The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What Bullen chooses to call himself is irrelevant. Mathie is not a DOF. On every single occasion when he's had the opportunity to clarify his position he's made it clear that he is not involved in matchday activities. Mathie is ultimately responsible for managing Bullen (and the dozens of other playing-related staff) but not directly for any of the above listed activities (coaching, team selection, tactics, game management, recruitment and fitness). This is analogous to your Daniel Levys or Leanne Dempsters or Ed Woodwards. It is not difficult to understand. Now ultimately, if all this goes to shit, then Mathie (as the man keeping Bullen in a job) is ultimately responsible, but he is not picking players or formations or drawing up transfer options himself and nor should he. That is not a solution.

At the time it was Mathie who mentioned we were looking for a first team coach and he also mentioned this again after Bullen was hired. He has also spoken of the collegiate approach where they all sit around the table and discuss many footballing matters. Under the old way the manager would carry the can for everything and rightly so. As a club we aren't big enough to have a DOF so part of this falls into the MD remit. Whilst Mathie doesn't pick the team or deliver tactics on the day he still inputs into the footballing side as part of the bigger team discussion. Bullen could well be the biggest issue currently but as Mathie is both contributing to the decision making process and has the power to make changes then he deserves equal scrutiny. 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Given the state of the league it is possible to be both mid table and in a relegation fight. 

Anyway, we could lose heavily today and I don’t think he’d be sacked. 

Prescient

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We were talking about that today, how can we even plan for next year when we know he’s not staying. If he was he would have signed an extension by now, makes the current situation even more mental that he’s not even under threat. 

He’s 99.9% not here next year. Whether that’s his doing (please, financially) or our doing (for the love of god please), he’s not here next year. Mathie loves to plan ahead *cough* premiership ready. For the current situation to continue it makes zero sense. I suppose, that’s the Ayr United way. I love Ayr United but by god they make it difficult.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

McGeady offering squares goes to fans as he’s subbed off after anonymous cameo. 

He gave the finger to people up in the stand when he was still in the pitch, was just after he'd been wiped out on the touchline by Crawford

Complete clown move by our most experienced guy in the team, summed up the day and lack of control Bullen has over things, wouldn't surprise me if McGeady had the balls to say to Bullen you've not got a clue. 

Have finally calmed down enough to somewhat gather my thoughts after that shite.

Morton, or any other team around where we are, have a squad no better than ours on paper. Yet today we were completely outclassed and outfought by them. Against Raith we we had nothing to lose and let our forwards play with freedom we put out our best attacking display of the season, yet while watching Chalmers and Murphy today it feels like Bullen is sending them out with 1 arm tied behind their back through our tactics. Add that to the nonsense "play out from the back before either giving the ball away in your own half or launch it straight to their keeper" and it's clear to see that recent results and performances are on the manager and the way he sets up.

Even if the squad is good enough to at least give other teams at our level half a game it still doesn't excuse the shambolic recruitment Mathie and Glendinning have overseen. Handing out 2 year deals to shite like Syla and Rose hoping that we'll strike gold again because we did it last season. Meanwhile every team that succeeds at this level, even ourselves when we could compete under McCall, did it by signing known quantities who knew the league, mixed in with the odd punt from elsewhere. I'm not saying we can't sign players from England, but we can't go about building our whole squad on these guys, as ultimately having a solid team on the park is what will get us to the Premiership, not a new stand or North Korean style propaganda videos. It's like building a house and making the foundations out of a mystery substance that could be better than concrete but could just as easily be weak as paper, instead of just going for fucking concrete in the first place. Now our builders may say that all the other builders are going for concrete too, so we should go for the mystery substance because there's more of it and its easier (and possibly cheaper) to get. But there's a reason why builders use concrete. It fucking works. If you want a solid house, you use concrete, even if it's difficult to get. Add this to the fact that the builders clearly don't have a clue and it's clear to see our grand project isn't happening with the current leadership.

Rant over. Get Bullen Mathie Glendinning and all these jobbers from England out the door and get some people who have half a clue in the door asap. I hope you're reading this Smith

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Kelty at home could be a right wake up call for the top brass when they see how many season ticket holders don’t turn up.

I honestly do not expect us to get through

Mathie will also be looking at Morton situation where they were plum bottom under Imrie, stuck by him and now they're 5th.

We've never been bottom under Bullen so we're in a fantastic position.... 

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Is the perfect message given the club already has our money.

Aye, there has to be something we can do at home games. Do they care if season ticket holders rock up? Could we enter the stadium on mass at 3:05?

I'm fucking sick of this shite and want to express my discontent. I'll decide about Saturday when I've calmed down.

27 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

At the time it was Mathie who mentioned we were looking for a first team coach and he also mentioned this again after Bullen was hired. He has also spoken of the collegiate approach where they all sit around the table and discuss many footballing matters. Under the old way the manager would carry the can for everything and rightly so. As a club we aren't big enough to have a DOF so part of this falls into the MD remit. Whilst Mathie doesn't pick the team or deliver tactics on the day he still inputs into the footballing side as part of the bigger team discussion. Bullen could well be the biggest issue currently but as Mathie is both contributing to the decision making process and has the power to make changes then he deserves equal scrutiny. 

It’s not Mathies decision to make though. There will be conversations between he and Smith but as the chairman it’s the latter who has to make the decision. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s not Mathies decision to make though. There will be conversations between he and Smith but as the chairman it’s the latter who has to make the decision. 

Smith has shown he's willing to act before. He sacked Kerr when not everyone wanted him gone, actually I think there were more people who thought Kerr should stay when he was sacked than there are who think Bullen should stay now. 

I don't think he'll go tonight/tomorrow but I think Smith will act if we lose on Saturday

Edited by GuyIncognito

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

Is this a hint or am I reading into this too much? Please don't get my hopes up.

No

I am literally fucking praying for someone to tell us he’s away.