The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s a difference between panic buying and switching to a different target to react to injuries. They’ll have reports compiled for players in positions that they won’t be actively looking for so it’s not as if they’ll have to go through a huge drawn out process to identity someone to come in. 

There’s been a huge overreaction to these injuries imo. It’s a big blow but people were acting earlier as if the club were just going to accept it and not do anything about it. There’s ages left to bring players in and a lot can happen before the first deadline in a week or so. 

Agreed on the first part.

There isn’t ages left to bring players in though, as we basically need people in immediately following the injuries. We already did tbh, but this exacerbates it.

Saying that - fair play to the club if they have someone in tomorrow, if they are any good that is! Hopefully there will be another before Dundee United. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s been a huge overreaction to these injuries imo. It’s a big blow but people were acting earlier as if the club were just going to accept it and not do anything about it. There’s ages left to bring players in and a lot can happen before the first deadline in a week or so. 

I don't think you can have a huge overreaction to this news, this has thrown a massive spanner in the works.

Genuinely impressed that there are people not employed by the club who are buying the notion that signing whatever dregs are left after everyone else has done their business is just a sign of astute homework on Ayr United's behalf.

No proven strikers, two giant question marks at full back for the Nth season in a row, and now no fit central midfielders.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Genuinely impressed that there are people not employed by the club who are buying the notion that signing whatever dregs are left after everyone else has done their business is just a sign of astute homework on Ayr United's behalf.

No proven strikers, two giant question marks at full back for the Nth season in a row, and now no fit central midfielders.

The lack of reaction to that news in the interview, and Robbo on here late at night teasing a signing.

This is less a case of everything is fine carry on and more oh f**k we're fucked don't draw attention to it.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The lack of reaction to that news in the interview, and Robbo on here late at night teasing a signing.

This is less a case of everything is fine carry on and more oh f**k we're fucked don't draw attention to it.

Unless we are about to make a signing that will have us forget Dempsey and Murdoch are injured

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

When you put it like that it does seem wild.

I'd imagine if something is getting announced tomorrow it's a loan

All the more senior midfielders in prem i thought we might have a chance on (Byrne/Alston) have been snapped up so don't see much else out there, maybe Jordan Tillson from Ross County but doubt it.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

In terms of Callum he’s a closet racist who has ingrained himself into the fibres of the club and should be punted into the sea asap 

What's this then?

If we're announcing a central midfielder tomorrow then that could suggest at least one of these injuries is going to be long term. 

I joked the other day about wanting to see Smith and Pendlebury in a midfield two, never did I think it was going to happen in our very next match!

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There is plenty smaller teams than Ayr with a better social media presence. 

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

You make it sound like unpaid social media is a black art. There are bakeries with five staff who do a better job of it. As was recently noted, international powerhouse Stranraer FC somehow manage to make a good go of it despite only having electrified in the 90s.

3 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

Why couldn't we get some media students from the uni or college to do it, which wouldn't be as expensive as a full time social media manager?  Also, look at Raith Rovers, a club similar in size and budget to us, who have a social media manager and their content is streets ahead of ours, and has resulted in lots of publicity for them. If we can do the social media aspect spot on then any cost for a dedicated social media manager would be more than worth it in terms of what it can bring.

As much as I detest it, social media has a huge influence on the younger generations and is key to growing our presence and support. The fact that we are shite at promoting the club through these mediums is embarrassing. It really wouldn’t take a lot to (I’m going to use young peoples vernacular) “make us lit”. Anyway, my horlicks is getting cold and it’s late.

7 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

If we're announcing a central midfielder tomorrow then that could suggest at least one of these injuries is going to be long term. 

I joked the other day about wanting to see Smith and Pendlebury in a midfield two, never did I think it was going to happen in our very next match!

Both long term. Several months

14 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

As much as I detest it, social media has a huge influence on the younger generations and is key to growing our presence and support. The fact that we are shite at promoting the club through these mediums is embarrassing. It really wouldn’t take a lot to (I’m going to use young peoples vernacular) “make us lit”. Anyway, my horlicks is getting cold and it’s late.

We're doing alright on Tiktok tbh