The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I know we’re used to getting screwed over but Dowds won’t go back to Firhill. Chalmers might end up being recalled but even then I’m not sure he’ll be a starter for Dundee United.

Priority in January is a permanent deal for Dowds and getting a centre back in to replace Musonda as he’ll be away for the AFCON. Hopefully Dempsey is back up and running by then and the midfield gets a bit stronger. As poor as this team is I still think we’re underachieving and that lies with Bullen. 

Should Dowds keep up his form and Graham picks up his annual injury then it might become more likely. Doolan doesn't strike me as the type where bridges get burned 

Wasn't at the game yesterday but saw the highlights and by the looks of things the collapse was on Bullen. I still think we have the quality to stay clear of a relegation fight but we won't touch the playoffs. 

Also I think the board have to start looking forward and think whether Bullen is the right person to take us to the next level, as while I don't think he's a bad manager by any means if we finish mid table this season we will arguably be no further forward on the park than last summer after we stayed up. If we could get a better manager in with plenty experience then Bullen should go in the summer.

20 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Should Dowds keep up his form and Graham picks up his annual injury then it might become more likely. Doolan doesn't strike me as the type where bridges get burned 

They have other options up top, Dowds was sent out on loan because he was surplus to requirements. No chance he goes back in January.

6 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

They have other options up top, Dowds was sent out on loan because he was surplus to requirements. No chance he goes back in January.

I understand why he was surplus to requirements at that point in time. If his current form continues then it's a different story. Unless there has been some sort of fall out behind the scenes it would be folly to ignore a striker in form 

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I understand why he was surplus to requirements at that point in time. If his current form continues then it's a different story. Unless there has been some sort of fall out behind the scenes it would be folly to ignore a striker in form 

This is the point though. I’m not privy to it but several people on here have alluded to it.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

This is the point though. I’m not privy to it but several people on here have alluded to it.

Aye it was all over Twitter last month with his agent making a bit of a tit of himself. He’s done at Thistle. I don’t think Doolan really rated him but it was McCall who gave him a two year deal last summer. 

48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it was all over Twitter last month with his agent making a bit of a tit of himself. He’s done at Thistle. I don’t think Doolan really rated him but it was McCall who gave him a two year deal last summer. 

McCall to come home and Dowds to kick on even more imo. 

58 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think we’ll get Dowds , maybe in the longer term , as long as we pay the rate . If money is out the equation, why would a west coast based players head over to Rovers or the Pars when he’s in a perfect environment with us ! In an ideal world we would be brining in his striking partner at Christmas, a player like Paton would be perfect but I’m not against another big lump . Would Goss at Annan be worth a go . Bearing in mind nobody was willing to give Dowds a chance before we did . 

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

That 2nd Queen’s Park goal is unreal.  Where was the defensive cover in front of Reading? Senga and Smith nowhere to be seen either

Young had to doo the runner . He won’t make that mistake again . Take a yellow and jobs done .

58 minutes ago, Nelson said:

That 2nd Queen’s Park goal is unreal.  Where was the defensive cover in front of Reading? Senga and Smith nowhere to be seen either.  

Reading was getting battered down that side when QP brought McPherson on to support Thomas. Ended up a 2v1 every time the ball came down that side. And you’ll still get people screaming at Reading for not attempting to make a tackle in that scenario. 

Senga looked like he had no idea where he was meant to be playing. Came on and looked like he was trying to support Bryden up top. Then dropped deeper but didn’t win a single second ball. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Reading was getting battered down that side when QP brought McPherson on to support Thomas. Ended up a 2v1 every time the ball came down that side. And you’ll still get people screaming at Reading for not attempting to make a tackle in that scenario. 

Senga looked like he had no idea where he was meant to be playing. Came on and looked like he was trying to support Bryden up top. Then dropped deeper but didn’t win a single second ball. 

And Bullen tried to help this by bringing McGeady on. I mean McGeady tried to get back in, but it never has and never will be his game to be good defensively. 

I actually can’t get over how angry I am with him after yesterday, and his comments afterwards have made it so much worse 😂 I just can’t fathom what he was thinking whatsoever. 

I think the entirety of the midfield was just completely lost as Bryden was so ineffective up front that they were just constantly getting caught in between, not doing very much. 

49 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Our home form is genuinely depressing. Can't buy a home win.

How many home wins have we had this calendar year? 

Hamilton, Elgin, Cove, Raith, Stenhousemuir, Alloa and Inverness? 

So 7 games and 1 of them wasn’t even at Somerset? 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I did actively campaign to play all home games in Cumnock but was shot down in flames.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah and discounting cup ties, I think it is 9 home wins since January 2022. 

9 home league wins in 22 months under Bullen.

If we go as far back as including Duffy and half of Hopkins time - It's only 13 home league wins since August 2021. 

13 wins from 42 home league games.