The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

The away team bus aren't hanging about so their player can nip into hospitality to get a bottle of champagne and a wee chat as well :lol:

I remember being at Dingwall years ago and they announced Mark Campbell as the sponsors man of the match.

This league is mental and can change week to week. Appears though that our direct competitors for avoiding the bottom two spots will be ICT, Morton and probably QP if they keep Veldman for a while.

Interesting to see the drop off in Morton from the form they managed to hit at points last season.  

Edited by AuAl

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It may be a perfect storm, Queens Park having a bizarre set up and us playing Raith, whose number we had last season.

A 5-2 win is always good but we are still a long way from safety. Maybe we will get someone else in this week 

I doubt we will bring anyone else in unless ecrepont goes on loan and we bring in a left back but don’t see that happening. Strapp is still free I believe so doesn’t need to be signed before the deadline 

57 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I doubt we will bring anyone else in unless ecrepont goes on loan and we bring in a left back but don’t see that happening. Strapp is still free I believe so doesn’t need to be signed before the deadline 

I’d be disappointed if we wasted money on a left back right now. Reading has been absolutely fine and there are still more pressing matters to deal with. Could maybe do with a right back although it’s unlikely we’ll sign someone with McAllister, Watret and Ahui all here. Could maybe do with another forward option either out wide or up front. 

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be disappointed if we wasted money on a left back right now. Reading has been absolutely fine and there are still more pressing matters to deal with. Could maybe do with a right back although it’s unlikely we’ll sign someone with McAllister, Watret and Ahui all here. Could maybe do with another forward option either out wide or up front. 

I can’t see us adding to Amarty, Bryden, MCGeady, Rose, O’Dowd, Murphy, MacKenzie and Chalmers. That’s more options than most in this league.

12 hours ago, Shibuya said:

That pass from Rose!

It was one of the standout moments from the highlights along with Albinson’s throw out that set up Chalmers second and pretty much everything Murphy did.

Rose’s finish for his goal was also encouraging - he still had a lot to do when he received the ball. Hopefully a sign he is settling and the team are getting used to each other and playing together. We were lucky at how quickly Dipo settled last year even if the brains trust on here had marked him down as a dud after the  League Cup games.

27 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Rose’s finish for his goal was also encouraging - he still had a lot to do when he received the ball. Hopefully a sign he is settling and the team are getting used to each other and playing together. We were lucky at how quickly Dipo settled last year even if the brains trust on here had marked him down as a dud after the  League Cup games.

Despite people being quick to write him off I felt that he showed glimpses of talent in previous games. It looks like he prefers drifting out wide or running from deep which is why the lone striker role didn't suit him. Has decent movement particularly at set pieces and although a lot of his goals last season looked to be based on instinct, Fridays demonstrated a good bit of composure. Hopefully a confidence boost that he can take forward.