The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s the first game of this season but how many times did we put these kind of performances in last season or the season prior. 

It’s becoming a trademark of a Lee Bullen side to be soft against more street wise or experienced teams.

Exactly, we've all seen that interview before (too many times). The man responsible for preparing individuals and the team criticises the individuals and team. Not a great sign.

I'm sure there are some good things happening around the club (not construction-related!) but it will always be judged on what the first team is doing. "Finishing second" has been doing some heavy lifting in the close season, let's hope it's not the club's sole rejoinder going forward.

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s becoming a trademark of a Lee Bullen side to be soft against more street wise or experienced teams.

100%, I've frankly had enough of it and enough of BGM. This is not a new problem and he is responsible for fixing it. Can he fix it?

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

I wondered about that as well? I’m not entirely sure who he was talking about

Did he not mention it being a wake up call for whole squad and one or two of them got hit between the eyes today. I'm sure he mentioned us having made a lot of changes to the squad as well.

The one good thing is he is clearly angry.

Jim Duffy in that position would have given it the Cappielow isn't an easy place to go and we have no divine right to beat Morton or anyone for that matter.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

The one good thing is he is clearly angry.

Agreed, but I don't think he's angry at the right stuff.

He should be angry at his own inability to change a game in our favour. The lack of tactics at times is stunning.

This is how we play, if it doesn't work we can't change it. We don't know how to.

I really hope it's comes good. It's just frustrating that nothing is learned about these types of games.

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Not a bad opening day with the B team also winning at Cappielow 😉

Enjoy yer night lads 🍻

Shite result for you lads losing to Killie though. 

Can’t be expected to win the league losing to teams like that. 

Most teams will have someone who is a bit weaker on the ball in defence, however for us a team can basically press any of our back four - barring possibly Musonda and we will just end up playing it long. 

At the start of the summer we spoke about needing a deep lying playmaker style player as most of us wanted a positive change in our style of play. We are trying to change it but don’t really have any of the component parts to do it. To have a better chance we probably need to pair Stanger with Musonda, improve the full back areas and hope one of our central midfielders can step up to that role - Paul Smith still looks the most likely to perform that role out of all of them. 

The issue we then have is we are not remotely set up to pick up long balls as we have no physical presence up front. 

So yeah - next week I would be trying to do as much of that as possible and get Rose in from the start too. We also need someone better than McKenzie to play in that role - a McInroy esque player that will help out the midfield and attack and link the play. 

2 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Wasn't at the game today. Did any of the players get a pass mark today? Think Pendlebury was great last week, how'd he do today?

Scored a nice goal, not sure about the rest. 

I'd give Murphy a pass. 

2 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Wasn't at the game today. Did any of the players get a pass mark today? Think Pendlebury was great last week, how'd he do today?

Murphy looked good in the first half, McGinty saved us a few times with last ditch tackles, Dempsey was fine first half and Paddy wasn’t a complete bomb scare. Pendlebury took his goal well. That’s about all I can say positively