The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

At what point does he get feed up putting money in for it to go tit's up

I mean tbh Brown was always too good for this level and its showed. 

It was a massive lucky coup that we got him

Embarrassing stuff from Brown. To leave a squad you have just put together in the lurch so early into the season is so poor, fair enough if it was Hibs etc. 

I don’t think it makes much sense from anyone’s perspective tbh. He has had a few decent games at the start of this season, so I’m not entirely sure what St Johnstone are actually looking at. 

Ian Murray is probably the best fit for us - decent style of play but not entirely wedded to it and happy to go direct in moments. He’ll also be incredibly motivated after the Raith situation.

Sore one for Ayr if Brown leaves. Wonder how much Dowds injury and Falkirks form may sway him.

I don't see St Johnstone as a step up if ayr could genuinely challenge. That's a potential play off final between the two clubs.

Wouldn't be surprised tbh if in his contract is a clause about if a Premiership club comes calling we won't stand in your way...

Wonder if Whittaker may want to hang around because as long as he stays in Brown's shadow he's forever going to be ignored for the work he does.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Are the club not going to be commenting on this like they didn't with the Raith job.

Is this made an approach bit been leaked to prepare us for the big news.

Not exactly leaked VOR has confirmed an official approach has been made to the club.

Would imagine just now a hastly arranged board meeting will be taking place involving Brown and his agents

A huge gamble for Brown. Already has a sacking from Fleetwood on his CV so needs to be absolutely sure that St. Johnstone would work out for him, otherwise it leaves question marks about whether or not he can manage at higher levels. At Ayr he's likely to have more leeway if there's a poor run of form. 

Also, he gets a lot of backing from Smith and it would look really poor that he just ups and leaves. Would he enjoy the same level of relative support and freedom at St Johnstone? 

I don't think he'll go. 

With the backing and team he has been building, giving Ayr another 12-18 months could see him walk in to a much bigger job than St Johnstone. 12-18 months at St Johnstone might lead to a top 6 finish in the premier. 

He's not saving much travelling time, he's not short of money and Smith will presumably be doing everything to keep him.