The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

The only thing I don’t agree with is that we aren’t a million miles off it - I think we are, so many issues and just inept all over the place. Partick are going to ragdoll us and I have no faith that the recruitment Bullen is talking about will be any good. 

Our real issue is no decent manager is going to touch us with the standard of player being recruited - it’ll need to change completely to get any decent options. I think we also need to think about the previous club Glendinning was at too and how they were relegated..

I think if we recruit a target man striker and revert back to shitfesting games then we’ll at least pick up points. We’ve got three defensive midfielders so we should be able to battle it out in midfield. We absolutely do not have the players to dominate the ball and create chances that way. We might be able to use Chalmers or Amartey to hit teams on the counter and McGeady can maybe play a part that way as well if we can get him out of midfield and pushing higher. 

I think a tanking off of Thistle is inevitable regardless of what we do though. 

Even if we do improve, losing to thistle is almost inevitable- can’t think of what the atmosphere in the stadium will be like on that day. Won’t be a good day for the club as it could force them into a decision, although the club have to take some of the blame for how the team looks. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I think if we recruit a target man striker and revert back to shitfesting games then we’ll at least pick up points. We’ve got three defensive midfielders so we should be able to battle it out in midfield. We absolutely do not have the players to dominate the ball and create chances that way. We might be able to use Chalmers or Amartey to hit teams on the counter and McGeady can maybe play a part that way as well if we can get him out of midfield and pushing higher. 

I think a tanking off of Thistle is inevitable regardless of what we do though. 

Maybe - but I think the chances of signing a competent target man striker are slim. You then have the issue that it isn’t going to remotely suit Murphy or McGeady. It doesn’t suit Chalmers either but it’s not like they can possibly see less of the ball in the final third. If we can’t get that style of striker in, then I genuinely think we will be relegated. 

I agree we don’t have the players to dominate the ball and that is absolutely damning. 

I’m not sure I can go to the Thistle game, really can’t be doing with the negativity - it’ll be a horrible experience.

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Sorry but I don't buy this 'recruitment team' have fucked over Bullen chat.  

My understanding is that the 'team' is made up of a scout who identifies targets.  Bullen, who agrees/disagrees whether we should pursue the target and Mathie who makes the deal happen if possible.  

By playing a key role in the process how have others fucked this for him? 

It depends on what players are being identified for him. If he’s being presented with decent players but ignoring them in favour of shite players then it’s on him. If he’s only being presented with shite then it’s on the scout(s).

5 minutes ago, AUFC19100 said:

Even if we do improve, losing to thistle is almost inevitable- can’t think of what the atmosphere in the stadium will be like on that day. Won’t be a good day for the club as it could force them into a decision, although the club have to take some of the blame for how the team looks. 

Happily it’s on the telly, so a good few won’t bother attending.  I’ll probably be one of them.  At least I can have a beer and hide behind the couch.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, that was my reading. We may need to go more direct. What's that definition of insanity again?

Translation - I have no idea how to build a team that plays through the midfield despite signing a dozen players to play there over 2 and a bit seasons so I have decided just to blooter the ball over it again. 

I don’t have any personal issue with Bullen, so the nasty atmosphere just felt horrible.  He came to us with bags of enthusiasm, but in the end, he’s just another shot in the dark rookie appointment that hasn’t worked out, of which there have been too many over the last 40 years.  Part of the problem with the recruitment is that Bullen himself seems to have no contacts within the Scottish game or particularly beyond that he can pursue as his own signings.  Sounds like he’s just agreeing to whatever dross is being recommended to him.  

I literally cannot believe "we just need to run faster" was a phrase used in that post-match analysis.

There's no way this team will gel. There's an outright suspicion between some of them that their coworkers aren't worth passing to. They can't play out from the back and they no longer have anyone to hold it up at the front. His goose is cooked.

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Sounds like he’s just agreeing to whatever dross is being recommended to him.  

The worst part is that several of them were brought in sight unseen. That shouldn't be acceptable if they're coming from Jorge Mendes, let alone being plucked from reserve teams or public parks.

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Find it incredible that inexperience is being used as an excuse?

Why bother signing them then?

Presumably he thought the two 40 year olds you signed in the shape of McGeady and Murphy would help them.