The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not ideal when one of Bullen’s favourites can see it’s not working. McGinty will be annoyed enough that he’s not just being left to his own game of winning headers and punting the ball. Asking him to try and play out from the back when he takes about three touches before passing is mental. 

I know he’s become a largely acceptable centre half for you guys, but surely Bullen can’t seriously be expecting you to play out from the back via Sean McGinty? There’s not many defenders in this league suited to that, but he’s near enough the least suited.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Indeed, Bullen has been stitched up here....

Bullen is an idiot. Guaranteed that when Bullen was asked what needed changing, the first thing he asked for was more wingers to swap in after 70 minutes.

Well

Mutch conceded the goal at the far end so I can't tell if he could have done better but other than that, I don't remember him having to much to do
Ahui, If a player is running at him, he is fucked, the occasions he was in a foot race with an attacker, he won the ball at every one. His distribution was terrible but that wasn't all his fault
Stanger and McGinty, were pretty solid 
Ecripont, made a bad pass, someone in the crowd had a go at him and he started blasting anthing that came near him at that point, did ok considering we were under constant pressure all night
Young, dropped in and out the game all night
Senga, was the quieter of the three
Syla, poor distribution, always wanted a pass and put himself about
McGeady, played in centre mid for most of the game, no idea where he was meant to be playing but he wasn't doing anything
Chalmers, our only player showing any forward momentum.  no support or movement, ended up getting shut out eventually
Rose, static, you can almost see thoughts move from his head to his feet. 

For the majority of the first half we were a shambles, defended like a primary school game, 4 players going to person with the ball and left huge spaces elsewhere. Ahui was in the centre forward position at one point, McGeady was at sweeper and Chalmers at right back, I had no clue what the f**k was going on. When we got the ball in defence, Chalmers had two on him and Falkirk pressed the defence so we were hemmed in for most of the game. 

433, at home against a lower league team and we don't register a shot on or off target. 16 players used, 5 different formations and not one shot at goal. 

In the last few minutes, Falkirk didn't even take the ball in to the corner to kill time, they knew we were doing f**k all. 

Just now, Thumper said:

Bullen is an idiot. Guaranteed that when Bullen was asked what needed changing, the first thing he asked for was more wingers to swap in after 70 minutes.

Oh I'm not absolving him of any blame but he has been done over recruitment wise.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I know he’s become a largely acceptable centre half for you guys, but surely Bullen can’t seriously be expecting you to play out from the back via Sean McGinty? There’s not many defenders in this league suited to that, but he’s near enough the least suited.

The only person who thinks he is, is unfortunately Lee Bullen 

Can you believe Falkirk have had the audacity to beat Ayr twice in one year? Just sums up what a self entitled lot we are eh? 
Can you believe we beat you with our best players rested? If we’re going to beat a huge team like Ayr then we should at least have our first team out don’t you think? 

Unlucky troops if it's any consolation we weren't really arsed about tonight I think most would have ticked it off as play fringe players. Played a stronger side I think that most felt was a bit risky in case of injuries we don't have a huge squad. Good luck for the rest of the season and if you could see your way clear to pumping the inbreeds from over the bridge much obliged. 

Ahui was not great but was not the worst player on that pitch., Syla did nothing that game except get booked and then sent off he should have been off at half time almost Bangala levels of get him off, McGeady should not have played that game and for 3 in midfield I felt we had one in Young who tried his best, Senga felt like a passenger the entire time he was on

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Oh I'm not absolving him of any blame but he has been done over recruitment wise.

I simply don't accept that Bullen has no input into the hiring process. He left Wednesday because they didn't trust him with the job. Seems amazing that he'd settle for being told what he was getting at Ayr, especially as what he got is hilariously far off what he needed.

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

Ahui was not great but was not the worst player on that pitch., Syla did nothing that game except get booked and then sent off he should have been off at half time almost Bangala levels of get him off, McGeady should not have played that game and for 3 in midfield I felt we had one in Young who tried his best, Senga felt like a passenger the entire time he was on

4-3-3 just does not work at all Rose is isolated up there and needs a strike partner badly 

Just now, munro7 said:

My fear is I can’t see one team in this league finishing below us at the minute, never mind two. 

This pretty much - we've played 3 of what I'd imagine will be the rest of the bottom 4 in Arbroath Morton and ICT - lost 2 and had a pretty jammy win in 1.  Real danger of being cut adrift assuming we lose the next 3 

Ahui is the victim of the Morton game. There were a few promising things from him tonight and you could tell it was getting to him. Folk shouting f**k off back to Lincon at him are fucking morons. 
The same guy shouted at McCallister when he came on and McCallister had a go back at him. 

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

4-3-3 just does not work at all Rose is isolated up there and needs a strike partner badly 

Maybe I'm a footballing dinosaur but does 4-3-3 not imply three forwards? Why are people calling a formation that leaves a single striker completely by himself a 4-3-3?