The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, railwayend said:

Yup . Falkirk’s weakness is they are underpowered. Good footballing side for sure but very like Raith , too light weight . Livingston , still unbeaten will power into the frame soon enough . I also think we won’t be trying to play Falkirk at their own game again .  Long long winter just round the corner …..

Ffs playing Falkirk at their own game! 😂😂😂 I have watched McGlynn’s Falkirk for two and a half seasons now and not once have I seen us just hoof it from back to front like Browns Ayr side did today especially first half. The mental thing was first half you were hoofing it to two 6’3” Falkirk CH’s.

Every set of opposition fans have under estimated us. Suits us fine. FWIW I am one of the few Falkirk fans who thought Rus was decent in spells today but if he gets injured you are in right bother. Seen Ayr twice now and we have been better in both games. Best side we have faced so far has been Queens Park. Livingston will be tough I agree. We are certainly not lightweight and won today in 2nd gear without Morrison, MacIver and our captain Donaldson. Ayr bleating about injuries tells me despite what they have shelled out on their squad it is either not good enough or the manager is poor. Suspect a bit of both. 

7 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Not one shot on target from inside the box. 

Both goals were from Watret being wide open on the right. 

Goalie definitely at fault for the first, should have been able to get there first

Listening to what the Falkirk fans are saying, it seems Ayr showed great resilience to hold the reincarnation of the 1970 Brazil team to two goals.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Listening to what the Falkirk fans are saying, it seems Ayr showed great resilience to hold the reincarnation of the 1970 Brazil team to two goals.

Think it was more that we were playing against the reincarnation of the 1974 Zaire team.

22 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Goalie definitely at fault for the first, should have been able to get there first

The power puff midfielder and the doapy superstar right back are at fault. The midget slipped 

Edited by BPM

Top of the league yet still didn’t bring 1000 fans…………think they are rightly the wee team in Ayrshire with the likes of Irvine Meadow & Auchinleck better supported. 

Also interesting to hear Broonie’s  post match confirm this with reference to his side being spooked by size of crowd.

12 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Very sensible @D'Jaffo and quite correct in what you say: titles are not won in October. Every team will struggle with injuries and the winter is a right old slog for most teams. Falkirk bodied us today and fair play to them, we will bounce back and will learn from it. Brown has quite rightly taken the blame for this one, he picks the team and sets the tone before they go on the park and obviously didn't do a good job of either. 

100% they are not won then but the league title can be lost by then and it is already down to only three clubs who can win it. Everyone below the top teams will cut each others throats week in week out as there is not one team that look capable of putting a sustained run together outside Ayr, Falkirk and Livingston. 

Just now, Kircer bairn said:

Top of the league yet still didn’t bring 1000 fans…………think they are rightly the wee team in Ayrshire with the likes of Irvine Meadow & Auchinleck better supported. 

Also interesting to hear Broonie’s  post match confirm this with reference to his side being spooked by size of crowd.

They remind me of Raith fans. Wee team syndrome 

11 minutes ago, Iain said:

Scott Brown's first words in the post match interview.

"Thought we were lucky to come away 2-0 if I'm honest, they had a lot of chances"

On 29/08/2024 at 22:08, Rb123 said:

They're all taking it line, bait and hook too.

Some clown saying about mind the gap, that the massive 1 place in the pyramid currently? 🤣

How is that pyramid gap looking now? 

Think we are getting close to 25 years that we’ve been above you now (apart from the embarrassing alphabetical order chat) though I could be wrong.

22 minutes ago, BPM said:

100% they are not won then but the league title can be lost by then and it is already down to only three clubs who can win it. Everyone below the top teams will cut each others throats week in week out as there is not one team that look capable of putting a sustained run together outside Ayr, Falkirk and Livingston. 

I'd agree with that. I think everyone else is playing for the final play off place. Raith or Partick the most likely to claim it. At the other end, Airdrie need to start turning things around soon.

7 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

I'd agree with that. I think everyone else is playing for the final play off place. Raith or Partick the most likely to claim it. At the other end, Airdrie need to start turning things around soon.

I think the knee jerk reaction to write everyone off is wild. I really don’t think you can be writing off the likes of Partick, who were one of the favourites at the start of the season. 

Things can turn very quickly in this division, and the league has barely started. 

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think the knee jerk reaction to write everyone off is wild. I really don’t think you can be writing off the likes of Partick, who were one of the favourites at the start of the season. 

Things can turn very quickly in this division, and the league has barely started. 

Agree with this, Thistle can come right back into it , too many good players . I also think Rovers and Queens are turning the corner , slowly in the case of Rovers .

On our debacle yesterday , that was Browns second howler of the season, the first being the subs at Stenhousemuir which cost us progression in the league cup . He is a young manager still finding his feet and he’ll make mistakes for sure .I think we’ll be a bit less touchy feely and a bit more powerful and aggressive moving forward . Starting on Saturday . No excuses against Peterhead . I looking for a marker getting laid down  . 

As our injured players return, particularly McMann and Murphy we should start to turn our 1-1 draws into 2-1 wins . Hopefully this will keep us in the hunt until the window .

With Real Grangemouth playing their two games in hand in the next six days, it will give us a clearer picture on where they are and indeed where we are in the table ! 

46 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As I've said previously I think we'll finish mid table and others will improve.  Livi will win it. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

As I've said previously I think we'll finish mid table and others will improve.  Livi will win it. 

It’s possible - but I think with McMann returning and a decent striker in January we’ll be top three. To push on any further I think we need a lot of luck with injuries. Particularly with Murphy, Henderson and Rus as the drop off there is wild. 

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s possible - but I think with McMann returning and a decent striker in January we’ll be top three. To push on any further I think we need a lot of luck with injuries. Particularly with Murphy, Henderson and Rus as the drop off there is wild. 

Yes, a lot relies on McMann coming in and performing highly.  Takes McCalister out the team and by christ we need that part desperately.  But also we need Stanger to just defend, do not run with the ball do not attempt to pass it because he is abysmal at both.  

I wish we were playing hoofball like the Falkirk fans said because the two idiot centre backs we had yesterday wouldn't have been passing the ball to players who were marked by two men constantly 

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yes, a lot relies on McMann coming in and performing highly.  Takes McCalister out the team and by christ we need that part desperately.  But also we need Stanger to just defend, do not run with the ball do not attempt to pass it because he is abysmal at both.  

I wish we were playing hoofball like the Falkirk fans said because the two idiot centre backs we had yesterday wouldn't have been passing the ball to players who were marked by two men constantly 

With McMann out I think Stanger is expected to be the defender to try and play the ball more and as you say he isn’t suited to it. When he dribbles forward it’s like a giraffe on skates.