The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

McCall has previous for turning around the fortunes of a former promising player who has lost his way slightly. Hopefully the same will happen if we sign Muirhead.
Would be great to have a face or two in before the game tomorrow, need a big reaction against Dundee utd after the horror show of last Saturday.

9 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Bit of a bad week for you guys with your big team getting beat tonight.

17 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Ayr will never recover from getting hammered by The Talbot. We all knew they were bad but that was something else. They even had butchers apron flags.

sawers3.thumb.jpg.f25e130ae02ebfad2a91efe1f2a41dd0.jpg

7 minutes ago, AuAl said:

McCall has previous for turning around the fortunes of a former promising player who has lost his way slightly. Hopefully the same will happen if we sign Muirhead.
Would be great to have a face or two in before the game tomorrow, need a big reaction against Dundee utd after the horror show of last Saturday.

He knows his way around Somerset, he's got good experience and leadership qualities and he should be in his prime from an age perspective. We're also missing that bit of steel and aggression in the team, so all in all I think if McCall can get him back on track then he could turn out to be a great signing.

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He knows his way around Somerset, he's got good experience and leadership qualities and he should be in his prime from an age perspective. We're also missing that bit of steel and aggression in the team, so all in all I think if McCall can get him back on track then he could turn out to be a great signing.

It’s possible. He tends to be guy making the desperate last ditch tackle that people love, but it’s often his lack of positional discipline that created the situation in the first place.

He increasingly caused confusion when he played. He would shout the odds at everyone, and would then just wander off out of position, or not track the man he was supposed to be marking. Giving it 100% was never an issue with Muirhead. Getting him to stick to the position he was meant to be playing was increasingly difficult.

If he comes to you, just pray there is no attempt to play him at right back.

19 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s possible. He tends to be guy making the desperate last ditch tackle that people love, but it’s often his lack of positional discipline that created the situation in the first place.

He increasingly caused confusion when he played. He would shout the odds at everyone, and would then just wander off out of position, or not track the man he was supposed to be marking. Giving it 100% was never an issue with Muirhead. Getting him to stick to the position he was meant to be playing was increasingly difficult.

If he comes to you, just pray there is no attempt to play him at right back.

Just humour us, please ??

We're going through a bit of a tough time at the moment and need some crumb of comfort to cling to !!!

I don't think the comparisons with Kerr are fair tbh, Kerr was still a decent player but imo needed a partner in midfield who would allow him to spray the ball about. We had lost that in our side after Vaulks left so he got caught out a lot. I wasn't surprised to see him do well for Ayr.

Muirhead had a good couple of years for us but has been abysmal for the past 2 seasons. He has this annoying quality of always wanting the ball but is incapable of passing the ball 4 yards to a teammate so either passes to the opposition or just lumps it up the park.

That said, I think he needed a change from Falkirk, he wasn't suited for being captain and I think if played as a no nonsense centre back he can be a solid player in this division.

Get him on your penalties though!

Edited by ilostmyself

27 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I don't think the comparisons with Kerr are fair tbh, Kerr was still a decent player but imo needed a partner in midfield who would allow him to spray the ball about. We had lost that in our side after Vaulks left so he got caught out a lot. I wasn't surprised to see him do well for Ayr.

Muirhead had a good couple of years for us but has been abysmal for the past 2 seasons. He has this annoying quality of always wanting the ball but is incapable of passing the ball 4 yards to a teammate so either passes to the opposition or just lumps it up the park.

That said, I think he needed a change from Falkirk, he wasn't suited for being captain and I think if played as a no nonsense centre back he can be a solid player in this division.

Get him on your penalties though!

I think partially to finger point Kerr was the way Hartley stuck him and Miller out to be scapegoats. Ayr have got the last drains of play out of him by doing what we should've done in either getting 60 odd mins out of him or the last 20-30mins to take the heat out the game. The way he killed the game in the 3-2 defeat through at Ayr was a masterclass from him.

I have a feeling Muirhead if signs will come good at Ayr, a change sometimes can be good for a player, a lot our Hartley walk the plank players have had relative success since leaving, still think Ayr need a goalie to push higher

I think partially to finger point Kerr was the way Hartley stuck him and Miller out to be scapegoats. Ayr have got the last drains of play out of him by doing what we should've done in either getting 60 odd mins out of him or the last 20-30mins to take the heat out the game. The way he killed the game in the 3-2 defeat through at Ayr was a masterclass from him.
I have a feeling Muirhead if signs will come good at Ayr, a change sometimes can be good for a player, a lot our Hartley walk the plank players have had relative success since leaving, still think Ayr need a goalie to push higher

We’ve arguably got the best goalkeeper in the league.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Lol wut.

Doohans kept 16 clean sheets this year. Made one mistake the entire season. We need quality in the wide areas. Our keeper is the least of our worries :lol: