The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, eez-eh said:

The year is 2035, Mark McKenzie - now a goalkeeper - is about to make his record-breaking 588th Ayr United appearance.

An attacking goalkeeper.

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

So in the league at least a goal contribution every 12 games

He’s not miles off it. I like McKenzie he’s a 6/7 out of ten every week and he doesn’t shy away like others. He’s not flashy but does a job and tries every time he’s on the pitch 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

The year is 2035, Mark McKenzie - now a goalkeeper - is about to make his record-breaking 588th Ayr United appearance.

Having just mastered his new role as a centre mid 🤣

4 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

So in the league at least a goal contribution every 12 games

10 goals in 63 league starts though can be spun the other way, especially as the vast majority wouldn't have been as a centre forward...

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

He's quite the enigma. Probably end up Ayr's record appearance holder but never have a sniff of another club after him.

Good point - tbf a lot of clubs seem to have folk like that - playing their 300th game for the club and as an opposing fan you have a vague idea who they are just from the name 

My first ever visit to Ochilview tonight. 

Nice little bar under the Norway stand, tiny in fact, but very welcoming and plenty of pennants from visiting teams over the years. 

Bit of chat with Craig Telfer, nice guy and was pretty positive about what he's seen of us so far this season. 

Scotch pies were on point, perfectly seasoned and not swimming in grease. 

Good win on a summer's evening. 

All in all a pleasant way to spend a Tuesday

Edited by Peil

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He's quite the enigma. Probably end up Ayr's record appearance holder but never have a sniff of another club after him.

St jonstone were rumoured to be looking at him last summer I’m sure unless random guy  was just looking at  random players 

10 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

St jonstone were rumoured to be looking at him last summer I’m sure unless random guy  was just looking at  random players 

Probably after his wonder strike put them out of the cup this time last year ⚽

First time I've seen that not given to Dempsey  - Maybe Oakley might end up getting the credit for the goal v Falkirk eventually 

Screenshot_20240723_231522_Google.jpg

Edited by Hursty

29 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Obviously a game out somewhere between the 2 sites - one involving a goal scored !

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Probably after his wonder strike put them out of the cup this time last year ⚽

The 2nd goal from St Johnstone is the difference as transfermarkt gave it to Dempsey.

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He’s 37 and  tortoise can move faster

I’d still love to know what value he’s adding. Not saying he’s not and it’s difficult to make tangible but would still love to know/have an vague idea.

5 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I’d still love to know what value he’s adding. Not saying he’s not and it’s difficult to make tangible but would still love to know/have a vague idea.

He’s probably helping the club decide what youths we sign for the first team, helping with coaching and other Director of football/sporting directors duties. I don’t think he’s useless and he has a winning mentality. As a player he’s done though 

eta- surprised he’s not announced he’s retired and only doing his dof duties tbh

Edited by ryanayr1987