright - McGowan - Ballantyne - Carey

Jephcott - May

Steven MacLean was at Cumnock last week for the Stenny game so he'll be very much aware of the pace of Amartay

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It's like the FM interviews were I don't even read the questions and just click something. 

Haha true, another similarity being it feels like they only have the same six questions. Not sure Calum ever recovered from not being able to ask his Ayrshire Derby question to every new signing.

24 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Haha true, another similarity being it feels like they only have the same six questions. Not sure Calum ever recovered from not being able to ask his Ayrshire Derby question to every new signing.

It's the intros... "Well <insert name here> pause <have you ever heard of the Ayrshire derby?>"

17 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Would that be enough for cancel culture to kick in? 🤞

We can only hope. Maybe he'll completely lose the plot and come out in a dashiki with fake dreads singing "Shine" by Aswad

2 hours ago, D&#x27;Jaffo said:

Would you say buying the package for WyScout is worth it? I’d have absolutely no use for it besides my own curiosity but it’s always intrigued me. 

No. 

IMG_3967.thumb.jpeg.fbe66571ea7e91dcbded5af385e77416.jpeg

Had a wee play about with this to try and get an idea of where we’re at in terms of building a squad. Obviously this isn’t our set starting eleven but if you had to pick holes in it and guess what Bullen might do to it then I’d say we would be shipping out Ashford, Hewitt, Ecrepont and Bangala (not listed). And then bringing in a winger, left back, right back and midfielder. That’s probably unlikely to happen but I do think Ashford will go and another winger is needed regardless of that happening as I think that’s probably one of the weakest areas in terms of natural players as we only really have Murphy as a recognised winger. Amartey has done okay but he flits between winger and striker. McKenzie and Ashford offer nothing there and I’m not sure if that’s what McGeady has been signed for. Full back is obviously a concern but that requires a body or two out before we can sign anyone. Would ideally like another midfielder to play in an attacking role as McGeady won’t last the season. We could always go 4-4-2 in the event of an injury but I think having the three in midfield suits us far better. 

I think the club are planning on doing a fair bit of business yet so that’s promising. 

27 minutes ago, D&#x27;Jaffo said:

IMG_3967.thumb.jpeg.fbe66571ea7e91dcbded5af385e77416.jpeg

Had a wee play about with this to try and get an idea of where we’re at in terms of building a squad. Obviously this isn’t our set starting eleven but if you had to pick holes in it and guess what Bullen might do to it then I’d say we would be shipping out Ashford, Hewitt, Ecrepont and Bangala (not listed). And then bringing in a winger, left back, right back and midfielder. That’s probably unlikely to happen but I do think Ashford will go and another winger is needed regardless of that happening as I think that’s probably one of the weakest areas in terms of natural players as we only really have Murphy as a recognised winger. Amartey has done okay but he flits between winger and striker. McKenzie and Ashford offer nothing there and I’m not sure if that’s what McGeady has been signed for. Full back is obviously a concern but that requires a body or two out before we can sign anyone. Would ideally like another midfielder to play in an attacking role as McGeady won’t last the season. We could always go 4-4-2 in the event of an injury but I think having the three in midfield suits us far better. 

I think the club are planning on doing a fair bit of business yet so that’s promising. 

We need another striker, a loan from somewhere i'd imagine

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

We need another striker, a loan from somewhere i'd imagine

Maybe, but with four guys in the squad who they believe can play up front I'd think it's unlikely they commit another wage to the position.

5 hours ago, Iain said:

Maybe, but with four guys in the squad who they believe can play up front I'd think it's unlikely they commit another wage to the position.

Bryden isn't ready for championship football week in week out IMO, he should go out on loan which would only leave us with Rose and McKenzie