The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Cue an upturn in temperature and posts from folk saying that it would be fine.

Better to call it off today, it’s always a pain in the tits when it’s called off a few hours before. 

I'm sure I mind a game at home to Caley being called off around 1:45/2pm once.

a few unhappy highlanders that day

58 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

On the upside, at least we've been spared more anti-football at home. 

No home game in 5 weeks and will be 7 by the time we host Airdrie in a fortnight, means there must be a glutton of consecutive home games due....

Not good for the purse strings either with virtually zero income in 6 or 7 weeks for a football club...

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There was definitely a game v them near Christmas a few seasons back that got called off about 7pm on a Fri night! Grim as I was already there 🤣

20 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

TV game too. 

Yes was at home to Inverness on a Friday night, was supposed to be on BT but there was a storm so like 50mph gale force winds. Was "that" season in the championship and the week after we'd pumped Dundee United 5-0 i'm pretty sure so McCall was desperate to keep momentum going and the game being on but Inverness turned up and greeted to the ref Craig Thomson pretty infamously if i recall correctly

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There was definitely a game v them near Christmas a few seasons back that got called off about 7pm on a Fri night! Grim as I was already there 🤣

I was in Prague that night, went to my old local and asked them to put it on, they said no as there was a big Italian match on that night and they were expecting a load of Italians in. I had to run to another pub to make kick-off. 

Made it to Rocky O'Reillys and asked the barman in there, not a problem, took a seat in front of it and sat down with a beer, BBC Scotland channel, some programme of aerial footage of Scotland. I went over to ask him to turn it to BBC one thinking I had the wrong channel. It was at that point I checked my phone for the first time in an hour. Looked a right fanny, the pub was packed. 

41 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

A 93rd Minute Raith winner managed to keep us 6th. The luck on Bullen at the moment is second level.

2-0 against Arbroath in the rescheduled match, should it ever happen in a Scottish winter, will see the club clear in fifth.

Quite how that's going to work with no Dowds or Chalmers is another matter of course, but today went as well as it could have.

Hope Bullen's lucky dome applies to Scotland draws as well.