The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Stephen McGowan I would say is up there with Scott Burns in terms of usually being reliable 

If Mathie is saying there are still interviews less than an hour ago, they have either made him an offer and are waiting for pen to paper...or...Browns agent has leaked his name to try and get a bit of traction. 

2 hours ago, Nelson said:

Yep, it took 40 years to find another manager who was successful enough to be wanted by another team.  Pretty remarkable really.

However since the Ally move to Motherwell we have had managers whom other clubs wanted but did not get. In his time at Ayr Alex Stuart knocked back Dundee and Aberdeen. Willie McLean knocked back Kilmarnock to remain at Ayr. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Skimmed a look at the papers when I was out there. Bullen mourning still happening. This time by the bold Bill Leckie 

17059458980023122240489055620938.jpg

This is getting stupid now...he was sacked about a week ago and this is STILL going on even in National newspapers.

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

This is getting stupid now...he was sacked about a week ago and this is STILL going on even in National newspapers.

If Bill Leckie has seen Ayr play even once since Bullen took over I'll eat my hat. More lazy journalism from a guy who actually does'nt have a clue what's going on at our club. 🗑️

7 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Having been the one that brought up the training facilities in the first place, I do agree with the above. However as I said, in the medium-long term, finding our own facility should be on the agenda.

I am all too aware there isn't a magic money tree and David Smith deserves a huge amount of credit for the infrastructure he is putting in place, but a decent training facility is something which could very well be the difference between a player signing for us and signing for someone else. Players want to feel like they are working in a professional environment and the stadium/training ground is a big part of the player's first impression. 

At our walking football sessions at Toryglen we quite often watch Partick Thistle training sessions on the public pitches there , think a good deal of clubs in our league train at public facilities 

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Fully expecting a 24 page pullout in this week's Ayrshire Post. Pics of Bullen at Christmas dinners, old folks homes, school's 😂

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Fully expecting a 24 page pullout in this week's Ayrshire Post. Pics of Bullen at Christmas dinners, old folks homes, school's 😂

By all accounts he was actually a great find to bring to the club. Just in entirely the wrong role. Hence - sacked.

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Skimmed a look at the papers when I was out there. Bullen mourning still happening. This time by the bold Bill Leckie 

Ayr United were 9th when he arrived and 9th when he departed. Progression. 

The Bullen lovefest is getting very strange. 

Unless it's to do with the Old Firm, do folk in Scottish football media pay attention to results and general sentiment towards performances at all?

Utterly bizarre.

18 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Another thing I really dislike too was that Dipo dragged us to second when we had Kirk, Mullin and Murdoch last season too who were all comfortably better than players of this years team.

Albinsons contribution has also been forgotten after his performances this season 

43 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I feel dumber for having read this garbage

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

As a young boy I thought Dalziel was successful but as you get older you realise what could have been done with Barr's money with a better manger he also turned out to be a bit of a p***k as well.

I met Gordon Dalziel in Motherwell circa 1998 whilst doing the most horrific student summer job of door to door sales. I didn’t have anything other than a £1 note to get his autograph so that’s what we did. 1 week later (I was a student and had chucked the door to door sales after 4 days) I was so skint that I managed to sell the £1 note to @Utdtillidie2 for £1.30. Kerching! 2 weeks later he was skint enough to sell it back to me for £1.20. The famous note was last seen going into a till in the arches 6 months later during a ‘hazy’ night out. These days I’m pretty sure he would devalue a blank bit of paper by signing it.