The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

Is Reading not likely to play further forward than Maxwell?  I was sure that Reading was played at LM for the u21s.  

Yes, he played in front of Harvie in the U21's.

I also forgot about McAllister who seems to be quite highly regarded so all in all we seem to be getting there.

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

Is Reading not likely to play further forward than Maxwell?  I was sure that Reading was played at LM for the u21s.  

He did play left mid for the U21's , so it is possible that could be the plan . Or given Maxwell's goals return it could be vice versa .

2 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

He did play left mid for the U21's , so it is possible that could be the plan . Or given Maxwell's goals return it could be vice versa .

Either way it should mean that one of them can get forward without being compromised defensively.  Hopefully.  

I think his agent wrote the VORs article as well….hopefully the boy is as good as the person doing his PR

Against Stranraer, Fjortoft played in front of the back 2 in possession and in a back 3 out of possession, Muirhead did the same in the last 2 games. The full backs didn’t go forward much.

playing that way we can defend as a back 5, counter attack as a back 3 or retain possession as a back 4.

plenty of options to change things*

*defensively 

35 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Baird, Chalmers, Moffat, Hewitt, Miller, Albinson, McKenzie

Squad really starting to take shape now when you look at it like that.

Still maybe needing a couple (midfield and striker) but not too bad at all.

Yup, central midfielder and striker and that’s us IMO. 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think his agent wrote the VORs article as well….hopefully the boy is as good as the person doing his PR

Against Stranraer, Fjortoft played in front of the back 2 in possession and in a back 3 out of possession, Muirhead did the same in the last 2 games. The full backs didn’t go forward much.

playing that way we can defend as a back 5, counter attack as a back 3 or retain possession as a back 4.

plenty of options to change things*

*defensively 

Yup - Muirhead noticeably dropped in to make a back three at times, certainly gives us options. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Given we play with 3 centre backs at any one time and 2 wingbacks it’s actually normal to have more defenders than any other positions. Also given that some of those defenders I.e Reading, Maxwell, Muirhead, McAllister will play elsewhere when needed and there’s no real issue here.

Thanks for playing though.

It’s ‘normal’ to have 10 (ten) defenders in a lower Championship squad?

It’s ‘normal’ to have 10 (ten) defenders in a lower Championship squad?

If you play with 5 defenders at a time and when some of them can cover other positions then I don’t really see an issue. We’ve got just enough players to fill all the positions and have cover in other positions.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If you play with 5 defenders at a time and when some of them can cover other positions then I don’t really see an issue. We’ve got just enough players to fill all the positions and have cover in other positions.

Aye, Hopkin likes a big squad…

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

This was surely expected. 

Fantastic wee model oor Daire. 

20210728164334.jpg

You boys need help…