The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Peil said:

Reading probably forgot to recall Senga.
Situation there is a bomb scare, looks like the owners just walked away and left wages unpaid

They also had their game called off because a fan invasion 

eta- if I was him I wouldn’t want to go back there

Edited by ryanayr1987

Not sure if I get the clamour over Bowyer, just pipped QP to the title and played some very average football with Dundee at times making hard work of things. 

Not sure his style of football would be much different to Bullen and don't think he'd receive big enough backing that he'd be looking for.

34 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Not sure if I get the clamour over Bowyer, just pipped QP to the title and played some very average football with Dundee at times making hard work of things.

His job was to win the league. Winning the league is what he did. That it wasn't glamorous is potentially a positive.

Of course Hopkin also won the league, but the general consensus appears to be that this was quite literally fraud

45 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Not sure if I get the clamour over Bowyer, just pipped Ayr United to the title and played some very average football with Dundee at times making hard work of things. 

Not sure his style of football would be much different to Bullen and don't think he'd receive big enough backing that he'd be looking for.

FTFY

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

His job was to win the league. Winning the league is what he did. That it wasn't glamorous is potentially a positive.

Of course Hopkin also won the league, but the general consensus appears to be that this was quite literally fraud

Hopkin didn’t even win it. 

Bowyer won the league with a squad that largely wasn’t his own and ground out results in big matches. He also united a fan base and from what Dundee fans have said was an excellent man manager. 

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Bullens job was to keep us in the league. He did that. Then finished 2nd the following season. It wasn’t glamorous. Almost everybody here hated it and wanted him out - even before the disaster of this season unfolded.

I’d rather not have any more turgid fitba and have a product that justifies the 3hr round trip and £20 ticket. 

1 minute ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Bullens job was to keep us in the league. He did that. Then finished 2nd the following season. It wasn’t glamorous. Almost everybody here hated it and wanted him out - even before the disaster of this season unfolded.

I’d rather not have any more turgid fitba and have a product that justifies the 3hr round trip and £20 ticket. 

I didn't hate finishing 2nd. However, I hated the playoffs. They were disgustingly bad and should have been a sacking offence.

32 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

The calls for Bullen to go after finishing second were unjustified and that’s the problem of those on here. 

I’d far rather win ugly than do whatever the f**k it is we’ve been doing this season. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The calls for Bullen to go after finishing second were unjustified and that’s the problem of those on here. 

I’d far rather win ugly than do whatever the f**k it is we’ve been doing this season. 

Fair enough. I’m not fussed about how we survive this year tbh. Ugly or not. I should’ve caveated that.

My concern is that for next season, when hopefully we’re in a far better position league wise, we’re not stuck with a manager who will serve up the same dross week in week out and told to lump it cos it gets results. 

Binning Bullen after finishing 2nd would have been nuts, but that doesn’t mean there weren’t developing concerns about how we played during his tenure.  Those concerns have really blown up this season to the point that no amount of community engagement could cover up a clear lack of progress on the pitch.  I’m afraid there are just too many, including the VoR who chose not to see because he was such a likeable guy.  

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The last third of last season was turgid to watch, not even including the playoffs. Obviously you can't fire someone for finishing 2nd,and it was less a case of wanting him punted as seeing the writing on the wall and how this season would play out. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wouldn’t have said unjustified, and it was only after the partick debacle happened most wanted him gone.  

The football he played after we lost chalmers was absolutely shite and that started around the end of November/early December that started. The only reason second was possible was because we had an ace up our sleeve with dipo and we fluked a last minute winner 

21 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I wouldn’t have said unjustified, and it was only after the partick debacle happened most wanted him gone.  

The football he played after we lost chalmers was absolutely shite and that started around the end of November/early December that started. The only reason second was possible was because we had an ace up our sleeve with dipo and we fluked a last minute winner 

Of course they were unjustified, the guy took over a team battling relegation and then finished second the next season - despite having a target of somewhere around mid table. 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

We were 3 minutes and a disallowed goal from ICT from finishing 5th and not even getting the playoffs, Dipos goals papered over the cracks.

Absolutely - tiny margins but ultimately a mid table finish was what was expected last season.