The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

433, at home against a lower league team and we don't register a shot on or off target. 16 players used, 5 different formations and not one shot at goal. 

Lower league team or not, I don't think the result was that big of a surprise. Ayr would be battling mid-table in league 1 at the moment.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

I simply don't accept that Bullen has no input into the hiring process. He left Wednesday because they didn't trust him with the job. Seems amazing that he'd settle for being told what he was getting at Ayr, especially as what he got is hilariously far off what he needed.

Oh he'll have some input at some level, as do 2 or 3 others from what we know. and whatever recruitment process they have, maybe they bypass that occasionally when it comes to individual players, like Bangala.

Whole thing seems like a mess tbh so who the f**k actually knows...

1 minute ago, JinkyBairn said:

Lower league team or not, I don't think the result was that big of a surprise. Ayr would be battling mid-table in league 1 at the moment.

Which is why folk are angry, as we finished 2nd in the Championship last season.  Ayr fans being raging isn't instantly something for Falkirk (or Arbroath last week) fans to somehow take offence to.   Didn't even look like Falkirks strongest starting XI

Edited by Hursty

Is Darren Young a horrific shout? He's rebuilt his reputation at Stirling Albion. It would be a step up, he's applied before but I thought his Stirling team did pretty well against us. Obviously, won L2 last season, have started well and gave Aberdeen a game in the League Cup.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Tonight was about Bullen getting minutes in the legs of his midfield and giving his fringe players a run out. 

He now has 10 days to ride out the negativity and return with a home game against Thistle to put it right. 

Will he?

No.

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ahui is the victim of the Morton game. There were a few promising things from him tonight and you could tell it was getting to him. Folk shouting f**k off back to Lincon at him are fucking morons. 
The same guy shouted at McCallister when he came on and McCallister had a go back at him. 

Sat in the stand for the first time tonight, full of utter morons. 

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Maybe I'm a footballing dinosaur but does 4-3-3 not imply three forwards? Why are people calling a formation that leaves a single striker completely by himself a 4-3-3?

It should but we are just so bad at everything it just becomes a one all the time. McGeady and Chalmers get frustrated with never getting the ball so drop deeper and deeper just trying to get a touch. 

Just now, chattyman said:

Just finishing my drink, will be with you soon. Love Ian lol

_122702043_20318750.jpg

We need a McCall like recovery here. He sorted out Roberts mess and cleared the club of some of the biggest con artists in Scottish football. 

Unfortunately I don't think he would be able to do that in the current set-up

Quite telling anyone that was able to leave this off season - did, with a few forcing their way out. Players clearly were able to sense the direction the squad was going to be this season. Such a large turnover of players leaving with significant time left on their contracts should’ve been alarming, regardless whether they were deemed good enough or not. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

We need a McCall like recovery here. He sorted out Roberts mess and cleared the club of some of the biggest con artists in Scottish football. 

Unfortunately I don't think he would be able to do that in the current set-up

TBF he would stabalise you, won't get you much further but if appointed early enough could get you mid table safely. I am guessing when you say current set up that things are not 100% rosey? I genuinely thought Ayr would push on this season, new stand, positive last season. Still early, yous may gel yet. Just hope it ain't when we play you in a week or so!

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

As much as you joke about a drink from what i've heard he isn't in a good place...

Oh dear really? Shit i didn't know that :( Just to add the drink thing is my bad, i meant the drink in the pic. Very ill judged by myself i admit.

Edited by chattyman

Just now, chattyman said:

Oh dear really? Shit i didn't know that :(

Seems to be rumours he was back on it in the latter months of Thistle reign but no idea if it's true or not, would maybe explain however why nothing has been seen or heard of him in the last 7 months since he got booted

3 minutes ago, chattyman said:

TBF he would stabalise you, won't get you much further but if appointed early enough could get you mid table safely. I am guessing when you say current set up that things are not 100% rosey? I genuinely thought Ayr would push on this season, new stand, positive last season. Still early, yous may gel yet. Just hope it ain't when we play you in a week or so!

We are going down a CEO and head of recruitment approach, with data scientists and all sorts. McCall wouldn't be able to have a fly word with players about signing for us next season or speak to the media about things as freely as he did before. 

He is yesterdays man as more clubs will go down this route and as a result I don't think we would be able to utilise his particular set of skills 

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Seems to be rumours he was back on it in the latter months of Thistle reign but no idea if it's true or not, would maybe explain however why nothing has been seen or heard of him in the last 7 months since he got booted

His problem was gambling before and people just assumed it was drink

27 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I know he’s become a largely acceptable centre half for you guys, but surely Bullen can’t seriously be expecting you to play out from the back via Sean McGinty? There’s not many defenders in this league suited to that, but he’s near enough the least suited.

Seems so. I think McGinty knows himself he can’t do it. 

I know he’s a joke figure for Thistle and Morton fans but he’s a good egg imo. Was due an extension because of games played when Bullen came in and he offered to waive it as he himself didn’t think he was up to it. He’s been fine for us though and was probably one of our most consistent players last season. 

Against my better judgement I went along to this. Honestly one of the worst games I've seen. First half especially was basically about 70% possession to them and all the "acton" was down the Railway end. We improved a bit second half helped by Falkirk taking off Morrison and a  few others. Dont think the young lad Hogarth had a save to make. Utter pish