The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Think that was Liam Smith when we went to Dundee United

Thistle did the dirty with Doc as well . So we them nowt .

AP saying Brown wants to keep Clarke, Sanders, Chalmers and Dowds and I believe we’ve made them all offers to stay amongst other players. 

Reckon we’ll focus on getting those four tied up as a starter then move on to other targets.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

AP saying Brown wants to keep Clarke, Sanders, Chalmers and Dowds and I believe we’ve made them all offers to stay amongst other players. 

Reckon we’ll focus on getting those four tied up as a starter then move on to other targets.

hoping he intends only to bring Clarke in as  backup. Anyhow, glad to know that we're taking steps now to build the squad.

2 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

hoping he intends only to bring Clarke in as  backup. Anyhow, glad to know that we're taking steps now to build the squad.

If he’s signing Clarke it’ll be to be first choice. I don’t have an issue with that. He’s 19 years old so will get better with time. 

Definitely feel more comfortable with the idea of Clarke with Timmins back. Don't know if there's a huge amount between him and Mutch right now but Clarke has age on his side.

Just now, super_carson said:

Definitely feel more comfortable with the idea of Clarke with Timmins back. Don't know if there's a huge amount between him and Mutch right now but Clarke has age on his side.

The save by Josh Clarke in the first half against Airdrie is still fresh in my memory. Unreal - that lad has a future in the game.

In terms of new signings I wonder if we’d look at Max Kilsby. Just been released by Carlisle and has spent time out on loan at Annan and QOS. Predominantly a left back but I think he can play as a left sided centre back as well. One to develop whilst giving us some cover at the back. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Suspicious Futurama GIF

Gives you a pretty good spine right through the team from back to front if we got all of them back.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If he’s signing Clarke it’ll be to be first choice. I don’t have an issue with that. He’s 19 years old so will get better with time. 

Particularly if it’s on a permanent, as he has plenty of potential. 

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

He is a decent bit better than Mutch IMO. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

In terms of new signings I wonder if we’d look at Max Kilsby. Just been released by Carlisle and has spent time out on loan at Annan and QOS. Predominantly a left back but I think he can play as a left sided centre back as well. One to develop whilst giving us some cover at the back.

Have you some insider info on this ?

16 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Have you some insider info on this ?

No, I just noticed that some clubs down South are releasing their retained lists for next season and he was on Carlisles. I remember seeing him for Annan in the playoffs and thinking he was decent. Seemed to earn good reviews at the time. Plus Timmins coming back might mean he recommends one or two. 

I think Brown will have his own ideas on recruiting. I think Bullen relied very heavily on the scouting data as it was there. Brown might end up doing that as well but I can’t see us taking seven or eight punts on unknown players. One or two maybe but I think we’ll be after more established players. 

I'm not 100% on Clarke but he's young, has pulled off a few worldies and Timmins has improved every keeper we have had in his time at the club, if we retain those 4 especially Dowdes it's a great start just need to look at the central midfielders full backs and another striker hopefully they will provide the pace and quality that Brown talked about.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dryhorce is that you?

No, I just noticed that some clubs down South are releasing their retained lists for next season and he was on Carlisles. I remember seeing him for Annan in the playoffs and thinking he was decent. Seemed to earn good reviews at the time. Plus Timmins coming back might mean he recommends one or two. 

So this information would suggest he’d be a loan from Carlisle if he came on board with us ? I’d be hoping we’d be getting in as many permanent signings as possible before we dabble in the loans market. 

3 minutes ago, railwayend said:

So this information would suggest he’d be a loan from Carlisle if he came on board with us ? I’d be hoping we’d be getting in as many permanent signings as possible before we dabble in the loans market. 

He’s been released. The retained list shows a list of players under contract and players who have been released. 

5 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I understand what you got mixed up but he's been released.