The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
7 minutes ago, Thumper said:
Farewell, topless ladies. Farewell.

Talking of that, is Calvin Ayre still involved in the club? Something makes me think him and Dave Smith would rub each other the wrong way.

He has nothing to do with club apart from giving us money to sponsor the shirt , 

He has nothing to do with club apart from giving us money to sponsor the shirt , 
For one I'm pleased about that, I know at times folk have hoped he'd pump some more money in to the club but the guy would be a liability if he had any real stroke in the club.

4 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yeah, it was the pull of Ayr cental that destroyed where the old Woolworths was, turning into a glorified garden won't work in my opinion. Now both Debenhams and H&m have gone 🙄

Shops are too expensive to rent in Ayr.😔

Wasn't that long ago you could buy your Ayr shirt up Kyle Street (before Ayr Central) Beano Magazine out John Menzies for 50p and a wee walk towards Woolworths, past the Rangers store to flip the birdie at its staff, whilst munching on Dinki Dohnuts bought in the Forum. 

😩 What has happened to this town!?!? 

M&S should move up to where Debenhams was and put a big M&S Foodhall/Cafe in the H&M nextdoor and the bottom of the town from M&S and beyond should be flattened and turned into residential flats/recreational area down at the river. As long as the flats are given to people who need them and not junkies, could have put people from the riverside tower blocks in them, the people who live there would actually spend money on Ayr High Street. High street is too big for the modern society amount of shops. 

Pie in the sky stuff though and something too sensible to ever happen, last thing i heard was the H&M is to be bought by GOV DWP and turned into a massive job centre, just what you need there.... and likely this burns house plot is going to be a boarded off area of weedland for the next 5 years like the old woolworths site has become, no idea why council commissioned the demolition of those offices without a plan in for redevelopment of the land.

Edited by rb123!

50 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
56 minutes ago, Thumper said:
Farewell, topless ladies. Farewell.

Talking of that, is Calvin Ayre still involved in the club? Something makes me think him and Dave Smith would rub each other the wrong way.

He sponsored the away shirt so one would assume he is still involved 

4 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Good. They're shit. 

As supermarkets go they are probably up there with the best of them. 

There is a reason they site their stores in places like Helensburgh, Newton Mearns, Morningside and Milngavie. People with more money than sense will happily pay way over the odds, for the same shite they could get in any other supermarket.

It's where the middle classes can have a shopping experience, without having to mix with working class scum.

Alloway/Doonfoot would have been ideal for them

14 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Alloway/Doonfoot would have been ideal for them

I live in Troon and I'm gunning for a local Aldi 😂

Though I swear the last time I was in Aldi, there was an older couple in the queue in front of me, clearly from the upper class of society looking down on me, packing their shopping into M&S bags. 😂

12 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I predict this will be a wee star for every major trophy Ayr have won.

Oh how sad you must be living in the past , you are only on here because your team were the second worst team in the league you performed in last year and dropped down , you must be really proud of them , time for you to fvck off , better get back to your bed as your sister will be getting lonely 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

M&S should move up to where Debenhams was and put a big M&S Foodhall/Cafe in the H&M nextdoor and the bottom of the town from M&S and beyond should be flattened and turned into residential flats/recreational area down at the river. As long as the flats are given to people who need them and not junkies, could have put people from the riverside tower blocks in them, the people who live there would actually spend money on Ayr High Street. High street is too big for the modern society amount of shops. 

Pie in the sky stuff though and something too sensible to ever happen, last thing i heard was the H&M is to be bought by GOV DWP and turned into a massive job centre, just what you need there.... and likely this burns house plot is going to be a boarded off area of weedland for the next 5 years like the old woolworths site has become, no idea why council commissioned the demolition of those offices without a plan in for redevelopment of the land.

Any store that needs deliveries in a 40 footer will never move in to the high street, M&S have a loading bay in the corner but none of the other shops have. The only thing driving folk to that end of the town is M&S.

having all the entertainment in one area might boost some pubs, being able to go in to the town centre to the cinema on the train or the Gaiety, or a leisure complex and then out to a restaurant or bar means Ayr could be an event night out before folk head to Prestwick.

Having a football team in the town attracting 50-500 away fans a week can boost this as well.

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

The way the strip is being revealed is different to recent years , filmed last week don’t believe any new player was involved 

it’s not naked men this year is it? 
not sure a pair of pendulous bollocks is a good marketing ploy. 

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

I predict this will be a wee star for every major trophy Ayr have won.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Oh how sad you must be living in the past , you are only on here because your team were the second worst team in the league you performed in last year and dropped down , you must be really proud of them , time for you to fvck off , better get back to your bed as your sister will be getting lonely 

bbc two robot GIF by BBC

38 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Good grief, handbags already. To think we have four (as in "4") seasons of this sophisticated badenage ahead. Can't wait.

The soap dodgers have invaded us, reckon this special touch to the strip will probably be a thank you NHS thing or thank you supporters or something

Nothing too exciting

Edited by rb123!

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The soap dodgers have invaded us, reckon this special touch to the strip will probably be a thank you NHS thing or thank you supporters or something

Nothing too exciting

As much as the NHS do a  fantastic job, I'd hope we wouldnt go down that route. Virtue signalling at its best