The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Scott Brown and Steven Whittaker have literally just jogged past me. Was so taken aback that I never even asked them for a picture 

Just handed their notice in and hightailing it out of Ayr IMO 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Scott Brown and Steven Whittaker have literally just jogged past me. Was so taken aback that I never even asked them for a picture 

They'll need to pick up the pace if they're looking to get to Kirkcaldy by the end of the day.

1 minute ago, Double Jack D said:

Where have these rumours came from that Raith fans want Brown? Most Rovers fans would prefer Ian Murray to Brown.

If Brown was to leave this season I certainly wouldn't be excited at the prospect of Murray to Ayr.  

I know it won’t happen because as the panda says the club won’t comment on every piece of bullshit, but what I would give for one of Rob MacLean wee 3 minute video interviews with Broon saying he’s not f**king leaving.

Edited by Andy_AUFC

Just now, Andy_AUFC said:

I know it won’t happen because as the panda the club won’t comment on every piece of bullshit, but what I would give for one of Rob MacLean wee 3 minute video interviews with Broon saying he’s not f**king leaving.

Lumii_20240819_130605246.jpg

46 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They seem to take their empire biscuits seriously up there so this must be true.  

The truth is that he's going to Arbroath where he has been promised a playing budget of £1m a year. They have sweetened the deal by awarding Ashleigh Construction the contract to build their new 40,000 seater stadium with electrically retracting roof to keep the wind out.

18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If Brown was to leave this season I certainly wouldn't be excited at the prospect of Murray to Ayr.  

He’s been mediocre at every club he’s been at, competent, a safe pair of hands, slightly above average. 

It's all a stunt by Browns agent to get his name out there in Scottish football. Coming to Ayr as a relative unknown he knows being linked to the Fife mouthbreathers will raise his profile. 

Who knows, maybe one day he'll be a household name.

100-200K is lottery type winnings in this league where teams are on their arse. Add in the cash required for wages and new signings then it gets to silly levels. If Raith had that sort of cash there would be a lot more happening down that way that we have seen so far. 

Brown will also be wanting to get a job done well in this league then move onto bigger things. He has already invested 6 months at Ayr and signs are it might pay off. To walk away from that to a job that might require some rebuilding and more time invested won't have the appeal that some may think 

Browns time down south and Scottish footballs reputation will hopefully keep most English teams away from him. 

Hibs would be the only danger, but would he want to go to Hibs if they are struggling badly? I don’t see him leaving for St Johnstone or Ross County. Don’t think anyone else will be on the lookout this season. 

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

100-200K is lottery type winnings in this league where teams are on their arse. Add in the cash required for wages and new signings then it gets to silly levels. If Raith had that sort of cash there would be a lot more happening down that way that we have seen so far. 

Yeah, with all due respect to Scott Brown who has had a fantastic start to the season and may well go on to be a brilliant manager but if we had a spare 100-200k sitting around, we’d be aiming a lot higher than him.

It’s nonsense for a wide variety of reasons but I’m not sure why anyone would believe we have 6 figures to invest in buying a manager or that we’d happily hand that level of cash over to a divisional rival or that the person we’d do that for was someone who only about 5-6 weeks ago, the jury was still well and truly out on whether they were actually any good as a manager.

Early warning for you guys

With Rangers having been drawn at home in the League Cup for the weekend of the 21st September, I’d say the chances of our game against you being at Hampden on the Saturday as planned are near zero.

Could be a double whammy of teeny tiny little Hampden and on the Friday.

9 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Early warning for you guys

With Rangers having been drawn at home in the League Cup for the weekend of the 21st September, I’d say the chances of our game against you being at Hampden on the Saturday as planned are near zero.

Could be a double whammy of teeny tiny little Hampden and on the Friday.

If the Rangers game was to be on the Sunday, would it be possible to have Queens Park v Ayr on the Friday night in big Hampden?

You lot must be furious at the club / sfa for all of this. Mental the way that QP fans (and their opponents) are being treated in order to bend over to sevco.

15 minutes ago, AUcal said:

If the Rangers game was to be on the Sunday, would it be possible to have Queens Park v Ayr on the Friday night in big Hampden?

You lot must be furious at the club / sfa for all of this. Mental the way that QP fans (and their opponents) are being treated in order to bend over to sevco.

The Morton game on the 14th has been moved to Lesser despite there being no fixture clash that weekend which suggests that big Hampden ain’t an option for us as long as Rangers are there. The fixture clash on weekend of 21st will just be a convenient excuse I suspect.

Most of the fury is at our own club for the mismanagement of the Lesser Hampden project and the ever-absent communication.

I think Morton had something like 800 fans at Hampden the last time vs the c250 that will be available at Lesser. Even more of a disparity for Ayr fans no doubt.

Edited by Spider Rico

Just now, Spider Rico said:

The Morton game on the 14th has been moved to Lesser despite there being no fixture clash that weekend which suggests that big Hampden ain’t an option for us as long as Rangers are there. The fixture clash on weekend of 21st will just be a convenient excuse I suspect.

Most of the fury is at our own club for the mismanagement of the Lesser Hampden project and the ever-absent communication.

I don’t know the cash implications but you’d think it would make sense for Queens Park to try and reverse some fixtures from the first and second quarters with teams likely to outstrip demand of lesser Hampden. 

That would be dependent on Rangers being back at Ibrox by then. I’m sure I read somewhere that QP had been told to expect to be out of Hampden for the rest of the year. But that may have been shite stirring by someone. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

I don’t know the cash implications but you’d think it would make sense for Queens Park to try and reverse some fixtures from the first and second quarters with teams likely to outstrip demand of lesser Hampden. 

That would be dependent on Rangers being back at Ibrox by then. I’m sure I read somewhere that QP had been told to expect to be out of Hampden for the rest of the year. But that may have been shite stirring by someone. 

Being out of Hampden for at least that long feels almost inevitable.

Even well organised, well funded construction projects can over run and Rangers are neither of those things right now!

I don’t know what point it becomes an official “safety issue” if potentially large numbers of fans try to watch the game from the hill in the car park