The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

And Young, it would only leave Smith off the bench once Dempsey comes back.

Today was a good performance. The chat on the match thread was pretty derisory towards McKenzie but once he went off it was clear what he offers and Rose doesn’t. Bryden and Dowds also, we need positive options off the bench as well as keeping Senga/young and both Chalmers and Dowds 

I thought Young had signed on loan for the full season but probably wrong - there was a lot of movement in small space of time.

Pretty much agree with everything here- Syla is good, Senga is a must keep, and despite his constant misses McKenzie is better than Rose IMO

Edited by Hursty

8 minutes ago, AuAl said:

It was one of those ones that I couldn't quite believe when it happened.

Tbh, you could probably call it a very very bad miss from the the striker, but a brilliant save nonetheless.

He seemed to really enjoy the praise from the fans after the final whistle, which was quite pleasing.

He had absolutely no right getting down to that. The fact the ball had just come off the other post meaning he had to get up and back across goal made it even better. You'll not see a better save this season.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dempsy, Murdoch and Senga would be some midfield though 

I'm very excited just thinking about it.

I agree also on your other posts related to McKenzie. Don't get me wrong, he needs to be taking chances like a couple he had today, but the overall effort and link play he showed today was excellent and it was very clearly absent when he went off.For his own sake, I just want him to bury one.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

I'm very excited just thinking about it.

I agree also on your other posts related to McKenzie. Don't get me wrong, he needs to be taking chances like a couple he had today, but the overall effort and link play he showed today was excellent and it was very clearly absent when he went off.For his own sake, I just want him to bury one.

Are we ever likely to see that midfield 3? Murdoch is our for season and Senga is only on loan. A midfield 3 of Dempsey, Syla and Senga is still exciting with Jack Young as back up. 

I think we're actually a better team without him, but what is the status of Aiden McGeady?

Nick McAllister listed as missing out due to injury, no mention of McGeady.

I know the club dont like advertising our injury report but he has disappeared from the face of the planet unless I'm mistaken.

5 hours ago, diege said:

I think we're actually a better team without him, but what is the status of Aiden McGeady?

Heading back across the Queensferry Bridge, we heard on the radio that "tonight's playlist is from Aiden McGeady". Must have been radio Scotland. DJ MGD . Thought he had a tight hamstring a couple of months ago, maybe sees same doctor as Musonda. 

9 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Ideal situation may be extending Senga and Young loans in January and loan out Smith (and Bryden) to L1 clubs.

You'd think that neither Senga nor Young's clubs would be difficult to deal with unless they hit a huge injury crisis. I'd like to think that unless they've had problems settling either of the players would be up for it if we needed to extend their loans as they're getting more senior football now than they've ever had.

One of Senga/Young go back in January, probably Young. Dempsey will be back by then and I don’t see us sending Smith out on loan to keep Young in on loan. Likelihood is we’re going to need a defender in with Musonda now not going to return before AFCON, so would imagine 1 out 1 in in January for that reason, extend Sengas loan and see what we can do re Dowds and Chalmers. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

One of Senga/Young go back in January, probably Young. Dempsey will be back by then and I don’t see us sending Smith out on loan to keep Young in on loan. Likelihood is we’re going to need a defender in with Musonda now not going to return before AFCON, so would imagine 1 out 1 in in January for that reason, extend Sengas loan and see what we can do re Dowds and Chalmers. 

It would be bold of them to assume Dempsey will slot back in at his best level after such a prolonged absence.

Maybe McGeady is genuinely doing some useful work behind the scenes around coaching.  We’ve certainly looked a better set up team over the last few games - we really seemed to outthink Queens Park, Airdrie and Dunfermline which has been a rare sight to see under Bullen.

I was really at the point of utter exhaustion with him and his poor decision making and predictable tactics (the scars from the Falkirk game run deep), but maybe we are finally starting to see that he is actually capable of learning from mistakes and can develop into a decent manager.

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Maybe McGeady is genuinely doing some useful work behind the scenes around coaching.  We’ve certainly looked a better set up team over the last few games - we really seemed to outthink Queens Park, Airdrie and Dunfermline which has been a rare sight to see under Bullen.

I was really at the point of utter exhaustion with him and his poor decision making and predictable tactics (the scars from the Falkirk game run deep), but maybe we are finally starting to see that he is actually capable of learning from mistakes and can develop into a decent manager.

It really is an unprecedented turnaround. Long may it last.

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Are we ever likely to see that midfield 3? Murdoch is our for season and Senga is only on loan. A midfield 3 of Dempsey, Syla and Senga is still exciting with Jack Young as back up. 

Nah think you're right, we won't see Murdoch, Dempsey, Senga but agreed getting Dempsey back into the middle with Syla and Senga would be very interesting.

Senga has been a real surprise in the last couple of games. Quite a good ball carrier as well, which is important.

2 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

You'd think that neither Senga nor Young's clubs would be difficult to deal with unless they hit a huge injury crisis. I'd like to think that unless they've had problems settling either of the players would be up for it if we needed to extend their loans as they're getting more senior football now than they've ever had.

Of the two I imagine Young is the more realistic long term option which is why I would keep him. Noticed he's managed to make a couple of midweek Newcastle games which might go in our favour.

Looking to next season Syla, Smith and Dempsey are all signed up,  and we've got an option on Murdoch although as harsh as it seems I would let him leave.

4 minutes ago, Iain said:

It really is an unprecedented turnaround. Long may it last.

It will last as long as certain players can stay on the field , Dowds , Murphy and Chalmers are the obvious one’s .

Dempsey coming in will mean one of the English lads returning south . Bullen seems to see Ben as a no8 so maybe young will head , shame though . 

In an ideal world Bryden and Smith would go out on loan at Christmas and that would allow us to bring in either an experienced striker or centre half .  

12 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Of the two I imagine Young is the more realistic long term option which is why I would keep him. Noticed he's managed to make a couple of midweek Newcastle games which might go in our favour.

Looking to next season Syla, Smith and Dempsey are all signed up,  and we've got an option on Murdoch although as harsh as it seems I would let him leave.

I agree about Murdoch, he hasn’t been the same player since he did the acl the last time. He was getting closer to his original form but it’s gonna be a real challenge for him to get close to that now. 

How do people feel about Ahui starting the next few games and getting a run in the team? Was he better than Mcallister 

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I agree about Murdoch, he hasn’t been the same player since he did the acl the last time. He was getting closer to his original form but it’s gonna be a real challenge for him to get close to that now. 

How do people feel about Ahui starting the next few games and getting a run in the team? Was he better than Mcallister 

Think he deserves the next game, at least, after yesterday’s performance.

18 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Ahui defended well yesterday. He still looks a bit of a bombscare with the ball at his feet though. Maybe it's just nerves and there's potential there hopefully. Hard to tell after one decent game if he's an upgrade i think. Only a run in the team will decide that.

I'm not convinced yet.